Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 370 Discussion/371 Prediction Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mote's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 370 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Thanks for the spoilers as always, GAT

Btw, the Kannon statue face's full line is:

"We will show you in a way that is easy to understand...that humans are no more than 'things'"

Sounds delightfully ominous

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    This is a meaningless discussion, they are not going to change their way of thought. The whole "humans are trash and deserve to be exterminated" is boring, it's just lovely how Oku is trying to cause shock by writing this kind of relevation.
    Agreed. The only thing these chapters have going for it is the aliens shapeshifting into random things. If it was just a normal looking guy explaining this to everyone I'd probably skip it. What looked interesting in the spoilers has turned out to be a bit of a circlejerk on philosophy.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mote View Post
    Thanks for the spoilers as always, GAT

Btw, the Kannon statue face's full line is:

"We will show you in a way that is easy to understand...that humans are no more than 'things'"

Sounds delightfully ominous
    Judging from the spoiler pic it looks like they actually create life rather than destroy it. It looks a bit like Reika maybe? Close enough at least to stir a reaction in Kei.

Which begs the question, why the fuck is this happening if they literally have the power to create life? Let the giants do their thing and then instantaneously clean up the mess. Or just destroy the giants and rebuild them somewhere else out of harms way.

If they've genuinely brought back Reika is this just another bullshit plot contrivance? If so what's the point of killing characters in the first place if they're just going to be back a minute later? And if so, why disable the gantz tech? Is it just to hype up your god aliens, Oku?

I wonder what level of involvement the aliens have had over Earth. They clearly have the power to do absolutely anything. For all we know they built the human race themselves. Do they have something special planned for Kei? May be naive but I keep thinking back to Gantz/MINUS and how Kei is supposed to be the 'chosen one' or something. Generally I think it was just there to milk the franchise a little, but then we get things like Reika going out of her way to separate Kei from Tae, and then to die keeping him alive, and now here she is again apparently and we all kind of know it's for Kei.. Are the aliens using her as a tool to manipulate Kei? I mean why single him out? Just makes me wonder.

---

I feel like I had something better to talk about but I completely forgot what it was

Final thoughts:

- Enough with the philosophy. While I somewhat agree with it, it's a bit boring.
    - Reviving Reika could be pretty interesting IF they change it up a little. I hope Oku thinks of an interesting way to alter her personality a bit or something, otherwise if it's just the same old Reika it feels like he's toying with us again like with Tae but in reverse. Although on the otherhand, this would be the perfect way to reintroduce the idea that death is meaningless if you're going to be revived again and again. I wasn't convinced when Cherry's teacher mentioned it in Osaka but I'm certainly feeling it now that there's seemingly no effort required and no cost to the team.
    - The aliens make no sense. I have a suspicion they're going to offer to revive everybody as incentive to get the Gantzers to fight something but I just think why bother? All they have to do is blink and they can drastically alter the universe. Do it yourselves, silly aliens.
    Last edited by Damura; September 02, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know why I keep checking on gantz. I guess I liked it so much at one point that I cant let the gantz I loved go... but this chapter. I mean look at kei crying that much over stupid philosophical ideals that apply to nothing at all. Do you all really care that much if this thing thinks your an insect their all getting butt hurt over semantics
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so wait, these giant aliens are just dick versions of dr.manhattan? I'm only going by that since they somehow recreated reika out of surrounding matter.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    I dont know why I keep checking on gantz. I guess I liked it so much at one point that I cant let the gantz I loved go... but this chapter. I mean look at kei crying that much over stupid philosophical ideals that apply to nothing at all. Do you all really care that much if this thing thinks your an insect their all getting butt hurt over semantics
    lol

the meaning of life can be heavy stuff but shit Kei, get it together!

Have you been following along week by week or just catching up on a bunch of them now?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    - The aliens make no sense. I have a suspicion they're going to offer to revive everybody as incentive to get the Gantzers to fight something but I just think why bother? All they have to do is blink and they can drastically alter the universe. Do it yourselves, silly aliens.
    Oku just loves dem plot devices.

My worst ending scenario is actually happening, everybody is going to get revived...at least Sakurai and Reika are already back, and it's so fucking lame to bring back such characters that died a couple of chapters ago...no, it would be lame to bring back anyone.

Also, if Reika isn't possessed by alien powers or some s**t she would be the same character with lame personality...Oku can't into good female characters in this manga.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

At this point given the fact the Oku deliberately stated that revivals were off the table it's a bit of a slap in the face. After all it's literally set up for us to think they're never coming back, and then 5 chapters later.. they're back!

Has Sakurai been confirmed yet? Kinda looks like him I guess.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't particularly imagine the aliens wanting the gantzters to fight someone or something. Why would they need that? The aliens have superior technology as a matter of fact (gantz was sent 30 years ago meaning that it is also outdated by their standards today) and they even seem to perhaps have transcended physical forms (assuming what we are seeing are the actual aliens in which case they simply seem to be taking shapes we can understand). I don't particularly see how the aliens intend on making a point by reviving someone. Gantz has revived a number of people by now.... So what impact did they hope to have? I wonder if perhaps they intend to reprogram reika? It would show that humans are not quite individuals but things. But then again, why the need to convince humans that they are things?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think too much about it...Gantz is filled with half-assed logic.

I wouldn't be surprised if they revived Reika just to prove that people are things, and when they are about to kill her the room starts to get filled with spider monsters and Kurono escapes with Reika before the room explodes.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kenshi's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Oku just loves dem plot devices.

My worst ending scenario is actually happening, everybody is going to get revived...at least Sakurai and Reika are already back, and it's so fucking lame to bring back such characters that died a couple of chapters ago...no, it would be lame to bring back anyone.

Also, if Reika isn't possessed by alien powers or some s**t she would be the same character with lame personality...Oku can't into good female characters in this manga.
    Agree. Mary had a good pesonality but when she hugged Kaze and kissed him...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't the final alien in Gantz/Minus a skinless thing humanoid thing?
    Anyway When I saw those two skinless humanoids and didn't focus on the image I automatically thought it was a Nuraiyhon lol.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Agree. Mary had a good pesonality but when she hugged Kaze and kissed him...
    lol, saw that coming a mile away

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If the alien revives Reika with a "alien" personality, or just brings her back to have her cry for a seconds and then kills her again IMO would be interesting. Now if they resurrect Reika just to make Kurono happy...no..please no.

I always liked Reika but I don't want to see her back.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

"Does it have a soul?"

This is the second line of the final "phrase "that appears in this chapter. I see it now, Oku is trying to make the human perspective on this manga a very religious point of view, that's why people react that way when the monster says they are just "things" (in the bible, man is the king of creation).

The problem is that it doesn't matter at all...Oku is trying to play with an abstract concept and every single ramification that it would have on the characters would be a forced plot device since the human is defined by their actions not by his "soul". Maybe that's the point Oku is trying to reach but come onnnn....some of us have it fro granted.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    this is funny indeed
    but he may cry out loud for reika, not just arguing an argument, even though the alien seems too irrelavent for her death
    i think what he really said is that "i hurt so much inside, how could life be meaningless!?"

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast