Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: How do you feel about seeing M-24 come back?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

0 0%
  • I like it.

2 50.00%
  • Meh, whatever

0 0%
  • *sigh*

2 50.00%
  • It sucks!

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 245 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 245 Review

Things are back to normal in Noblesse so I'm bring back the predictions section where I can make my bold predictions, most of which are wrong, but are bold nonetheless.

Looks like the Previous Lord dominated last week's show-stealer poll. Considering how awesome he is it's hard to argue with that result, even though I voted for Ragar.

Now Onto the Review!

Chapter Summary

Because he's a sadist.

This week begins with the RK-5, Frankenstein, and Raizel in Franky's house discussing where events currently stand. Tao explains that the death of the Union Elder has been vaguely blamed on an unknown noble, at Frankenstein suggestion; which is technically true. The KSA has more or less covered up everything else about their involvement. Regis worries if the KSA can be trusted but Tao assures him that Frankenstein's meeting with them had gone very well.

The scene fades to show Frankenstein meeting with the KSA director, his lead scientist(Dr. Robotnic), Sangeen, and Yontsu. They are surprised when he immediately recognizes that Robotnic was the one responsible for Yontsu and Sangeen's modification work. Franky compliments the quality of his work but also takes a distinctly warning tone; and makes sure he knows that if his work is discovered by the Union it would bring trouble far beyond recent events, and that Franky would NOT be pleased with that.

The head of the KSA then asks if his agency keeping Franky's group a secret is really all he wants in exchange for all the help he has given. Frankenstein assures him that all they want is a quiet life; and further answers the hidden question, that the boss of the KSA really wants answered, that they have no intention of taking over the KSA because it would be a bother.

All the KSA people are taken aback by this comment. But Franky goes on to explain that if he had wanted to he could just have let them all die and replace them with his people. The head of the KSA, stunned by both the ease at which Frankenstein saved them and could destroy them, can't help but ask "Just who... are you?" Frankenstein gives his usual reply of "I am chairman of Yeran highschool" and gets the usual response.

Back in the present, Franky asks what the nobles response is going to be to the knowledge that the Union is colluding with a traitor. Seira tells him that there has been no reply yet. Frankenstein inwardly considers that this will be no easy situation for Lukedonia who have more than enough cause to start taking action.

Just then Shin Woo and the gang burst in to drag Raizel off to some net cafe they haven't been to in a while. Raizel gets up and Follows Shin Woo's lead as do Regis and Seira abruptly ending the meeting.

Elsewhere, Roctis and the ancient looking man known as the 9th Elder discuss what happened to the 12th. Roctis is noticeably concerned by the idea that a clan leader could have killed the 12th because it would mean his contract would have been almost certainly have been recognized. The 9th understands the threat and decides to go investigate the situation around the 12th's death personally. Roctis agrees and leaves the situation in his care.

Meanwhile at an unknown facility we see a person breaking out of secure location. He fights 3 super-humans and is shot several times in the back as he makes his escape but he forces his way out into a city and it's revealed he's actually M-21's old friend and protege M-24.

Chapter Review

Putting it that way seems a little rude but....me neither.

Substance

This chapter was a mostly stage setting. With a pretty direct recap on the situation post-12th Elder death.

The KSA people seem to understand that they are little fish in a big pond and Yeran highschool is home to some "sharks". No doubt, they are looking back on how they handled attempting to recruit people out that school and having a collective heart attack at the idea of who they almost picked a fight with.

Roctis is showing that he's no fool in being worried about what happened the the 12th Elder; but his worst fears are already realized. Union's 9th Elder seems to be far more capable than the 12th but he is walking into a real mess. I'm assuming he'll be far more cautious than his predecessor, and will not go bumbling into the freakin' Noblesse, but it doesn't seem like he will have to look very far to find trouble; and that's without Lukedonia making it's presence known(which I think is highly likely)

Finally we get to M-24's revival; M-21's apparently NOT dead friend. I'm not to thrilled about this to be honest. It's not that I don't like him it's just that I'm not big on the whole back from the dead thing. So for me to get on-board for this development it's really going to have prove itself.

Presentation

The art was below average this time around. Shin Woo entering and exiting the door looked particularly bad. This contrasted with some better art later in the chapter; like M-24 or the 9th Elder's part. Overall, I think this chapter was fairly weak art-wise.

The chapter spent a lot of time getting all the big events "up to date", which didn't leave room for much else. This is a kind of necessary evil after a reminisce sub-story like we just had. Toward the end it began to lay the groundwork for some new story threads; specifically M-24 on the run, the 9th Elders investigation, and possibly Lukedonia taking action but I think the main focus this week was just dotting "i's" and crossing "t's".

Final Rating

Much of this chapter was devoted to reconnecting the audience with events that they may have become disconnected from during the "Frankenstein Reminisce" and set the stage for the coming arc. It wasn't bad by any means, and it did it's job as a part of a larger story, but the chapter by itself seemed pretty forgettable and the art didn't help with that.

I give it a 2 out of 5

My Prediction
    • I expect at least one more high ranking noble from Lukedonia to show up in South Korea soon, possibly more than one.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 17-18)

Nothing proven or disproven.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What do you think the Nobles response to Roctis working with the Union will be?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 244 Review

Quote Quote:
    No doubt, they are looking back on how they handled attempting to recruit people out that school and having a collective heart attack at the idea of who they almost picked a fight with.
    Well said. Chapter perhaps 3 of 5 ??? I would have given a 4 before the review. Art is shit, Knew artist using crappy blur effects on trees. Kind of dig the rough hand drawn lines of the characters. But only as a temporary evolution of the characters. ~ Definitely didn't like that the revived person is M-24. His only redeeming quality was his loyalty to his fellow test subjects.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 244 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Roctis is showing that he's no fool in being worried about what happened the the 12th Elder; but his worst fears are already realized. Union's 9th Elder seems to be far more capable than the 12th but he is walking into a real mess. I'm assuming he'll be far more cautious than his predecessor, and will not go bumbling into the freakin' Noblesse, but it doesn't seem like he will have to look very far to find trouble; and that's without Lukedonia making it's presence known(which I think is highly likely)
    They don't know yet. I think, just a hunch though, that although they take the bait that a noble was the responsible person for 12th Elder's death, they didn't think it would be the Noblesse himself. I believe that 9th Elder will be more careful, but I still think he would not think of having to fight a group of modified humans, a devil, and the noble of the nobles. XD

Finally we get to M-24's revival; M-21's apparently NOT dead friend. I'm not to thrilled about this to be honest. It's not that I don't like him it's just that I'm not big on the whole back from the dead thing. So for me to get on-board for this development it's really going to have prove itself.
    Everyone can see my vote above. I chose that since I believe resurrection or leaving someone who should be dead to stay alive is never a good idea. I'm afraid something is not right with this M-24. I hope it's not that he'll turn into mad crazy destruction machine. >_<

Investigation. A deeper one. I think they are quite lazy to move themselves from their sweet Lukedonia. I'm worried we may not see them fast enough before something more grand happened. Hopefully Raskreia will act better than that.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 245 Review

well I dont see the nobles taking any kind of rushed measure against the union, even if they have complete sure that Roctis is a elder.
    But otherwise I don't get pleasured by the idea of another elder come to korea to check things, it seems like that the whole manhwa is just a collection of "bosses" coming one after another to fight our heroes, and that dont hold much of a plot twist of something that could take the story to a more interesting point.
    but of course that is only my humble opinion ^^

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    well I dont see the nobles taking any kind of rushed measure against the union, even if they have complete sure that Roctis is a elder.
    But otherwise I don't get pleasured by the idea of another elder come to korea to check things, it seems like that the whole manhwa is just a collection of "bosses" coming one after another to fight our heroes, and that dont hold much of a plot twist of something that could take the story to a more interesting point.
    but of course that is only my humble opinion ^^
    I can see where you're coming from. This Noblesse story has always been about the nobles versus humans of the Union, with some "spices" in between. I don't mind to have a rain of elders coming to attack. What I dislike from this kind of plot is how it seems like these elders are too easily beaten, and as you said don't add much to the plot itself but a series of battle scenes. Besides Crombel, all other elders seem not significant.

Still, the humor and curiosity keep me here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I can see where you're coming from. This Noblesse story has always been about the nobles versus humans of the Union, with some "spices" in between. I don't mind to have a rain of elders coming to attack. What I dislike from this kind of plot is how it seems like these elders are too easily beaten, and as you said don't add much to the plot itself but a series of battle scenes. Besides Crombel, all other elders seem not significant.

Still, the humor and curiosity keep me here.
    I have some suspicions about how Noblesse is going to turn that around.

I'm starting to think, long term, it's the Nobles who are far outgunned. This 9th Elder for example is far above the 12th and is apparently more advanced in his human modification(considering the 12th elder was his work) than Crombell (who was after Cerberus samples, presumably to improve his own work).

Dark Spear was created by humans. So what's to stop them from refining the process and creating another...and another...and another?

Think about the implications of that.....

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. That is only applicable after we found out that Dark Spear is actually crafted by humans, though. Also, I feel that the antagonists so far, even 12th Elder, are only used to bring us deeper into the Union: towards Crombel as the "human" side and those crazy nobles who turned their back from their friends. Look at how now we imagine things just from few small details. Back then, it wasn't as interesting as it is now. <3

However, the implications, indeed...

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well honestly I'm split between *sigh* & "I Like It" concerning M-24's revival because I do believe that he's THE Key to trigger M-21's Inner Power...those guys pursuing him btw looked like KSA's men...

Quote Quote:
    Thread Question of the Week
    To sit & Watch,as long as any incident is'nt occuring within Lukedonia the noble will not step in,besides Rai is the Nobles's official Policeman so as far as taking significant action(like taking care of the 12th Elder)it's clearly the job of Rai and his fellows(with Franky in the role of the bad cop lol)

Quote Quote:
    I'm afraid something is not right with this M-24.
    Amnesia maybe...
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    Well honestly I'm split between *sigh* & "I Like It" concerning M-24's revival because I do believe that he's THE Key to trigger M-21's Inner Power...those guys pursuing him btw looked like KSA's men...
    Yeah, I thought that too but....it can't be...

I'd love it if the KSA had a "dark side", but that just has to be Union or Crombell facility. Still it would be awesome if it wasn't....

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    To sit & Watch,as long as any incident is'nt occuring within Lukedonia the noble will not step in,besides Rai is the Nobles's official Policeman so as far as taking significant action(like taking care of the 12th Elder)it's clearly the job of Rai and his fellows(with Franky in the role of the bad cop lol)
    There is 2 scenarios in which the Nobles will involve themselves in events outside of Lukedonia, as we learned in the recent Flashback. When the power of nobles is involved and when events go beyond that which humans can deal with on their own, as happened with the mutants.

I'd say the Union qualifies as both now.

New Reply