Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i've read a lot of people saying obito would have turned out less talented than itachi/sasuke/shisui/etc because he was but an average shinobi at the time of his death...let's not forget that naruto also was at the very bottom of his class,now look at the guy.
    now,putting in perspective of the way kakashi and gai competes...and kakashi plays along...i would have to say that he would not have passed the chance to spar alot with his fellow team mate(an uchiha at that).
    so, i imagine if obito were to live...him and kakashi would have driven each other to be strong.

    but,let's take into account that rin was the driving force to awaken his sharingan...so the rin kidnapping would have to happen...
    otherwise,he may have stayed a slouch for a good little while.....
    ^ True that, talent became meaningless in part 2, its all about power.
    And Obito would need only to awaken his MS to obtain both jutsus, an high possibility since the Mangekyo awakens through great fonts of stress and narrowly avoiding death like that would really count as that.
    With time he would be able to do it, I'm sure.

    As for Tobi, obviously Kishi would've made up another power for him, or simply regain his Rin'negan.
    He would still effortlessy dispatch the ANBU and would take the password from them, thus repeating the story once again.
    As for the fight, it could still go in a similar way, Tobi negating Hiraishin with, say, Shinra Tensei, Yondaime figuring it out and hitting him with Hiraishin lv 2.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    ^ True that, talent became meaningless in part 2, its all about power.
    And Obito would need only to awaken his MS to obtain both jutsus, an high possibility since the Mangekyo awakens through great fonts of stress and narrowly avoiding death like that would really count as that.
    With time he would be able to do it, I'm sure.

    As for Tobi, obviously Kishi would've made up another power for him, or simply regain his Rin'negan.
    He would still effortlessy dispatch the ANBU and would take the password from them, thus repeating the story once again.
    As for the fight, it could still go in a similar way, Tobi negating Hiraishin with, say, Shinra Tensei, Yondaime figuring it out and hitting him with Hiraishin lv 2.
    i just can't get over people also think kakashi would be fodder without sharingan...did he not have raikiri before he obtained a sharingan?
    it's kinda ridiculous to think that...because with his intelligence he would have figured a way to use it more proficient(without sharingan...just not as fast)


    i also think that as much as obito trusted minato...he would have relayed any intel he had on the clan(if it meant minato would be hurt).plus,let's not forget that he may have very well sided with itachi n shisui...wow.



    "While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."


  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #33
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Raikiri and chidori both need Sharingan in order to be effective, since tunnel vision makes it hard for Kakashi or Sasuke to see the enemy's counter. Without Sharingan, chidori would have still remained incomplete.

    But I don't think Kakashi would have been fodder. He was already known as a genius before his Sharingan and became a jounin. All Sharingan did was increase his prowess. Hell, Zabuza or Kakashi said that Kakashi never whipped out his Sharingan early, and that Zabuza is one of the very few people who lived to see the Sharingan second time.

  6. #34
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i just can't get over people also think kakashi would be fodder without sharingan...did he not have raikiri before he obtained a sharingan?
    it's kinda ridiculous to think that...because with his intelligence he would have figured a way to use it more proficient(without sharingan...just not as fast)


    i also think that as much as obito trusted minato...he would have relayed any intel he had on the clan(if it meant minato would be hurt).plus,let's not forget that he may have very well sided with itachi n shisui...wow.
    Exactly, Kakashi is an extreme proficent fighter regardless the Sharingan, he only uses it pretty much for Kamui nowadays, he would've mastered a good amount of ninjutsu regardless, and he would most probably master his already existing ones.
    Hell Sarutobi knew every jutsu in the Leaf, and he didn't have any fancy eyes.

    I don't think they would trust Obito with informations, Obito was a Naruto-wannabe, meaning the very embodiment of everything the Uchiha hated.
    Him being the pupil of Yondaime would alienate him even more.


    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Raikiri and chidori both need Sharingan in order to be effective, since tunnel vision makes it hard for Kakashi or Sasuke to see the enemy's counter. Without Sharingan, chidori would have still remained incomplete.

    But I don't think Kakashi would have been fodder. He was already known as a genius before his Sharingan and became a jounin. All Sharingan did was increase his prowess. Hell, Zabuza or Kakashi said that Kakashi never whipped out his Sharingan early, and that Zabuza is one of the very few people who lived to see the Sharingan second time.
    Good times, when special abilities only had 2-3 supplementary abilities tops, and using Gekkei Kenkais was said to tire the shinobi who used it

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #35
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Obito survived, what would've changed?

    Quote Quote:
    I don't think they would trust Obito with informations, Obito was a Naruto-wannabe, meaning the very embodiment of everything the Uchiha hated.
    Him being the pupil of Yondaime would alienate him even more.
    well if anything...he would have been the one to tell why the uchiha was missing on said night...and maybe have an idea who tobi was/is.

    it's kinda ironic...because if obito lived...shisui may not have been alone against danzo/clan/etc(with just itachi to rely on),and may have not had to commit suicide...also if he lived...who knows...he may have been shisui or itachi's sensei...kinda crazy(a little like jiraiya to minato to kakashi to naruto)...



    "While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."


New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts