Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hints, ambiguity, hypothesis in Bleach

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hints, ambiguity, hypothesis in Bleach

As we read through the manga, there're several hints & ambiguity. This thread is for us to state our thoughts about those hints. I'll start with a few, feel free to discuss & add more.

Counterparts:

Hitsu vs Yamo
    Strongest fire vs strongest ice zanpaktou
    Oldest captain vs youngest captain
    First division letter is a horizontal line, tenth division is a horizontal and a vertical line.
    First division's flower: Chrysanthemums. To Asia culture, this signify death and grief.
    Tenth division's flower: Daffodil. Represent happiness and good fortune

My thoughts: Hitsu will probably be the next Yamo, maybe in 1000 years though XD

Starrk vs Zaraki
    I've just recently thought about them, what drew my attention to them was Yachiru and Lilynette (Big guy, little girl).

Opposite personality: Starrk is lazy, dislike fighting. Zaraki is energetic, loves fighting
    Starrk release: eye patch on, Zaraki release: eye patch off
    Starrk: long range weapons, Zaraki: melee beast
    Hairstyles: self explanatory
    Lilynette's hair: green, yachiru's hair: pink (opposite colors on the color wheel)
    Starrk and Lilynette introduced their names to each other when they first met, Zaraki gave himself and Yachiru their names.

My thoughts: this might hint about the relationship between Yachiru and Zaraki's zanpaktou. I have a hypothesis about how Yachiru is a perfect materialized spirit of Zaraki's Zanpaktou. However, because Zaraki didn't learn her real name, instead he gave her one, he can't use the zanpaktou's power.

Ambiguities and my theories

Who are the two kids that live with Urhara? why are they so strong?
    -Their parents were attacked and killed by hollows, Urahara save them and they are fullbringers.

Why didn't Tessai participate in the fight against Aizen
    -I have no idea...

What did Mayuri find in Szayel's lab?
    -Szayel managed to seal Renji's Bankai. My theory is that he managed to capture a vandenreich and studied the medallion. Mayuri found out about this and is about to use it against the quincies (Kubo stated that what was found in that lab will be crucial to this war)

Where is Ishida?
    -He's kidnapped (similar to Rukia, Orihime, Chad in the previous arcs)

Other interesting things:
    Arrancars - Spainish
    Vandenreich - Germans
    All arrancars' name has 2 of the same letters stand next to each other (Starrk, Baraggan, Harribel, Nnoitra...)

That's all I can think of at the moment, I might add some more. Please discuss

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hints, ambiguity, hypothesis in Bleach

good thread, interesting stuff. Keep it up!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    My thoughts: this might hint about the relationship between Yachiru and Zaraki's zanpaktou. I have a hypothesis about how Yachiru is a perfect materialized spirit of Zaraki's Zanpaktou. However, because Zaraki didn't learn her real name, instead he gave her one, he can't use the zanpaktou's power.
    This is the most interesting one out of all. But how come Yachiru's materialized spirit keeps that form, then? In the Zanpakotu fillers, the spirits of the souls were eventually destined to die away, if separated from their wielders' reiatsu. Only Muramasa counters this argument, and he was devouring Hollows to extend his life time on his own accord.
    I'd like to develop more about this theory, though. It's an enjoyable one, that's for sure.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

My hypothesis is based on the relationship between Starrk and Lilynette. Lilynette is the embodiment of Starrk's power, I'd like to think of the same for Zaraki and Yachiru. Yachiru, despite her young age, was able to be around Zaraki for as long as we know him. Yet, she doesn't suffocate from his reiatsu while most average shinigami and even vice captains are likely to be. This can also be traced back on how Starrk was unconsciously releasing reiatsu and kills a bunch of hollows but it doesn't affect Lilynette as they have the same reiatsu. Zanpaktou spirits have very similar reiatsu to its wielder, and we know that Yachiru's reiatsu can make average shinigamis sweat (she's very young).

These are all assumptions btw

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

The fillers are not canon. I doubt that Yachiru is a zan spirit, mostly becuase she was first shown as a baby. First, I doubt zan spirits grow, second, the spirit reflects the zan's abilities (how does it work with a baby?) and third, she has a different zan of her own. Not mentioning she is a shinigami.

And, Lilynette and Starrk have the same reiatsu, so of course she wouldn't suffocate from it. Yachiru, however, runs away when Kenpachi's fighting - isn't it because she'd be caught up in his power?
    Last edited by 0Xellos; August 09, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The fillers are not canon. I doubt that Yachiru is a zan spirit, mostly becuase she was first shown as a baby. First, I doubt zan spirits grow, second, the spirit reflects the zan's abilities (how does it work with a baby?) and third, she has a different zan of her own. Not mentioning she is a shinigami.

And, Lilynette and Starrk have the same reiatsu, so of course she wouldn't suffocate from it. Yachiru, however, runs away when Kenpachi's fighting - isn't it because she'd be caught up in his power?
    First, i will state that I'm not arguing that my theory is correct, i'm arguing that it is a possibility

-We don't know if zanpaktou spirit ages or not do we?
    -Zanpaktou have zanpaktou... Zangetsu and tensa zangetsu have a weapon don't they??
    -Yachiru runs away so she won't bother him...
    -Yachiru joined the gotei 13 at the same time at Zaraki, she didn't graduate from the academy, she doesn't have to be a shinigami to wear shinigami uniform. When Ishida and Orihima dressed as shinigami, the other couldn't tell that they were human or quincy right?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the one about yachiru and kenpachi. However if yachiru indeed is zaraki's zampakutp spirit I doubt it has somehow become a separate entity. All shinigami have the potential to materialize their zampakuto into the real world, it is a crucial step into mastering bankai. If this is indeed true then I would argue it is because somehow, unknowingly, kenpachi at some point managed to unintentionally materialize her into the real world. It would perhaps be a response to kenpachi being so overwhelmingly powerful and yachiru wanting to be with him so badly. Ichigo managed to materialize zangetsu into the real world unknowingly when he fought zaraki it wouldn't really be an unheard of situation. It would just be a extreme situation of kenpachi materializing his zampakuto for hundreds of years.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the one concerning Ishida. I think the Vandenreich have come into contact with him or will in the future.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The theory that Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit is a popular one, many people have entertained the idea since Lilynette turned out to be Starrk's zanpakuto, we have a thread on La Biblioteca de Bleach about Yachiru where this topic was discussed before. Admittedly this is a plausible theory but I hope Kubo won't make it real because I feel it damages Yachiru as a character by making her dependent on someone else, breaking individuality. When Ichigo fought Kenpachi, Zangetsu said that Kenpachi and his zanpakuto were working against each other, I don't think that would be the case if Yachiru was Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit who was watching the fight on the sidelines. Actually if Yachiru was Kenpachi's zanpakuto, I think Kenpachi couldn't be in permanent shikai state and would be forced to use a sealed sword until he learned how to release it properly by combining his power with Yachiru's in the same way Starrk did with Lilynette.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    -Zanpaktou have zanpaktou... Zangetsu and tensa zangetsu have a weapon don't they??
    But that looks the same as Zangetsu / Tensa Zangetsu (except when Ichi was training for bankai, Zangetsu old man was using different swords, but that's explained there). The word 'different' was underscored for a reason.

I'm also only providing arguments why I doubt that theory. (Next, clothes aren't that important, but rather the fact that Yachiru's regarded as a shinigami, and there were shinigami before the academy, too; bothering him is mostly by slowing Zaraki down since he needs to hold back not to hurt her - I think.)
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit that the theory about Yachiru is likely to fail. However, i doubt it is merely coincident for Starrkette and Zarachiru to be perfect counterparts. So if Yachiru isn't Zarachi's Zanpaktou spirit, can there be any other interpretation of their relationship based on that of Starrk and Lilynette?

There's also a theory that says Zaraki's zanpaktou ability is to absorb its user's reiatsu and materialize itself in to a separate entity that represent some trait of its master and to assist in combat.

If we apply this theory, we can interpret Yachiru's appearance as a child is caused by Zaraki not knowing the name of his zanpaktou, therefore wasn't able to materialize a stronger version.

It can also be because Zaraki despise the idea of double teaming someone (as well as a kido based zanpaktou), his zanpaktou manifest that and materialize a version that don't assist him in combat. However, the reiatsu, the energetic personality as well as the idiotic sense of direction is still reflected. Also, the reason that the materialized version last so long is because it keeps feeding on Zaraki's monstrous reiatsu (which also explains why Yachiru's reiatsu is so high for her age)

It's just another funny thought that came to my mind ) If it wasn't for the Starrk analogy, I'd like to think that Yachiru is not related to Zarachi power at all because it seems to degrade her.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; August 10, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I thought of this:

Spoiler show

That later was showed as:

Spoiler show

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoGF View Post
    Today I thought of this:

Spoiler show

That later was showed as:

Spoiler show
    Yea, there were hints about shinji's zanpaktou. I remember that when we first saw him, he was standing upside down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome! The Yachiru theory is my favorite. It really makes you think. Whether or not its true, still fun to ponder on.

Bring in more!

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun thing: I never realized all Espada had a double-letter in their names XD

I like how you compared Yama/Hitsu and Starrk/Kenpachi, it's interesting seeing it like that.

The thing I'm personally most interested in is who are Ururu and Jinta. If they're somehow special, and if not, at least their history.

ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast