Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!! (Average rating: 3.7 / 6)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 (Awful/Boring)

3 3.49%
  • 5 (Average)

14 16.28%
  • 4 (Good)

37 43.02%
  • 3 (Great!)

21 24.42%
  • 2 (Epic)

9 10.47%
  • 1 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 2.33%
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 678 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 678 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DaoneLuffy View Post
    I need this fight to be good, Zoro hasn't showcased his asura yet, I wanna see how strong it is. I guess Robin will fight Monet unless she turns out to be a double agent for Law. Where is Franky, he can't leave the building because of the poison so how why even talk about going to the Sunny. I like how Zoro told Luffy to really fight and not be careless, I had a problem with Luffy since the New World arc started.
    Zoro was in part scolding himself when he said that, Although he said it too Luffy. Sanji saying "So harsh to himself" kind of confirms that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned it in the previous discussions, but can we now conclude that what Law meant when he said "he wants to take something back", was his heart? Therefore, he was not referring to his crew. Additionally, his crew is probably just waiting inside their submarine outside the door R BUILDING 66.

Chopper where are you?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

great cover! that's a way to carry caribo outside FI and in the NW!!! so he's gonna join this arc with doflamingo after all.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 678 Discussion / 679 Predictions

Thank you Zoro! He said it himself. They were careless and got beat. I hope that clears up that discussion awhile back about whether they really "lost" or not.

Any way, another decent chapter. Or course we are all ready for some good fights (specifically some Haki fights). But I don't think we are gonna get the one on one's we really want to see...meaning the almost the whole crew one on one with someone like in past arcs. I think we'll see:

Luffy vs. Ceasar
    Smoker vs. Vergo
    Law vs. Monet
    Chopper vs. the "candy" (where he'll make some kinda temporary antidote)
    Zoro and Sanji vs. some of Ceasar stronger experiments
    rest of SHs/Marines vs. fodder

I wonder why Brownbeard was so surprised the marines knew his name? He was a pirate right?

In the last chapter, Franky mentioned doing something for the sunny...but not sure what he can do with all the gas outside.

And the cover story is getting interesting...Where is Jinbe going to drop Caribou off at; he's a wanted man himself. I wonder how that's gonna end.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji refusing to change back is hilarious. Law giving people two hours to achieve their counter-attack has definitely something to do with the key of the island. He is probably going to look for it with his powers shambling and scanning everything.

Come to think about it ! If Law were to shamble parts of the lab for other parts of the island where the key might be, that would endangeer the building's cover. Please also notice that kidnapping Ceasar is still Luffy's objective, my theories on him being part of their Yonko plan still goes on.

Doesn't Smoker look like an Admiral on the last panel of this page ? So Smoker has to kill him to settle his treason. I thought they would just have to testify against him but it seems more complicated within the marine organization. After all, it's military and not civil, and it's far seas where dictatorship from Commanders-in-chief are likely to happen since they aren't within the government's reach.

Add this to the fact him and his right-arm Tashigi are the only ones who have seen Vergo as a traitor, it's just two voices from lower ranks against their direct superior. Vergo's position can likely be used to cancel Smoker - put him under arrest for joining Law and Luffy's forces during the incident or something like that. With this false legal means, Vergo probably won't have problem with the officials . Not to say Smoker has been quite incisive against them : remember the "tell them to eat shit" with the Five Elder Stars ?

Plus, if Smoker and Tashigi were to protest from G-5 jail, not many would be to hear about it. Their protest and those of their G-5 friends would probably never leave the G-5 base. It's not as if they located on MHQ. Vergo has been cancelling information and protest from New World islands under his juridiction. Cancelling information from the military itself is probably not a big deal. Now it seems logic he has to kill the Head Vice-Admiral.

By the way, I'm glad Zoro made a remark about Luffy's behavior. Everyone noticed since Fishman Island arc how Luffy was reckless and know how it could have turned really bad for him. I guess Oda had planned it since the beginning.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

slow chapter but some things are clear...luffy vs cc, smoker vs vergo, tashigi and the marines are going to look for the escape, and kinemon and the other strawhats are loking for kids. franky is going to get sunny. one thing notice no one said they were taking on monet...think thats oda's way of hinting she is helpin law and the one who thru the paper at chopper. also kinemon looks so well with the strawhats. finally brownbeard gets sum love. wonder if the yeti cool bros will show back up? i think smoker is going to put up a good fight but vergo will be to much for him.....i think vergo is going to get away and become a pirate again and one of the strawhats will save smoker from dying and he will be upset caused the strawhats saved him again

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

finally sanji and nami are in their real bodies! smoker's about to face vergo,although knowing he may lose. yet,he obeying law is just epic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    as I expected,the spoilers were wrong and the story in this chapter is slowed down. but that's common in op,so we shouldn't complain
    Wich spoilers do you mean? Yesterday there were a problemn in the forums and the SPoiler Thread was erased very quickly, so most of us have no clue what the fake spoilers were about.

-----

As i expected UFO is a Variation of Firework

Funny to see that old attacks were improved. So wich old attack will be shown in an improved version next?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    Wich spoilers do you mean? Yesterday there were a problemn in the forums and the SPoiler Thread was erased very quickly, so most of us have no clue what the fake spoilers were about.
    nope,we did discuss them,especially I and a greek guy who had found them in another forum. they talked about caribo being imprisoned and the SHs charging against caesar's men. they were fake but in the end they weren't so distant from the reality: in fact, those were predictable things.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really loved how Zoro told Luffy (and himself) that the new world was starting now, and that they should stop being careless.
    They were both beaten, their adventure could have stopped now if their enemy would have wanted to kill them right away.

I really like their relationship.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,in this chapter zoro confirmed that he deserves to be the vice-captain. he isn't so stupid after all,although luffy is still joking (well,he can as those are just trash).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yea biggest thing is zoro's quote to Luffy bout the new world starting now. Is it just me or does Kinemon look REALLY good with the SHs? Glad Sanji got switched back. Is Law's 2hr time limit a foreshadowing him expecting someone's arrival by then? There's no reason for him to just decide 2hrs with out a reason why...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im really liking this arc. Zoro's comment about the new world starting now makes me feel like some real epicness is coming soon too, some dope strawhat fights or something

The fight im most looking forward to though is Smoker vs Vergo, marine vs marine. Smoker better not lose after his defeat by law earlier it would make him seem weak when hes actually probably stronger then ever
    "When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses." -Roronoa Zoro

"That which is known as friendship is weighed on the quality of time spent, not the quantity" -Bon Clay

"I dont want to conquer anything.. I just think that the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean....is the Pirate King!" -Monkey D. Luffy

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be funny if it was a 2 vs 2 fight. Smoker teaming with Luffy would be hilarious.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    yea biggest thing is zoro's quote to Luffy bout the new world starting now. Is it just me or does Kinemon look REALLY good with the SHs? Glad Sanji got switched back. Is Law's 2hr time limit a foreshadowing him expecting someone's arrival by then? There's no reason for him to just decide 2hrs with out a reason why...
    ahah, not to mention that the marines appealed them "Straw hats and Brownbeard", so kinemon was included into the SHs. yet,I hope he won't join the crew. he is strong,that's sure,but they have already a swordsman,and keep in mind that he has to look after his son.

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast