Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Miura's work used wihtout his consent?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Miura's work used wihtout his consent?

Greetings everyone. Today I turned on the TV right at the moment when the local Russian TV company was transmiting a programme covering mystical origins of the human civilization. What rivetted my attention was the part where the narrator explores the possibility that our ancestors might have been giants-shapshifter (ignore sanity). The narration was accompanied by a number of images including this one: http://i46.tinypic.com/16bagpg.jpg
    A moment after I saw this I realized it is Rakshas, one of Griffiths accomplices.

Nowhere I found any records mentioning that this particular piece of art belongs to Kentaro Miura. I find such an appoach impropriate. Miura deserves credit. Now I would not cause any ruckus in case if it had been someone else, but I just felt bad for Kentaro.

I have no idea if this is prosecuted by law (it might not, or it is simply not important enough to care about). I tried to find e-mails of Miura's publishers in order to notify them but I am afraid I failed(. The web-sites were in Japaneese and Google Translate was not much of a help. Hell, Ctrl+F "@" was not much of a help to find their e-mails there!

And so I was finally forced to register on the forums hoping that someone of you might know their contacts. I won't judge the usual content of REN-TV (that's the TV company), but I was exasperated by this. Sorry if you find this not worth discussing and thank you for your time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miura's work used wihtout his consent?

This is an outrage! I'm commisioning fifteen of the best lawyers to help Miura out. Wish us luck.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fixit's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miura's work used wihtout his consent?

Let the kids play, no one will die from it, it isnt like the program will make millions of dolars and be watched by millions of people + miura wont fail to make milliooons of yens

New Reply