Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What is the better option?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue where Claymore anime stooped.

1 11.11%
  • Do completely new Claymore OVA.

8 88.89%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Claymore OVA?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore OVA?

The idea came to me after seeing "Hellsing", it's a good example what might happen to Claymore when it comes to anime adaption.

First "Hellsing" anime was released when the manga was not yet finished ( like Claymore ) and while the "Claymore" anime followed manga "Hellsing" anime was very different from the manga by the time it was finished, overall more than half of episodes didn't match the story line of the manga. Than, years after manga was finally finished the project "Hellsing Ultimate OVA" was started, 10 episode OVA based on "Hellsing" witch follows the story to the core now that the main story is finished. And they did it pretty damn well.

So I was wondering, can same thing happened to Claymore after Yagi finally finished the story? To me it would be better to do the whole story from the beginning when the manga ends one day than to think some new excuse to continue where the episode 26 of the anime stooped.

So what are your opinions on this?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore OVA?

I think they should do a claymore OVA that follows the end of the Anime. But they could also redo it a make one that follows the manga. Like they did with Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. One followed the manga and the other one was it's own story. The were both great stories but had many similarities and differences. So if they did both I think it would be great. They could even use some of the same voice actors ("some" as in different voice for Raki and make him not so whiny).
    Last edited by Claymore1; August 15, 2012 at 09:38 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I think they should do a claymore OVA that follows the end of the Anime. But they could also redo it a make one that follows the manga. Like they did with Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. One followed the manga and the other one was it's own story. The were both great stories but had many similarities and differences. So if they did both I think it would be great. They could even use some of the same voice actors ("some" as in different voice for Raki and make him not so whiny).
    well raki's voice actor would change after the 7 year gap so it would not be so bad
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt mind seeing OVA's of Claymore. It would be awesome. I think they should make them start from where the Anime drifted off. So that it would start where Rigaldo apeared and all of the Awakeed stayed instead of leaving. ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

They already made a Claymore OVA, it's episodes 25 and 26
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see an OVA, maybe as starting point for season 2...But it's probably not going to happen

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

an OVA or a second season for that matter is up to how popular and in demand it is in Japan...if they want it there it will happen....and when claymore is all done then i think they might do what FMA did and make a different series. or they can just start season 2 at Rigaldos attack and just fix the other mess ups with flashbacks
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

We can always kidnap an animation studio and force them to do it using the feather torture
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

What this manga needs is a new anime. I think it would be good for everyone and would revitalize this great title and possibly motivate Yagi to think a bit more about his creation. Because now it looks like he's bored with it himself. But either OVA's would be needed or a complete remake.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a CM anime relaunch, but despite the popularity of the manga and the anime being way decent till the botched end, I understand the first anime series didn't fare too well in Nihon.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Yagi is bringing the manga to its end as well, lets not be delusional lol.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I'd like to see a CM anime relaunch, but despite the popularity of the manga and the anime being way decent till the botched end, I understand the first anime series didn't fare too well in Nihon.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Yagi is bringing the manga to its end as well, lets not be delusional lol.
    i think its fair to say that once the manga is over they will consider making a season 2...or the more likely option is to do a reboot like they did with Full metal Alchemist

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i think its fair to say that once the manga is over they will consider making a season 2...or the more likely option is to do a reboot like they did with Full metal Alchemist
    Why if season one flopped?

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    Why if season one flopped?
    Actually season one was quite decent, and anime didn't fare well because it was played late at night when most of people were sleeping ( it was around 2AM if I remember correctly ). Everything was great except the last 2 episodes, those really killed the series.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Actually season one was quite decent, and anime didn't fare well because it was played late at night when most of people were sleeping ( it was around 2AM if I remember correctly ). Everything was great except the last 2 episodes, those really killed the series.
    Yea I love the anime too but you're forgetting something - anime in Japan is screened at around midnight and people set their recording devices to record the series, so they can marathon it later, that's why anime is in such short (by our standards) 25 minute episodes, people aren't supposed to stay up till midnight to watch it. The broadcast time in that slot can't explain any anime being a flop when others are more successful.

I guess a successful and popular manga doesn't always translate into a successful and popular anime. Claymore has a large fanbase, and a bit of licensed merchandise including a DS game and an artbook, but people still didn't watch a faithful anime adaptation.

Any ideas?

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

We need OVA done like Fate/Zero or Helsing Ultimate - lot and lot of good animation.
    But I suppose that they are waiting for Manga to end before they start making one.

-Emperor of Mankind.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast