Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    If Obito were to live. Everything would change. Kushina and Minato would still be alive and the uchiha massacre would most likely not have happend. And ill tell you why I think that. Tobi without Obito's sharingan would not go to Konoha to extract Kurama. Yes he knows the technique to extract Kurama but without the sharingan to control it his plan would fail. Kurama would kill him on the spot.
    The Kurama attack on konoha was the catalyst for the coup. After the attack Konoha leaders began to suspect the uchiha were behind the attack. And pushed them into a corner of the village to be kept under constant surveillance. They didn't like that and started planning the coup.

    So with Obito being alive Naruto and Sasuke would not have the tragic past they now have.

    This would also affect Akatsuki in a whole different way. Itachi would not be in Akatsuki for obvious reasons. He didn't have to kill his clan. Kisame would not be in Akatsuki. Tobi got to meet Kisame when he was in control of Kirigakure by using the sharingan on Yagura. But since Tobi doesn't have it he isn't going to Kirigakure. Orochimaru would still be in Akatsuki. He left when he failed to take possession of Itachi. Deidara might not be in akatsuki. He got invited when orochimaru left to take over his place in the team with Sasori. Deidara refused to join untill Itachi defeated him. But Nagato can defeat him just the same.

    There would most likely be a lot more changes. but these are the first things that i thought of.
    Why? There is no evidence supporting that.
    You post that as if Obito is the only Uchiha to die.
    Had Obito lived, Minato would have died either way. Tobi wouldn't waste Naruto's birth, and it will play out like it.

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Why? if read below the bolded part you can read why i think so. Or is something in it unclear?
    But I see where you're coming from. And understand that this is all hypothetical. There is no supporting evidence because its made up. Obito did die so we will never truly know what happend if he lived.
    What I want to know from you is how does Tobi intent to control Kurama without the sharingan? And if you agree he cant why would he release him?

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Obito might have joined akatsuki and spy for konoha , he could have warped away uchiha shisui's eyes and protecting them and use them when necessary like against orochimaru or tobi , he could have formed a new uchiha sanin team which consist of himself , itachi and shisui, he could have been the taijutsu expert while itachi was the ninjutsu and shisui , the genjutsu expert in the team ... he could have been the best prankster to ever live ... just imagine warping kakashi while he is sleeping and he finds himself in the middle of nowhere , or he could have been the biggest pervert , slipping through the girls bath house xD and maybe rin could still have been alive

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    Why? if read below the bolded part you can read why i think so. Or is something in it unclear?
    But I see where you're coming from. And understand that this is all hypothetical. There is no supporting evidence because its made up. Obito did die so we will never truly know what happend if he lived.
    What I want to know from you is how does Tobi intent to control Kurama without the sharingan? And if you agree he cant why would he release him?
    I read your post, and i haven't seen anything convincing towards Minato surviving if Obito does. Minato's death is not connected to obito, and expecting minato to survive just off that is baseless-speculation.

    Tobi has shown an extensive knowledge into jutsus, events, and people. After all, he did confess to having many "doors are open to him" [1]
    If Obito's eyes are not available, then I am sure Tobi will find another way, or another dead Uchiha in the battlefield.

    Like I said, Minato's death is not connected to Obito's. Tobi wouldn't have wasted the chance to unleash the Kyuubi and blame the Uchiha.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    Obito might have joined akatsuki and spy for konoha , he could have warped away uchiha shisui's eyes and protecting them and use them when necessary like against orochimaru or tobi , he could have formed a new uchiha sanin team which consist of himself , itachi and shisui, he could have been the taijutsu expert while itachi was the ninjutsu and shisui , the genjutsu expert in the team ... he could have been the best prankster to ever live ... just imagine warping kakashi while he is sleeping and he finds himself in the middle of nowhere , or he could have been the biggest pervert , slipping through the girls bath house xD and maybe rin could still have been alive
    i think the main problem here is whether or not obito would have unlocked MS

    at the start of the series, in the entire history of the uchiha clan, only 3 people unlocked it, madara, izuna and itachi

    i highly doubt obito would have unlocked his MS, so his survival would not have directly changed anything from his interference

    Also, obito would probably have died in the uchiha massacre. itachi was good enough to kil even the veteran ninjas.

    The mian influence would probably come from the fact that tobi wouldn't get his eye.

    It's arguable though, because if tobi was so powerful, he probably could just kill obito in an instant with his other sharingans and their MS skills and take his eye. this must then be balanced against the fact that tobi might not even know what obito's eye does so he might not even go after him in the first place.

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i think the main problem here is whether or not obito would have unlocked MS

    at the start of the series, in the entire history of the uchiha clan, only 3 people unlocked it, madara, izuna and itachi

    i highly doubt obito would have unlocked his MS, so his survival would not have directly changed anything from his interference

    Also, obito would probably have died in the uchiha massacre. itachi was good enough to kil even the veteran ninjas.

    The mian influence would probably come from the fact that tobi wouldn't get his eye.

    It's arguable though, because if tobi was so powerful, he probably could just kill obito in an instant with his other sharingans and their MS skills and take his eye. this must then be balanced against the fact that tobi might not even know what obito's eye does so he might not even go after him in the first place.
    well ... i did say might lol

  7. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i think the main problem here is whether or not obito would have unlocked MS

    at the start of the series, in the entire history of the uchiha clan, only 3 people unlocked it, madara, izuna and itachi

    i highly doubt obito would have unlocked his MS, so his survival would not have directly changed anything from his interference

    Also, obito would probably have died in the uchiha massacre. itachi was good enough to kil even the veteran ninjas.

    The mian influence would probably come from the fact that tobi wouldn't get his eye.

    It's arguable though, because if tobi was so powerful, he probably could just kill obito in an instant with his other sharingans and their MS skills and take his eye. this must then be balanced against the fact that tobi might not even know what obito's eye does so he might not even go after him in the first place.
    Obito was listed during Uchiha massacre as KIA by Konoha. If Tobi is Obito, Itachi would´ve never known. As for MS, I never bought that you have to kill your friend story. Kakashi who is not even Uchiha obtained MS in time when all his friends were already dead.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i think the main problem here is whether or not obito would have unlocked MS

    at the start of the series, in the entire history of the uchiha clan, only 3 people unlocked it, madara, izuna and itachi

    i highly doubt obito would have unlocked his MS, so his survival would not have directly changed anything from his interference

    Also, obito would probably have died in the uchiha massacre. itachi was good enough to kil even the veteran ninjas.

    The mian influence would probably come from the fact that tobi wouldn't get his eye.

    It's arguable though, because if tobi was so powerful, he probably could just kill obito in an instant with his other sharingans and their MS skills and take his eye. this must then be balanced against the fact that tobi might not even know what obito's eye does so he might not even go after him in the first place.
    You forgot about shisui.

    The thing is, obito's sharingan has the potential to gain the MS. That's maybe the reason why kakashi doesn't have any problem gaining the MS with obito's sharingan.

  10. #24
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Kakashi would have less regrets, but Obito would probably be dead, and Kakashi wouldn't have the Sharingan. He has shown nothing special that would make him strong with Sharingan.

  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Hugenstein View Post
    I read your post, and i haven't seen anything convincing towards Minato surviving if Obito does. Minato's death is not connected to obito, and expecting minato to survive just off that is baseless-speculation.

    Tobi has shown an extensive knowledge into jutsus, events, and people. After all, he did confess to having many "doors are open to him" [1]
    If Obito's eyes are not available, then I am sure Tobi will find another way, or another dead Uchiha in the battlefield.

    Like I said, Minato's death is not connected to Obito's. Tobi wouldn't have wasted the chance to unleash the Kyuubi and blame the Uchiha.
    Minato might have pawned Tobi for good and there would no reason for him to seal Kyuubi into Naruto ... Hell Minato could have it if Kishi wasn't doing his plothole thing anyway ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  12. #26
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    tobi is not obito,that's sure.in fact, he fought minato some years later claiming he had been waiting so long for kushina's pregnancy.also,his face is identical to the one kisame recognized as madara. I doubt obito could control someone like the 4th mizukage yagura. yet,even if he had survived,that'd be meaningless...

  13. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    tobi is not obito,that's sure.in fact, he fought minato some years later claiming he had been waiting so long for kushina's pregnancy.also,his face is identical to the one kisame recognized as madara. I doubt obito could control someone like the 4th mizukage yagura. yet,even if he had survived,that'd be meaningless...
    he is not it's already been refuted ... it's impossible ... doesn't fit timeline ... unless Obito plotted this when he was 5 or so ... seriously doubt that ... and even that is debatable regarding the timline
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    he is not it's already been refuted ... it's impossible ... doesn't fit timeline ... unless Obito plotted this when he was 5 or so ... seriously doubt that ... and even that is debatable regarding the timline
    still haven't changed your sig yet?

    haven't you checked with your japanese friend?

    If tobi isn't physically obito, use of obito's eyes would be in EMS state, there would be no degradation

  15. #29
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    i've read a lot of people saying obito would have turned out less talented than itachi/sasuke/shisui/etc because he was but an average shinobi at the time of his death...let's not forget that naruto also was at the very bottom of his class,now look at the guy.
    now,putting in perspective of the way kakashi and gai competes...and kakashi plays along...i would have to say that he would not have passed the chance to spar alot with his fellow team mate(an uchiha at that).
    so, i imagine if obito were to live...him and kakashi would have driven each other to be strong.

    but,let's take into account that rin was the driving force to awaken his sharingan...so the rin kidnapping would have to happen...
    otherwise,he may have stayed a slouch for a good little while.....



    "While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."


  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Hugenstein View Post
    I read your post, and i haven't seen anything convincing towards Minato surviving if Obito does. Minato's death is not connected to obito, and expecting minato to survive just off that is baseless-speculation.

    Tobi has shown an extensive knowledge into jutsus, events, and people. After all, he did confess to having many "doors are open to him" [1]
    If Obito's eyes are not available, then I am sure Tobi will find another way, or another dead Uchiha in the battlefield.

    Like I said, Minato's death is not connected to Obito's. Tobi wouldn't have wasted the chance to unleash the Kyuubi and blame the Uchiha.
    Dude it's related without that sharigan how the hell is he going to get pass the barrier undetected and how is he going to run away from minato to fast enough to unseal the nine tail? How is he going to combat minato's s/t? Obito eye is the very reason that allow him to set up the event at a point where minato is force to die but with out the eye Tobi wouldn't even dare to touch kushina

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts