Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins??

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honeymooners Luffy and Hancock

9 69.23%
  • Revolutionaries Kuma and Ivankov

4 30.77%
New Reply

Thread: Luffy & Hancock vs. Kuma & Ivankov

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy & Hancock vs. Kuma & Ivankov

Just a simple match on the Epicenter of Punk Hazard...

Fight is over once both enemies on one team dies...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy & Hancock vs. Kuma & Ivankov

This battle is awesome. I'm not particularly confident in my answer on this one. I'd give the advantage to the Revolutionaries at the moment. For me, Luffy has yet to show that he would be able to win against Kuma. This is probably owed to the fact that Luffy hasn't really been given the chance. Since the timeskip, he hasn't been given the opportunity to show his full range in battle. The other thing is that Boa's DF ability is up against two individuals who are likely to go unaffected by her non-contact petrification. Kuma still has one of the most ridiculous DF abilities in the manga. Ivankov, despite the endless antics, is a beast. So, I'm leaning towards Kuma & Ivankov.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at the very least Hancock has shown that she can effect lustless objects with slave arrow... and her fighting style is deadly in conjunction with her devil fruit, and even if it's countered by being lustless it still has impact as she is a haki user, more than likely capable of using all 3 types...

Luffy has shown enough to at least give Kuma a strong run for his money... and I believe he more than Likely would be able to even put Iva down with his aggressive attack style...
    ---

Here's where I see the real trouble for Luffy and Hancock...

Kuma and Ivankov together have not only insane power, but insane complimentary support... Between Healing and Energizing Hormones, and Kuma's ability to remove Pain and Fatigue, this battle will be the greatest battle of Endurance Luffy will ever have to push through to win...

---

Though when it comes to Luffy and Hancock their feelings of respectively Strong Friendship and Love will make them fight even harder for each other...

When Hancock gets hurt or "gulps" gets killed... Luffy goes beserk, and we could see something worse than with Rob Lucci
    Then in the reversal, and the same thing happens to Luffy... well ask Smoker and countless Pacifista just how she can be...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    Well at the very least Hancock has shown that she can effect lustless objects with slave arrow... and her fighting style is deadly in conjunction with her devil fruit, and even if it's countered by being lustless it still has impact as she is a haki user, more than likely capable of using all 3 types...

Luffy has shown enough to at least give Kuma a strong run for his money... and I believe he more than Likely would be able to even put Iva down with his aggressive attack style...
    ---

Here's where I see the real trouble for Luffy and Hancock...

Kuma and Ivankov together have not only insane power, but insane complimentary support... Between Healing and Energizing Hormones, and Kuma's ability to remove Pain and Fatigue, this battle will be the greatest battle of Endurance Luffy will ever have to push through to win...

---

Though when it comes to Luffy and Hancock their feelings of respectively Strong Friendship and Love will make them fight even harder for each other...

When Hancock gets hurt or "gulps" gets killed... Luffy goes beserk, and we could see something worse than with Rob Lucci
    Then in the reversal, and the same thing happens to Luffy... well ask Smoker and countless Pacifista just how she can be...
    If it comes down to a ranged battle, I don't see Hancock's arrows getting anywhere near either Kuma or Ivankov. They're both more than capable of avoiding or destroying her arrows with their abilities. Kuma is just going to spam his shockwaves, while Ivankov is going to do the same. I don't see how Hancock handles this. Luffy may be more resistant because of his body, but if it comes down to two v one he is going to get stomped. The alternative is for Luffy & Hancock to make it a close ranged-battle. Getting in close to these two is going to be extremely difficult in itself because of Kuma & Iva's abilites. And even if you close in on either of them, Iva is a skilled fighter and Kuma has his one-touch push. Kuma can 'push' away exhaustion, and seemingly anything else he wants, and Iva has those very helpful injections. With those abilities, they're going to be able to continue for the long haul, even beyond what Luffy's will is likely to accomplish, berserk mode or not. From what I've seen, Kuma & Ivankov are probably, at the moment, the superior team.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hancock, Kuma, and Luffy should be in the same league at this point in the story. I'm not at all convinced Ivankov is, however. So I give the edge to Hancock and Luffy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, one thing we may be sure of. Hancock is going to wallow in her phantasies in this match again: Kuma acts as priest, Luffy and Hancock marry and Ivankov is the maid of honor.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As strong as I do believe ivankov to be I honestly don't think he would win either against luffy or hancock. Hancock is insanely strong and IMO it is very likely she is still a decent bit stronger than luffy. We know that at least she has fully mastered haki and her fruit has a number of abilities ambiguously related to love. Even if she can't petrify either of them there is no reason for her arrows and a few other attacks we have seen to not work on them. And even then she is still a powerful physical fighter. Kuma could or not be the strongest one here but since he IMO has the weakest person here as a team mate I give this to luffy and hankock.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo Kuma was nerfed by Oda (made in to a cyborg), because he understands that his powers are just god-like, it's basically one touch one kill, in shabaody the straw hats and the pacifista were hopeless against him, i don't see how Luffy could deal with him (or anyone else for that matter).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this would be a good match!

Hancock can definitely match Ivankov. I'd say they would be fighting toe to toe for a long time.

It would come down to Luffy or Kuma. I think Kuma now isn't as strong as he used to be since he's totally a cyborg, and probably not as quick-witted as he was before. But I'm not sure that's enough for Luffy to win. The only chance Luffy has is to be able to evade Kuma's attacks using Haki. Even one hit from Kuma's paws could send him flying into the sea or something.

It would be quite a spectacle, though.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do believe it might be an interesting fight, but I don't agree that Luffy and Hancock would win this one.
    Kuma during the War even without his concious was immensly stronger than really strong opponents. Also his DF power is too much for them to handle. He is too fast and also has long-range attacks that will just send both Luffy and Hancock flying. Also they don't have any counter to Ursus Shock for now...
    And talking about Iva... he seemed to be stronger than Kuma in Marineford, so I don't see a way for current Luffy and Hancock beat them...

New Reply