Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If Obito survived, what would've changed?

It is pretty much known now that Tobi's eye is Obito's, and let's say that Obito survived the rock incident and made it out alive with both his eyes, what changes would provoke to the storyline?

The keypoint would be the Uchiha massacre imho:
    could a 13 years old Itachi kill someone who would have not only Tobi's powers, but also probably Kakashi's Kamui?
    I doubt it.
    Who knows, he could've tried to convince the Uchiha's council not to wager war on Konoha.
    Or maybe he would've been sent out of the village by Danzou, I honestly don't see Obito recruited by ROOT, expecially with Kakashi alongside him.

An alive Obito would mean that Sasuke wouldn't be alone, that anyone would've thought twice to attack Konoha since an adult Obito would've mastered both his eyes and likely be famous for it.

Most likely Tobi wouldn't be half as dangerous, and would either deploy the whole Akatsuki against the villages sooner than canon, or simply bide his time in the shadows.

It would be interesting to see Obito, and not Kakashi, as the team 7 sensei as he, way more than Kakashi, would understand both Sasuke and Naruto and try to promote teamwork very much like Yondaime did.
    I honestly can see both Sasuke and Naruto be nicer to each other after a pep talk with a caring sensei, you know someone who takes his time to sit with his warden and explain just how both of them had a fucked-up childhood and that, instead of antagonizing each other, it would be best to just be friendly rivals.
    Sasuke would undoubtly be more understanding since an Uchiha like him would've said it, and Naruto too would, expecially if Obito would've said to him that he was the Naruto of his group.

I would totally dig Obito and Gai interactions at Kakashi's expenses

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

Obito is no Itachi, therefore i doubt he would have developed his Sharingan as far as Tobi did during the massacre.

True, Obito would have been the best teacher for team 7. But i simply do not see him being as threatening as Tobi or Kakashi. He would be strong and probably have the fundamentals of his abilities down, but i do not think he would have awoken the MS so soon.

Though, if Obito was smart and a prodigy, a team of Itachi, Shishui and Obito would be an extreme overkill.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Obito would be able to use it as masterfully as Tobi

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Obito is no Itachi, therefore i doubt he would have developed his Sharingan as far as Tobi did during the massacre.

True, Obito would have been the best teacher for team 7. But i simply do not see him being as threatening as Tobi or Kakashi. He would be strong and probably have the fundamentals of his abilities down, but i do not think he would have awoken the MS so soon.

Though, if Obito was smart and a prodigy, a team of Itachi, Shishui and Obito would be an extreme overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I agree on both, but let's not forget that the Uchiha massacre happened around 8-9 years after the Kannabi Bridge battle, meaning that Obito would be around 21-22 years of age.
    An anomaly like Itachi awakened the MS at 13, and to awaken it you require a MS and a strong emotional stress, that stress, for Obito, could be the near death experience he faced during that same battle.
    Just like Shisui and Madara/Izuna showed, to awaken a Mangekyo doesn't require the death of the best friend, since the three of them acquired if without that peculiar requirement.

Of course he's no Itachi or Tobi, but even if he awakened only Kamui, or Tobi's ability, he would be extremely annoying to face

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

True, Obito could possibly have awakened MS pretty early in his life, but I just don't think that he as a ninja would be as skillful as Tobi with it. I mean Tobi is skilled in many things including the Sharingan.
    Unless of course Obito would have turned out to be some sort of Itachi-prodigy, which is less likely, since Itachi was at that age already in Anbu if I remember correct

Come to think of it, perhaps Tobi's use of Sharingans is boosted by his Senju DNA? Like his continued use of the Kamui-like jutsu

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I thought of the same thing yesterday, only that I thought of Kakashi's friendship with Gai. It seems as though they met after Obito's death, which means that Gai probably filled Obito's spot. Gai probably annoyed the heck out of Kakashi, but since he did not seem to have anyone else, he appreciated Gai's passionate approaches.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a long line of predicting. I'd say it all goes down to the point weather the Uchiha massacre happens or not and i do not see a reasonable reason why it shouldn't just because Obito survies. Ok - he may get an influential role in the clan and might've been on Itachis/Shishuis side. But what would his role be then?
    With Shishui beeing dead, Obito could've taken part in the incident or not. Or the hole incident is avoided in the first place. Whatever the case, the hole Naruto/Sasuke relationship will only change if you take the massacre away. Obito as a sensei might have some affect, but Kakashi tried his best as well.
    Also I think its very difficult to predict Obitos potential skills in that time. Kakashi e.g. wouldn't be so great at all actually... He'd probobly just be a fodder jounin, nothing REALLY special at all, despite being very talented. Obito did not show that much talent, he may be just someone to get going quite late and the activation of Sharingan may have helped him to advance fast, but I'm really not sure of that. He appeared to be quite lazy to me as well, maybe not willing to train THAT much. Well OFC - Tobi without Obitos abilities/sharingan would've probobly been killed by Minato or not able to break through the barrier at all etc. etc. Or he wouldn't have even attacked. In this case Naruto wouldn't be the Kyuubis host.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well I don't think they would call off the coup for Obito, they would simply send him away.
    Kakashi didn't exactly tried his best imho, there is a reason why he feels responsible after all.

He would be no Tobi, but no fodder either, I can see Obito as an elite Jounin, just like Kakashi.
    Remember that Asuma and Gai don't have Gekkei Kenkais, and are still pretty strong. Kakashi would find a way to improve in a similar fashion.

As for Tobi, obviously he would've concentrated on other powers his thousands of sharingan provided

True, Obito could possibly have awakened MS pretty early in his life, but I just don't think that he as a ninja would be as skillful as Tobi with it. I mean Tobi is skilled in many things including the Sharingan.
    Unless of course Obito would have turned out to be some sort of Itachi-prodigy, which is less likely, since Itachi was at that age already in Anbu if I remember correct

Come to think of it, perhaps Tobi's use of Sharingans is boosted by his Senju DNA? Like his continued use of the Kamui-like jutsu
    I agree on the whole "Tobi >>> Obito" as a ninja part, but phasing require reflexes and timing, and the sharingan is the perfect tool for it.
    And while Obito is no Itachi, he still would have the haxest pair of eyes this manga has seen.

Probably, and also probably the reason why he didn't go blind even though he used it for 16 years non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Funny, I thought of the same thing yesterday, only that I thought of Kakashi's friendship with Gai. It seems as though they met after Obito's death, which means that Gai probably filled Obito's spot. Gai probably annoyed the heck out of Kakashi, but since he did not seem to have anyone else, he appreciated Gai's passionate approaches.
    Great minds thinks alike.
    I think they would still have the same relationship, Kakashi is a genius regardless the Sharingan, and not because of it, so I would still see Gai trying to overtake him.
    Adding Obito to the mix would be glorious, I can totally imagine Gai and Obito as best buddies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito can clearly stop the uchiha's coup than shisui and itachi. Imagine, he will going to kidnap the entire uchiha to his dimension.

i doubt obito will just be a fodder jounin. The moment he awaken his sharingan, he already surpassed kakashi. And the fact that he was trained directly by yondaime hokage, then he was far from being a fodder when the time comes. We don't know how kakashi gain his MS, but maybe we can assume that obito can easily activate his MS.

But i'm still curious on obito's sharingan, if tobi can activate his S/T from obito's sharingan with just a normal sharingan, does he have the amaterasu when he gain the MS? and if tobi is already using the MS in his S/T jutsu, then where the hell is the amaterasu? It goes the same on kakashi, where the heck is the powerful genjutsu from the left eye of the MS? Does obito's MS is some sort of special? It seems to me that he doesn't have the amaterasu, a powerful genjutsu and the susanoo on his MS. All he have is the S/T and a kamui.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    But i'm still curious on obito's sharingan, if tobi can activate his S/T from obito's sharingan with just a normal sharingan, does he have the amaterasu when he gain the MS? and if tobi is already using the MS in his S/T jutsu, then where the hell is the amaterasu? It goes the same on kakashi, where the heck is the powerful genjutsu from the left eye of the MS? Does obito's MS is some sort of special? It seems to me that he doesn't have the amaterasu, a powerful genjutsu and the susanoo on his MS. All he have is the S/T and a kamui.
    I think this has already been said somewhere but it's probable each MS has different powers. I suppose only Itachi and Sasuke's MS can use amaterasu, and maybe their father. So yes you can say Obito's MS is special, as are all the others in some way. Shisui's eye also had its own powers, so yes Obito's eye doesn't have amaterasu, but it has kamui and Tobi's jutsu, while Sasuke's MS doesn't. As for Susanoo, I think every MS can use it, but Susanoo can only be used when you have mastered MS on both eyes, so obviously Kakashi can't use it, and neither can Tobi because he currently only has one sharingan, as his other eye has a rinnegan.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Obito would actually have the same powers as Tobi. Tobi, whoever may be, is probably an enhanced being with Hashirama's cells, we have seen how his cells can do with the Sharingan's powers (Kotoamatsukami cooldown for example), the fact that Tobi uses the " best " S/T technique, doesn't mean Obito would too, and also, Obito doesn't seem to be the smart type guy (although when he was serious, he seemed to be quite good), I don't think he's like Naruto nor is he like Kakashi/Minato, so I don't think he'd be able to use S/T jutsu skillfully

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If obito was alive then the uchiha massacre won't happen at all. Him being alive mean Tobi won't have the tool to fight minato therefore the dude is not going to risk dying trying to get the kyuubi so the kyuubi event won't happen and the uchiha have no excuse to start a coup and with two hokage alive and kicking I doubt they would even thought of the coup so has obito live we won't have story at all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kasser's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Obito would've mastered both his eyes and likely be famous for it.
    It is not about how powerful your sharingans is as it is about who is using them. Kakashi isn't even nearly as dangerous with space-time jutsu as Tobi is. I guess in the sharingan matters, it is more about knowledge than potential.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post

It isn't the potency of the sharingan that matters, it is how it is used. Obito displayed pure WoF, and he would have undoubtly become fearsome like Kakashi, or any senju ninja seen so far. It is unfair to judge Obito based on his only documented mission[to us at least].

It isn't even clear that Obito died from that crash, if he could use a primitive form of Tobi's power.
    These two posts state such a thing:
    Post 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bean
    Well, either way, if the eye tobi has is obito's (or being obito himself) the ability was being used about a year after obito got pinned under the rock. I don't think, especially now that the manga has gotten ridiculous with the limits of the characters and the narutoverse, that it's that far fetched to believe he got the ability the same day he got the sharingan. I'm pretty sure sasuke was using MS jutsus pretty much when he got his MS, right? Both him and sasuke took advantage of the passive abilities of the sharingan seconds after they got them. Going back to the events of the gaiden, obito sacrificed himself to save kakashi and rin, and gave up his life. He essentially lost two good friends. What's the requirement of getting the MS? It's kind of a reversal of the requirement but the emotion felt would be the same, no? I think it's very well possible that he got the MS when the hole caved in and he was alone, and I think it's just as likely that his body reacted to protect itself by using the technique without obito having to do anything.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If Obito were to live. Everything would change. Kushina and Minato would still be alive and the uchiha massacre would most likely not have happend. And ill tell you why I think that. Tobi without Obito's sharingan would not go to Konoha to extract Kurama. Yes he knows the technique to extract Kurama but without the sharingan to control it his plan would fail. Kurama would kill him on the spot.
    The Kurama attack on konoha was the catalyst for the coup. After the attack Konoha leaders began to suspect the uchiha were behind the attack. And pushed them into a corner of the village to be kept under constant surveillance. They didn't like that and started planning the coup.

So with Obito being alive Naruto and Sasuke would not have the tragic past they now have.

This would also affect Akatsuki in a whole different way. Itachi would not be in Akatsuki for obvious reasons. He didn't have to kill his clan. Kisame would not be in Akatsuki. Tobi got to meet Kisame when he was in control of Kirigakure by using the sharingan on Yagura. But since Tobi doesn't have it he isn't going to Kirigakure. Orochimaru would still be in Akatsuki. He left when he failed to take possession of Itachi. Deidara might not be in akatsuki. He got invited when orochimaru left to take over his place in the team with Sasori. Deidara refused to join untill Itachi defeated him. But Nagato can defeat him just the same.

There would most likely be a lot more changes. but these are the first things that i thought of.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast