Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you believe they are reincarnations?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 15.00%
  • No

17 85.00%
New Reply

Thread: Natsu and Gajeel age

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu and Gajeel age

So, I thought of creating a thread to discuss your theory on Natsu and Gajeel age.

We already know somehow, that they couldn't get through the barrier meaning that they are older than 80 years.

So, what's your theory on this?

-------

Here's a few theory to discuss:

Theory 1: Reincarnation

The most popular theory.
    They are reincarnation, so they are older.

I won't go into the details for that one.

------------------------------------------------

Theory 2: The spirit world

This whole 1 day in Spirit World = 3 months in Real World sure sounded like a funny joke at first.
    But, what if there was more to it?

It could very well be possible that both Natsu and Gajeel (and possibly Wendy), went to the Spirit World with their dragon parents.

They would only need to stay less than 1 year to technically come back in the real world 80 years later.

Theory 3: The scarf

That might be a bit strange, but you never know...

We already know that the scarf is special, more than simply a gift from Igneel.
    When Zeref used his darkness magic (which kills everything), Natsu was unharmed but the scarf turned black,

It was later healed by Wendy (just like a human being would be healed).

So I'm wondering...
    Maybe the scarf is very old (80 years old +) and could have blocked Natsu.

As for Gajeel, maybe he also have some gift from his Dragon...
    I was thinking about all of those piercing he had maybe (since his father is a Metal dragon).

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natsu and Gajeel age

Reincarnation
    reincarnation ehh.. kinda like Avatar the Last Airbender.. but from who? we still don't know how the dragon choosing their DS.. is it just random or need a special conditions.. and about Zeref knowing Natsu.. maybe Igneel were the one who mentioned about Natsu to Zeref... not someone he know aged ago. one thing is i don't know if reincarnation will make people older. but this reincarnation thing it still can be possible.. All FT DS age except Laxus sure is mystery..

The spirit world
    Hmmm... i don't think any possibility about this.. because it look like Natsu doesn't even know anything about that place. also it the place where spirit live not the dragon.. so if anyone has any idea or possibility i like to hear about that.

The scarf
    1st time i hear about this idea.. kinda good one i guess.. and i wonder if Wendy could passes that barrier..

at the time i read that chapter i though the reason is because of their magic so old that Natsu and Gazeel cannot passes the barrier..

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda weird how reincarnation is one of the more popular ones, but everyone so far has voted no.

I think of all the theories presented it's the most likely. The scarf just... happened, and I don't think the idea of people being able to hang out in the spirit world has been around as long as Mashima has had plans for Natsu and Gajeel's age thing. The only hint that could have been dropped for reincarnation so far is that they registered as over 80, and if that turned out to really be the reason than I'd accept it, but I haven't seen any other solid evidence pointing towards it either. Plus, I kind of expect a little more from Mashima than the most likely answer.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MAX_COLA_POWER!'s Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Is awesome an age?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Awesome is a word. One's age is expressed in numbers.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Theory 2 and 3 are good to go, 1 is far off and causes a lot of complications in the plot. True that Zeref stated that *this time etc etc* but does that have to mean reincarnation?

a 4th theory could be they are not dragonslayers as such but that they are true dragons all of them. And that somehow they are in a human form. That the final unlock of their power is going to a dragonform as in real dragon. Like they could have been before.
    Its not that far off since Let in Rave Master also was in a human form and could change into a full fledged dragon. As could all of the dragonclan. But there was a catch to it. Anyways you should look it up if you dont know about it. A lot of what Mashima uses now in FT is from previous mangas he wrote. And some that hes writing still. And he crosses it over to one another.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Theory 2 and 3 are good to go, 1 is far off and causes a lot of complications in the plot. True that Zeref stated that *this time etc etc* but does that have to mean reincarnation?

a 4th theory could be they are not dragonslayers as such but that they are true dragons all of them. And that somehow they are in a human form. That the final unlock of their power is going to a dragonform as in real dragon. Like they could have been before.
    Its not that far off since Let in Rave Master also was in a human form and could change into a full fledged dragon. As could all of the dragonclan. But there was a catch to it. Anyways you should look it up if you dont know about it. A lot of what Mashima uses now in FT is from previous mangas he wrote. And some that hes writing still. And he crosses it over to one another.
    Yeah, I thought about that theory too, that they might be actual dragons.
    I was thinking of adding it, but I didn't really know how to express it, so I didn't add it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

4th theory could be they are not dragonslayers as such but that they are true dragons all of them. And that somehow they are in a human form. That the final unlock of their power is going to a dragonform as in real dragon. Like they could have been before.
    it been written in last chapter that is a DF are the final form of DS magic... and Igneel did say about if human can exceed dragon.. so they are human with dragon power not the dragon itself..it must be something else that make their age unknown until now..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the theory of both of them a real dragon is already scratch off because of Polyusica (edolas dragon) because they saw other Natsu on Edolas

the theory of them are created by the dragons like both of them are created from a stone and given life by the dragon and maybe the dragon's want to prove who if a human/humanoid can surpass their respective dragons in terms of power from what i remember all of the DS they see or fighting is not a 1st gen all of them are either they put a lacryma on their bodies to mimic the DS magic or killing off their dragon(Sting and Rouge didn't kill a dragon i think they just vanished 7 years ago that's why Sting wants to beat Salamander/Natsu)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NO! they definitely aren't dragons coz if they were acnologia would have at least answered natsu's questions. he(acnologia) didn't used words because they were humans.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I just voted yes but I am far from being certain with that theory especially because it could contradict the rune magic rule that didn't allow the DS to pass. Apart from that Wendy is younger than the other DS which makes the "incarnation theory" more uncertain.

On the other hand, Grandine hopes that Wendy and "this child" would have a better relationship "this time".
    Zeref also talked about Natsu as if he knew him thus interacted with him somehow in the past. I doubt he would be so emotional about him if he met him only as a very young child. So the other three theories aren't well explained either. The possessed Jellal also spoke about Natsu in a similar familiar manner and wanted him to grow.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakakibara Eitaro's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There is one thing that make the scarf and spirit world theory bad.
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7216-...apter-101.html

They met before and don´t remember. I don´t think they reecarnated, but they are something realy strange.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So, with the new information that human can transform into Dragon, could it be possible that Dragon can turn into human as well?
    Would that give some more ammo to the theory that Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are Dragon in human form.

PS: Why is this thread already in the archive? It's not that old!

New Reply