Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will recieve the Revealed Devil Fruit

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zorro

    1 2.13%
  • Sanji

    2 4.26%
  • Nami

    3 6.38%
  • Ussop

    12 25.53%
  • Franky

    0 0%
  • Others

    29 61.70%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

  1. #76
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    well i think sara sara no mi: model axolotl is useless for normal human consumption me thinks. the animal itself is based on an aquatic (well actually amphibious species) that does not leave water unless a forced metamorphosis occurs. the only thing they have as a plus is their regenerative functions. unless oda wanted to show the world that these interesting creatures are endangered species, i cant for the life of me see any use.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    well i think sara sara no mi: model axolotl is useless for normal human consumption me thinks. the animal itself is based on an aquatic (well actually amphibious species) that does not leave water unless a forced metamorphosis occurs. the only thing they have as a plus is their regenerative functions. unless oda wanted to show the world that these interesting creatures are endangered species, i cant for the life of me see any use.
    precisely

    it's either for a boring regeneration role, or it could play a role in becoming a living submarine!

    it's a long shot, but this is oda, he always flings far-out ideas at the reader and ties everything well together

    i think the sunnylotl would be a very very good story

  3. #78
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    precisely

    it's either for a boring regeneration role, or it could play a role in becoming a living submarine!

    it's a long shot, but this is oda, he always flings far-out ideas at the reader and ties everything well together

    i think the sunnylotl would be a very very good story
    that's basically impossible. although the animal itself in this world is amphibious in real world, it still is a DF. smiley could not go in to the water. besides i dont see Franky making sunny eat the fruit. it would totally ruin his dream about the ship he build.

  4. #79
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    this is a very obvious point and we actually spent this entire thread discussing this

    do scroll back and read it
    there is nothing to discuss about it. for 15 years it has been established that DF users cant swim they are basically hammers. even it is oda and even this manga is a weird fantasy that will be making the foundation crack. i am already pissed about the fact that BB pirates do have a way to harvest more than 1 DF anyway, and a way to make DF users swimable would be the point for OP going down the crapper. some facts should not played with...

  5. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    This is funny thing in OP - certain DF would be useless. Reminds me of the time when I was thinking about major trolling among DF:

    1. Logia - Umi Umi no Mi. Aside from the rhyme, the user can't turn to the element of the logia, because it'd mean entering sea and turning back to normal form. There would be a way to use it, but the main advantage of logias is lost.

    2. Zoan - any sea fish. You can't turn into the animal because you'd need to be in the sea (and therefore turn back human and drown) or somewhere else (and suffocate). It could survive in fish form in non-sea water, or as a hybrid



    so it's not that much of a trolling.

    3. joins the list, Sunny with a DF. But that's already been denied, and as things are going, I don't think anyone will get the DF (too much poison gas around).
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  6. #81
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    yea... actually scroll back and read and stop being such an arse

    i wouldn't ask you to scroll back and read if i didn't think you forgot something important

    we're 6 pages ahead of you on this point, you join in on page 6 and point out something already tackled in page 4 and refuse to go back and read it

    you're new and all, but do show some basic courtesy here if you're going to join in a conversation on page 6
    i am sry for soundin to be an arse. it was unintentional. and i did read every entry before making that comment maybe my wording was wrong. so sry again if it sounded arrogant.

    your point of making the sunnylotl is for story progression and you also said DF users dont get many problems when they are above water in many of your other post but they do get cumulatively weaker. can you actually imagine the pain. and from the SH point of view who sees their ship as part of their nakama already that would be unthinkable. it would be akin to torturing it.as @kckk mentioned. (coating issue is also explained so...)

    my only other problem with this DF is no1 actually knows it exist in the 1st place maybe except CC and monet. so unless incoming DD crew finds it i dont see SH even get that fruit.

    last possibility of the fruit, they might actually stay on the island explore it and find the fruit. but because they dont know what it is, and the high market value of the thing Nami may decide to sell it.

  7. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    i am sry for soundin to be an arse. it was unintentional. and i did read every entry before making that comment maybe my wording was wrong. so sry again if it sounded arrogant.

    your point of making the sunnylotl is for story progression and you also said DF users dont get many problems when they are above water in many of your other post but they do get cumulatively weaker. can you actually imagine the pain. and from the SH point of view who sees their ship as part of their nakama already that would be unthinkable. it would be akin to torturing it.as @kckk mentioned. (coating issue is also explained so...)

    my only other problem with this DF is no1 actually knows it exist in the 1st place maybe except CC and monet. so unless incoming DD crew finds it i dont see SH even get that fruit.

    last possibility of the fruit, they might actually stay on the island explore it and find the fruit. but because they dont know what it is, and the high market value of the thing Nami may decide to sell it.
    well i got an infraction and my post deleted, so i think i was a bigger arse in my calling of you an arse.

    sorry

    in any case i was referring to
    1) the availability of coating to protect aginst seawater, so you ahve an autonomous submarine
    2) franky having been in vegapunk's lab, and having read vegapunk's research, could know about the cycle of devil fruits and identify that
    3) similarly, he could know how to apply it on inanimate objects


    and it's pretty suspiciouso that franky actually disappeared for so long after he saw the death of the devil fruit user. it is likely it's linked imho, and if he's applying it to anything it's likely to be the sunny i guess. but one thing i don't like about this scenario is that he might lose his function as shipwright, but we never know how it plays out

  8. #83
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    well i got an infraction and my post deleted, so i think i was a bigger arse in my calling of you an arse.

    sorry

    in any case i was referring to
    1) the availability of coating to protect aginst seawater, so you ahve an autonomous submarine
    2) franky having been in vegapunk's lab, and having read vegapunk's research, could know about the cycle of devil fruits and identify that
    3) similarly, he could know how to apply it on inanimate objects


    and it's pretty suspiciouso that franky actually disappeared for so long after he saw the death of the devil fruit user. it is likely it's linked imho, and if he's applying it to anything it's likely to be the sunny i guess. but one thing i don't like about this scenario is that he might lose his function as shipwright, but we never know how it plays out
    if we apply simple logic to your arguments,

    1) yes the coating technology is there and yes franky might have learned about it from either den or rayleigh but the problem is for now we have only 2 places that bubbles actually applicable. sabody and fishman island both unreachable as of now. so they cant coat the ship on punk hazard. (i bet there is another island in NW that it can be done since WB pirates invaded Marineford before TS with coated ships.but wherever that is the problem...)

    2-3) franky did visit the old vagapunk lab. but from the little info we got from the manga, vpunk never did have enough funds to do the research on anything and everything is either half done or left with blueprints(from brain cells to battleships) so this leds me to believe he couldnt have done the DF experiments before he got in bed with the WG or marines.so it is slim chance at best franky learned about it there.(it should also be noted the laser technology shouldnt be there also but it was hence the slim but existing chance)

    franky left every1 and said he wants to do something to sunny and he and robin was talking about acquiring materials from CC's lab so there is a chance albeit minute that he will learn about it there though probably he just liked some of the equipment CC or vpunk created and wants to take advantage of it. back to topic, i must reiterate that SHs dont know the existence of the DF yet.since the knowledge on DF is not so great on the outside world besides legends and half-truths they wont realize(just maybe robin might and 50% chance on smoker) smiley's death recreated the fruit.

  9. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    if we apply simple logic to your arguments,

    1) yes the coating technology is there and yes franky might have learned about it from either den or rayleigh but the problem is for now we have only 2 places that bubbles actually applicable. sabody and fishman island both unreachable as of now. so they cant coat the ship on punk hazard. (i bet there is another island in NW that it can be done since WB pirates invaded Marineford before TS with coated ships.but wherever that is the problem...)

    2-3) franky did visit the old vagapunk lab. but from the little info we got from the manga, vpunk never did have enough funds to do the research on anything and everything is either half done or left with blueprints(from brain cells to battleships) so this leds me to believe he couldnt have done the DF experiments before he got in bed with the WG or marines.so it is slim chance at best franky learned about it there.(it should also be noted the laser technology shouldnt be there also but it was hence the slim but existing chance)

    franky left every1 and said he wants to do something to sunny and he and robin was talking about acquiring materials from CC's lab so there is a chance albeit minute that he will learn about it there though probably he just liked some of the equipment CC or vpunk created and wants to take advantage of it. back to topic, i must reiterate that SHs dont know the existence of the DF yet.since the knowledge on DF is not so great on the outside world besides legends and half-truths they wont realize(just maybe robin might and 50% chance on smoker) smiley's death recreated the fruit.
    1) yea even when going by the assumption that the bubble is indeed gone, the prevaling conclusion now is that there is definitely a way to reapply it, either by franky with stores of resin (fresh barrels in stock, or the previous bubble that was kept) or by some other coating engineer who lives around the new world. it's not too hard to see the former being the case. also, the bubbles are definitely ok underwater
    2) franky seems to have replicated vegapunk's kizaru-grafting technology to recreate the laser the pacifistas use and also learn of wapometal (a new tech that only came up waay after luffy got chopper, remember) so the notes in his lab might not be as outdated as you think.

  10. #85
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    1) yea even when going by the assumption that the bubble is indeed gone, the prevaling conclusion now is that there is definitely a way to reapply it, either by franky with stores of resin (fresh barrels in stock, or the previous bubble that was kept) or by some other coating engineer who lives around the new world. it's not too hard to see the former being the case. also, the bubbles are definitely ok underwater
    2) franky seems to have replicated vegapunk's kizaru-grafting technology to recreate the laser the pacifistas use and also learn of wapometal (a new tech that only came up waay after luffy got chopper, remember) so the notes in his lab might not be as outdated as you think.
    i must have to say i still dont see why you want sunny to be a axlotl. even the DF itself is useless the way i see it (i cant say what oda sees with it) even letting it eat humans or some ppl mentioned kuro-kabuto(i dont actually like this 1 myself) and sorcery climatact(nami with a lizard might be great thou. just her screams would be awesome ) is way more logical.

    now to disect your points;

    1) the previous bubble burst when they get out of the sea on top of whales head so no it was not kept. about why would they even think about barrels of resin? even it is oda i dont think he can make a point about it. bubbles as u said is usable underwater... 2 ways. either u have a freaking huge oxygen tank or that little coral thingies. (huge coral nami used wasnt shown in the manga so.....) the other option is making sunny sunk to apply the coating if lets say it can be done. do you really think franky will go for something like that? what part of the story will even make sense after that? and about the NW bubble island i already mentioned though we dont know the location of that place. will u let a DF u have no idea what it is just stand there in the of chance u will find an island? so please this bubble discussion has no meaning rather than clutching on straws. u have to see there is no way sunny will get that DF.

    2) i already conceded the fact of the laser. but wapometal has no meaning in there. it was franky ingenuity based on a dream vpunk had about docking robots.he could not achieve that dream because as u mentioned technology was not invented.or will u now say kuma send him to the island without any1 noticing?

    i am afraid you are not reading the manga correctly (or my posts) even if you think i am an arse. i am all for discussions but this 1 is meaningless unless franky is gonna die or he had shortcurcited the ship will never get that DF.
    Last edited by cearon; September 23, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

  11. #86
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who will get the Devil fruit that appeared?

    Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    1) the previous bubble burst when they get out of the sea on top of whales head so no it was not kept. about why would they even think about barrels of resin? even it is oda i dont think he can make a point about it. bubbles as u said is usable underwater... 2 ways. either u have a freaking huge oxygen tank or that little coral thingies. (huge coral nami used wasnt shown in the manga so.....) the other option is making sunny sunk to apply the coating if lets say it can be done. do you really think franky will go for something like that? what part of the story will even make sense after that? and about the NW bubble island i already mentioned though we dont know the location of that place. will u let a DF u have no idea what it is just stand there in the of chance u will find an island? so please this bubble discussion has no meaning rather than clutching on straws. u have to see there is no way sunny will get that DF.

    2) i already conceded the fact of the laser. but wapometal has no meaning in there. it was franky ingenuity based on a dream vpunk had about docking robots.he could not achieve that dream because as u mentioned technology was not invented.or will u now say kuma send him to the island without any1 noticing?

    i am afraid you are not reading the manga correctly (or my posts) even if you think i am an arse. i am all for discussions but this 1 is meaningless unless franky is gonna die or he had shortcurcited the ship will never get that DF.
    well firstly if the bubbles only operate underwater or on shabondy and that means it can't be coated to submerge anywhere else, how, might i ask, could a person get back to paradise from the new world?
    are there specific areas with similar atmospheres to shabondy to allow the coating process?
    There must be some more practicable way it can be done on demand, and i highly doubt the strawhats are imprisoned in the new world until they find a rare specific geographical location and/or persons where it can be done.

    as for freaking huge oxygen tanks to blow bubbles, or air bursts, let me put it tihs way. coup de boo, coup de burst, coup de vent.

    thirdly you do not know how the coating process is done yet. it's premature to claim it can't be done at all outside of shabondy, and rather weird as this is something no one was warned of, that they would basically be prisoners in the new world after they enter it.
    it's possible, since the resin causes ships to sink, that you merely pour a bit on the water surface, and you put the ship in dead centre, and the ship will sink through it, letting the floating resin coat around it and eventually merge on the top. there is no justification for this theory, but it's just to elucidate a possibility of application of resin that would allow reapplication outside of shabondy for submersion


    actually my point about wapometal was that franky was not truly isolated from updated technological news. if you remember, the strawhats beat up wapol and headed to water 7 in a rather short manner of time. wapol himself moped around for a bit before he discovered his wapometal creation capabilities and became a tycoon. so there is nothing to suggest franky's knowledge is limited at all to just what vegapunk knew before he left the place. he might have a source of technological information/updates. and given his access to the laser, i could see the information/updates containing vegapunk's newer research

    ---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

    my point about you being an arse was because you waltzed into this thread and started posting your own opinions supported by your own assumptions and nothing more, and started putting people's opinions down as if they had been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

    Quote Quote:
    i am afraid you are not reading the manga correctly (or my posts) even if you think i am an arse. i am all for discussions but this 1 is meaningless unless franky is gonna die or he had shortcurcited the ship will never get that DF.
    given that this opinion is your personal feeling based on your own boundaries of logic, it is very egocentric and irrelevant to the discussion at hand, i think, and against what this discussion forum basically stands for


    i have never asserted that it is absolute that sunny would get the axolotl, i just said it was a possibility i would be very happy to see. and in regards to its plausibility, there are heaps of engineering hurdles to jump across, but given that we have a cyborg with big red deltoid shoulders that can fire missles and huge blue blocky forearms, i don't see the problem in tying things together. case in point: look above at how i explained application of resin coating on ships, that's how engineering hurdles are surpassed


    in essence, you basically came in here and told me 'no your opinions don't matter because i myself can't think of a way it could work'. and instead of asking 'how do you think it could work, i can't think of any way', you virtually went ahead with 'nah i can't think of a way so it can't work. so stop discussing please', even when you had no explicit evidence to your end either.

    that's plain rude and is not how discussions work here.


    just present what you presented, basically in all your posts thus far just present your points (1) and (2) and leave the rest out


    i like mangahelpers and i would like to see it foster more discussion, instead of personal opinions stemming the flow of discussion

    if you have nothing to add, then just go away instead of saying 'there's no room for discussion'. that's essentially asking people to 'shut up and discuss things in the boundary i want'

    if you have something explicit and factual to correct, then do it with the proper citations and submissions.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts