Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will recieve the Revealed Devil Fruit

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zorro

1 2.13%
  • Sanji

2 4.26%
  • Nami

3 6.38%
  • Ussop

12 25.53%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Others

29 61.70%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

Thankyou Matzik for changing the Poll options

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

geheheh jimbe will find it on his journey chasing after luffy to join back up ;D
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

that devil fruit would suck!

it's salamander, there's no obvious battle advantage it can grant at all

i wouldn't touch it for th world

i think caesar will use it to bring a new batch of poison to life

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    But then the Book of the Devil Fruits would be rendered completely useless. It shows both pictures and a description of its powers as Sanji and Blackbeard were able to determine the fruit they wanted the most. (And Axolotls aren't poisonous - that's an urban legend which Oda picked up by having poisonous slime becoming an axolotl slime monster)

I actually expect pretty much that a DF appears out of nowhere in Nami's orange trees.
    oh that is such a good idea

brilliant

I agree that them sailing around with orange trees would give them an unexpected orange DF one day when an orange DF user dies nearby

if oda planned that from the very start... wow

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that image with ussop as a lizard was a tad interesting. Of course, as an actual axolotl the fruit would be useless as that actually is an underwater animal however if oda mixes it up between an axolotl and a salamander it could be interesting. The fruit would indeed add up to ussops mobility (being able to climb to tricky locations and take even more damage) and it would suit the animal ussop is inspired on. While the fruit itself would not add to ussop as a sniper the extra mobility and the ability to climb to better locations would actually help him as a sniper. While interesting, I don't think this will happen though.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

it could help zoro regenerate his eye though

if regeneration is a skill granted by this fruit, then it could be a fruit that's a slight inferior to the phoenix (slightly slower regen and no flight powers)

it could also just be standard lizard powers

it depends on what oda wants to grant this fruit

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to vote in this poll, but it seems nobody isn't an option.

Well don't think anyone will end up with Smiley's DF. I actually hope that it gets destroyed in the poison cloud and reconstitutes as a poison Axoltol.. or turns to cheese.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted others cause I believe Caesar planted the fruit there on purpose and can recreate Smiley as many times as he likes.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be funny if Usopp takes it for further analysis and then when they meet Vegapunk He makes his slingshot a salamander :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It would be funny if Usopp takes it for further analysis and then when they meet Vegapunk He makes his slingshot a salamander :O
    that wouldn't achieve anything though, except make usopp's shots exceptionally hard to line up

i wonder if sunny could benefit from it

as a boat, and commonly depicted by oda, more than half its surface is above the sea at all times anyway, so in boat form it shouldn't be affected by the seawater

then sunny could follow them onto land

franky's been missing since 1 chapter after the DF appeared right? that's a possibility

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the idea of sunny at any time getting a fruit is reasonable. It does not even get to being practical. Sunny getting a fruit has the implication that a fruit user will be in constant contact with water. While water does not seem to actually take away abilities it does at least weaken them to a degree. Constant contact with water would result in sunny being constantly weakened. He would be a boat which would be at full power only when outside of the water. I guess it would be fun to see sunny getting legs and working as land ride but having issues with water would still make it useless.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the dragon will eat it?

It already look like a pretty funny dragon, funny enough to possibly become a new pet for the strawhat.

It's Vegapunk's personal dragon, so he's more important than the first dragon we saw, and he loves meat and looks totally stupid, so I'm sure Luffy would like him : http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c675/16.html

Look how stupid he looks on the low-right panel, lol : http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c678/10.html

So, if he becomes a pet of the crew, it's possible he could be the one to eat that DF.

Plus, if you look again, you'll see that the DF Apple is inside the Sled that he was pulling:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c675/16.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c676/9.html

So, if it's his sled, he might return there.
    Although, I don't see why a carnivore dragon would eat an apple

I'm not sure how a dragon would benefit from having a Salamander Zoan power, though
    The only advantage would be for him to become smaller in his salamander form, I guess...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; August 23, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think the idea of sunny at any time getting a fruit is reasonable. It does not even get to being practical. Sunny getting a fruit has the implication that a fruit user will be in constant contact with water. While water does not seem to actually take away abilities it does at least weaken them to a degree. Constant contact with water would result in sunny being constantly weakened. He would be a boat which would be at full power only when outside of the water. I guess it would be fun to see sunny getting legs and working as land ride but having issues with water would still make it useless.
    df users are weakened based on the amount of still water around their body. moving water or waves do not affect them

when the sunny is in the sea, only a tiny fraction is actualy immersed underwater, discounting the waves

now given how the axolotl has little frills around his head like the sunny, imagine a hybrid form where the sunny, looking like a lion/axolotl hybrid, fires the gaon cannon from its mouth

how cool is that.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course it does. To varying degrees but it certainly does. A boat which remains in some form or context in a perpetually weakened condition is less than practical, specially if said boat is also alive. Even if most of it is technically over water there will be a significant area constantly, endlessly, in contact with water. Its not like it is just a small area, the entire base of the ship is reasonably large. I think the sunny doing that would be less than practical. It already has a lion's mouth to shot from (which is far more dignified than an axolotl mouth even taking into consideration the sunny's lion head is basically a cartoon) and it would ruin the entire theme of the beat. I also doubt the strathats would be comfortable living in the organs of a lizard.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Of course it does. To varying degrees but it certainly does. A boat which remains in some form or context in a perpetually weakened condition is less than practical, specially if said boat is also alive. Even if most of it is technically over water there will be a significant area constantly, endlessly, in contact with water. Its not like it is just a small area, the entire base of the ship is reasonably large. I think the sunny doing that would be less than practical. It already has a lion's mouth to shot from (which is far more dignified than an axolotl mouth even taking into consideration the sunny's lion head is basically a cartoon) and it would ruin the entire theme of the beat. I also doubt the strathats would be comfortable living in the organs of a lizard.
    zoans have 3 forms

initial form
    fruit form
    hybrid

in its initial form, i highly doubt there will be lizard organs

when they reach the shore, they could just all get on deck and let the sunny transform into its hybrid form or fruit form and continue walking on land while they're mounted on top

and combat mode in hybrid form, not to mention self-regeneration of damage

the boat was inanimate to begin with, adding a fruit would only increase its useability

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

it would be far less creepy to see sunny, a horizontal boat to begin with, crawling around on all 4s than it is to see another human/humanoid doing so

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True, in the boat's normal form there wouldn't be any organs but for the ship to fire from a lizard's mouth it would have to transform into either its animal (or hybrid?) forms. Wouldn't there be organs in that case?

Also, wouldn't sunny regenerating undermine franky's role as shipwright? I mean, the ship would not technically need him for repairs anymore as the ship would simply regenerate. How would upgrades work in that case for that matter? If he removes something then the ship would grow it back. Would something new be added to the ship in the same way as something which was already a part of it? And being half lizard would ultimately ruin the sunny's theme as a lion and king of beasts. I do still question to what extent it would benefit to have a boat (which is in constant contact with water) as a DF user. Wouldn't it be kinda cruel? The boat will actually feel the effects of water at all times.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast