Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will recieve the Revealed Devil Fruit

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zorro

1 2.13%
  • Sanji

2 4.26%
  • Nami

3 6.38%
  • Ussop

12 25.53%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Others

29 61.70%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    True, in the boat's normal form there wouldn't be any organs but for the ship to fire from a lizard's mouth it would have to transform into either its animal (or hybrid?) forms. Wouldn't there be organs in that case?

Also, wouldn't sunny regenerating undermine franky's role as shipwright? I mean, the ship would not technically need him for repairs anymore as the ship would simply regenerate. How would upgrades work in that case for that matter? If he removes something then the ship would grow it back. Would something new be added to the ship in the same way as something which was already a part of it? And being half lizard would ultimately ruin the sunny's theme as a lion and king of beasts. I do still question to what extent it would benefit to have a boat (which is in constant contact with water) as a DF user. Wouldn't it be kinda cruel? The boat will actually feel the effects of water at all times.
    smiley didn't care much when he shot parts of himself into the water. i don't think they feel any actual pain or discomfort, just numbness. it wouldn't matter if you're a boat would it

also, when i said fire from the resultant creature's mouth, i meant in hybrid mode, which is when it's not on water

when it's still in water the boat (in thousand sunny form) would still be sentient/listening to commands, so it could still move autonomously even in its entirely-sunny state

i think it's a pretty cool idea, really. i could just imagine the strawhats trying to get to befriend the ship when it's given life

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also the ship's coated right? that entirely removes the problem regarding exposure to water

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

regarding the upgrading issue

i think it functions like clothing

much like clothing are regarded as extensions to the user's body and gain similar properties to the user (clothes of ace, luffy, smoker, etc), any additions would be considered external articles that are extensions to the user's body. but if you took out a chunk of something that essentially makes the item, for example a chunk out of the adam tree spine of the ship, it would regenerate as part of the body itself. as for basic structural upgrades, i highly doubt that's an issue. franky made things to last.

to summarise, the only issue now is the ship has to be piloted and protected with manpower (more of a hindrance sometimes, wasting manpower), and it uses up limited resources like cola barrels.

imagine if it were a living creature and could control itself, take care of itself, never require replenishments like cola barrels and even follow them onto land.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

on second thought, it's PERFECT that the ship is coated

the axolotl is an underwater creature

in hybrid mode, the ship could become an autonomous submarine! the axolotl fruit is PERFECT for a coated ship

this started out as a random possibility (would-be-cool) theory, but now it's beginning to make sense why oda would introduce a fruit seemingly as battle-useless as this

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

the more i think about it, the more likely i think it is

Note how troublesome it is for franky to have to swim under the ship and remove the floater and squeeze in the air bubble everytime

with an axolotl fruit, it could stay in sunny mode, which has the floater, then transform into a hybrid mode on command which removes the floater as part of its body, instantly forming a submarine

i doubt frankky would pass up a chance like this. he likes automating stuff for efficiency

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The ship is not coated anymore. If it was then it wouldn't be floating, it'd actually be impossible for it to float at all. If we look at the pages when the strawhats reach the new world we can actually see that the boat is not longer coated. Not to mention that the axolotl wouldn't be able to swim within the coat. The coat is basically a bubble, how would he flip? Even if it is an underwater creature it plainly cannot swim as a fruit user. The bubble would make him sink so he would be a submarine needing the super buoyancy wood to float which can't flip properly because there is a bubble in the way. Keeping the coating at all times is rather difficult. They lost it once at fishmen island and they lost it when they arrived at the new world. To boot they could lose it at any time in a fight and it would limit their ability to actually fight if they have to prevent it from bursting. And I just can't stress enough the cruelty of keeping the boat in constant contact with water if it is going to make it not feel too well for every second it is in contact with it.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

most marine creatures sink. the axolotl sinks underwater. that's what its legs are for, to paddle around. when it stops moving, it sinks. this appliese to certain fish as well

secondly, sanji and zoro have had bubbles around them underwater, and they still moved fine underwater. i doubt a giant axolotl would have problems maneuvering underwater. the bubble just needs to keep its skin away from the water, and as far as we've seen the bubble wraps itself tightly around limbs that extend beyond the bubble's surface

thirdly, i don't think the coating is a once-off. there must be ways for them to get it again. whitebeard's troops were all ready to submerge without having to go to shabondy.

lastly, i'm not entirely sure they actually lost the bubble. look at the whitebeard war, where the moby dick emerged from the middle of the plaza. aside from the initial shininess, oda basically stopped drawing any indications of a coating being present after.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True but fruit users are actually unable to swim. Even if the boat wouldn't drown being underwater would mean he is literally unable to swim, as in incapable of moving his legs. It would be the same situation as vander decken. Physics might help this hypothetical sunny to stay afloat but it won't actually prevent any of the side effects of water.

Sanji actually had to leave his bubbles to use his techniques and we did see luffy awkwardly swimming while he was in a bubble fighting hodi. Even in optimistic scenarios the bubble is less than comfortable for maneuvering and does provide with a handful of limitations. In this case, the bubble wouldn't even allow the potential lizard sunny to return afloat.

I don't recall WB's troops being ready to submerge. They were ready to emerge at any point and even then it seemed like the coating was immediately off. In other words, the whole thing is plausible assuming they have a coating engineer to do the job every time they need it. Also, take a look at the sunny before they left for the new world. It had the coating on completely, it was by no means retracted somewhere. Wouldn't it have been more practical to keep it in whatever they would hypothetically store it and then put in back on? I don't think we have reason to believe they kept the coating at all.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

but Sunny is inanimate object and in weakened state it would still be a ship... wind/cola powered, man handled... second think to reconsider is what is actualy wakened state of inanimate object? can you get any weaker than being inanimate object? i think that oda/franky could come up with some "technical" solution in the end
    Sorry for my Engrish...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    but Sunny is inanimate object and in weakened state it would still be a ship... wind/cola powered, man handled... second think to reconsider is what is actualy wakened state of inanimate object? can you get any weaker than being inanimate object? i think that oda/franky could come up with some "technical" solution in the end
    But if the Sunny was transformed into an Axolotl, it wouldn't simply be transformed back. The DF isn't turned off, while the user becomes powerless being unable to control the DF power. The more water there is, the more the user becomes powerless.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

yes but in this case "sentience" is a power and not being able to use power is not being able to use "sentience" ..right? so it means it cant take animal form...
    its all to complicated and in the end we dont know mechanics behind giving DF powers to inanimate objects and with this post i even confused myself...!!
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    But if the Sunny was transformed into an Axolotl, it wouldn't simply be transformed back. The DF isn't turned off, while the user becomes powerless being unable to control the DF power. The more water there is, the more the user becomes powerless.
    this problem is resolved with coating. as long as the skin does not contact the water, the user is not affected at all

and i think it's safe to assume that the bubbles are not one-shot uses. like kkck said, at worst they could be stored and reapplied by a coating engineer. at best, they merely retract into the ship when it surfaces, and can be reused anytime (a one-off upgrade that permanently allows the ship to be a submarine)

it's not hard to imagine the sunny being sunny on the sea, then going hybrid to a self-swimming axolotl-ship hybrid on command to submerge, and going full axolotl or hybrid on land to help in fights or give land transport

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

actually, given that the sunny itself has a self-contained viewing gallery, i believe the bubble doesn't even need to extend beyond the axolotl's skin, even.

the strawhats could just group in the gallery in hybrid mode (some sort of cockpit) and the bubble would be all tight around the axolotl hybrid. there is no concern about useable volumes of air as with the monster trio (they're surface air breathers) , the axolotl just has to protrude its gills out of the bubble and everywhere else can be skin tight!

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

assuming the sunny is still coated, the axolotl might also be the only way the strawhats can travel through punk hazard given that it's now coated in poison

look at the den den mushi that was hidden in a bubble, it stayed safe.

strawhats sitting in the cockpit on the back of a giant lizard/lion hybrid (dragon/gryphon looking, even) safely going through a toxic wasteland, and the lion/lizard hybrid being able to fire the gaon cannon on command

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    this problem is resolved with coating. as long as the skin does not contact the water, the user is not affected at all
    No, it isn't. Coated ships can't float on water surface - which could be resolved by super-floating wood or a floating bag - but how is a coated ship able to maneuver? Or how should anyone work around the biggest problem: Outside of either Sabaody or Fishman Island - the bubble pops and is gone as shown by Whitebeard's ships.

And Luffy isn't the guy who's travelling all the New World subdued...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No, it isn't. Coated ships can't float on water surface - which could be resolved by super-floating wood or a floating bag - but how is a coated ship able to maneuver? Or how should anyone work around the biggest problem: Outside of either Sabaody or Fishman Island - the bubble pops and is gone as shown by Whitebeard's ships.

And Luffy isn't the guy who's travelling all the New World subdued...
    i highly doubt whitebeard went to shabondy just to get his ship coated before the war, and also there must be a way for the pirates in the new world to get back to the first half of the grand line

also, a coated ship would float using a floater. franky normally has to remove the floater manually by swimming under the ship. that's a huge inconvenience.

when it's in axolotl mode, the axolotl would swim by paddling.

real axolotls sink, like many species of fish do. they just have to swim when they want to get higher

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He probably didn't go to shanbody but I think it is pretty certain he would have coating engineers do the job. I would think there are a few ways to get a good coating there, it only makes sense.

Paddling is an issue when coated. There is the inconvenience of sinking and the bubble would limit how the lizard paddles. Luffy could barely move when he was using the bubble underwater and sanji even had to get out of his bubble to use his techniques. In the most optimistic case the lizard would just be able to awkwardly move underwater and even that would be limited by the floaters which would have to be there. I don't think there actually are any practical points to having a boat eat a fruit in the end. What would happen if the animal panics when attacked? Its a boat in the new world, you can't have your boat running amok when attacked or have it be at its weakest during sea combat.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ibi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have an idea that might work, From the end of the time skip I have been thinking, what happens when Usopp runs out of seeds, it isn't like his other bullets that he could make.
    So i thought that what if he uses the regenerating ability on his bag of seeds, or his slingshot directly, and it could work like leon in reborn, making new seeds as he progresses. So an unlimited supply of seeds, new seed abilities, plus a friend on Usopp's shoulder (which is going to look cool).

and that idea of climbing to higher advantageous positions using the power from one of the other comments, is a good idea as well
    Imagine trying to keep up with these two!!!!!!

hahhaa

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory about the use of Sara sara no mi is that this is requerid to be able to use Shinokuni as a mass murder weapon by its buyer:

Quote Quote:
    The chapter show that the gas cloud just drove away, and den den mushis can show the results simply by breaking the crust created by the gas over them… But how Ceasar planned to sell his weapon, if the cloud has driven away?

Given that brokers are attending and auction, the seller has to be able to give that weapon to the highest bidder. Ceasar has to be able to recreate shinokuni in some way. I think that it is for that reason that Ceasar has retrieved Axolotl DF. (Why to have those apples right there when Smiley ate that giant candy?) As we know, real Axolotls have regeneration powers. So it is possible that Axolotl DF has regeneration powers, and that those powers are connected with the possibility of recreate Shinokuni, and that this recreation makes possible to reuse it and to sell it. (So, it could be that this retrieving DF process is possible only with Sara Sara no mi DF.)

This could be the recreations process:

1. gathering and condensation of poison gas; (It would result in a slime).

2. feeding that resultant slime with Sara sara no mi DF;

3. feeding the smile DF user with special candy that releases the poison gas. In this step the buyer would have to be carefull about locating a fruit in order to retrieve Sara sara no mi, which is necessary to do step 2 again.)

4. Back to step 1.

Special recommendations for Shinokuni buyer: You would have to buy a CC’s special condensation machine to be able to do step 1 again. / You would have to be careful about locating carefully the weapon in the targeted region or island, given that Smiley uses to be a bit naughty. It will be better if you don't spend much time between steps 2 and 3. / You would have to arrange special facilities to be able to survive the poison gas in step 3. / Keep this weapon and all accessories out of reach of children.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

axolotls have underdeveloped legs so climbing for usopp is out of question i think that most benifits from this fruit would have luffy because axolotls regenerative could undo damage done by gear 2nd and maybe ivankovs hormones. axolotls are even known as universal transplant recivers, being able to accept even part of the brain and regenerate it. beside regenaration they have no notable abillities and beside luffy no one should have much benifits from it
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy should not even be considered as a candidate though. I don't think we should consider anyone outside of BB's crew as a potential receiver of several fruits.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast