Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hisoka

1 3.57%
  • Illumi

0 0%
  • Chrollo

3 10.71%
  • Gyro

18 64.29%
  • Pariston

2 7.14%
  • Kurapika

1 3.57%
  • Other

3 10.71%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the Big Bad in Hunter x Hunter?

Gyro, Hisoka, a Meryem-like badass or Chrollo.

Chrollo and Hisoka might be out as character-exclusive bosses

So either Gyro or another ant-ish/dark continent dude

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: Can you guys see the poll results? If not, would you mind changing it so that they can Uriel? Thanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the results are hidden

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyro is a very good bet since he is so strong willed and determined and we've seen how much determination matters when it comes to Nen and power in the HxH universe.

There are still too many unknowns though especially after Ging and Beyond's reveal of what is to come and how much of the world is still out there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

best story would be if Gyro can control the elders at Ryuuseigai he controls Genei Ryodan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

About Meryem... He indeed was smart. But not knowledgeable. He didn't know many of things a common mid-schooler would; but he had a potential to learn it easily if he tried. But he didn't. He showed no interest of the outer world. And he also had much less time to learn than he thought he would. It wasn't a plothole that Ants weren't informed about the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    It's even possible they DID know about the Rose Bomb's existence but brushed it off as being "just another pathetic human weapon." Or maybe they weren't expecting someone like Netero to become a suicide bomber. The idea that someone would INTENTIONALLY explode themselves in order to kill others could have very well been a complete mystery to someone like Meryem. That's not to say Meryem wouldn't understand the concept of sacrifice. But remember, the only reason Meryem and Netero fought where they did was because of Komugi's injury. Otherwise they would have fought in the palace and not only would have Netero blown himself and the King and Komugi and whoever else was in that room but a bunch of other people within that radius. That Netero would sacrifice himself and his own comrades simply to kill the King might not be something Meryem would think of. Because such thinking is very much a human way of thinking. Humans will do stuff like
    crash planes into towers killing themselves and thousands of others--just to make a point.
    An ant like Meryem would never think to do something of the sort as it would be pointless.
    Well, actually, I don't think Netero'd have sacrificed his comrades. His point was to divide the King from his Guards - obviously, to not have anyone come into bomb radius. Injured Komugi's just made that easier.

Now, I think Gyro, even though being less smart than Meryem, should be more knowledgeable. And he has a great experience of hiding in shadows. Meryem couldn't possibly do that even if he wanted, cuz sudden appearance of the unknown species do draw a lot of attention. It's easier for Gyro in this sense. And I doubt Meryem would even try to hide his actions; as he didn't have to fear anyone succeeding in interrupting. So Gyro would have a lot more of time to play out his plan. He doesn't seem so dangerous as the Ants from the start, so he couldn't possibly draw so much attention that it is needed to annihilate him quickly. And that is a big mistake. That're the main reasons I think he could be potentially more dangerous than the Ants were. And it seems even if he isn't the "Big Bad", he could be the main villain of the final arc. Well, I hope so.

Now, I didn't find the discussion of what happened with Chrollo... So I think I'll post my thoughts here. It is pretty obvious that he couldn't have been killed by Hisoka behind the scenes (tho it is Togashi who we are talking about, so you can't know for sure =3). So the fight probably didn't take place yet. And it was said that Chrollo was running from Hisoka (?). Assuming of what we have already seen of Chrollo, he doesn't seem like a man who would break his promise to fight. So it looks like he was still unable to fight even though the Chain was (probably) taken off him. Then I remembered the Exorcist who agreed to help them is Abengane... Who doesn't only take of the curse but has the Forest Ghost eat it and then it 'replaces' the curse until the Nen goes away by itself. So it's probable that Chrollo is just uncomfortable with this Nen beast (lol) so he can't fight. I think Hisoka would understand in the end. Another question then is why Kurapika didn't feel that his Nen was taken off... There are two options for that. The first is he actually sensed it and is currently searching for Danchou. The second is that the Beast actually imitates the 'Nen signal' or whatever there is. I mean, Genthru could probably sense his Nen as well, but he didn't sense it when it remained inside the Beast Abengane called (I guess). It could be that the Nen was removed as the title suggests and the Nen Beast comes only as a replacement; but there is a possibility that the beast makes Nen user to sense his Nen as he shoud if it still would be on. Genthru would feel like the bomb on Abengane exploded (or there's another option that he doesn't just pay attention) and Kurapika would feel like the Chain is still on Danchou. So that's my version. Or was it obvious already and I'm just being slowpoke? ._.

I hope you understand my lame english =D

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

About the feeling your aura...Not necessary. If you take in consideration Kurotopi ability, you'll see that it's not implied that every thing made with Nen has En applied to it. So you could just recieve a signal of your aura, but only knowing that it's moving.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we were talking about Chimera ants and stuff I'll just add this vid... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k2wGiHYxbw

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dat Koala Ant

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    About the feeling your aura...Not necessary. If you take in consideration Kurotopi ability, you'll see that it's not implied that every thing made with Nen has En applied to it. So you could just recieve a signal of your aura, but only knowing that it's moving.
    I remember Kurapika saying that he knows about Exorcist and that he would feel that aura would be removed... That's it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just random thought.... suddenly pop out in my brain when I'm in school and looking at this....
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That's bring the question if it's Jairo or Gyro.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus Chrollo vs Kuroro.
    I doubt Togashi knows English. I mean, Quwrof Wrlccywrlir? Really? =D

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Plus Chrollo vs Kuroro.
    I doubt Togashi knows English. I mean, Quwrof Wrlccywrlir? Really? =D
    Oh man. This.

I keep forgetting the real spellings of the characters' names.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3