Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

    43 40.57%
  • Good!

    28 26.42%
  • Regular

    10 9.43%
  • Boring...

    4 3.77%
  • Bad!

    20 18.87%
  • Other...

    1 0.94%
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 241 to 253 of 253

Thread: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

  1. #241
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    I took it from Mangahere actually, is that bad?
    I think you are being biased on ST. Do you know all their mages? Do you think Rufus, for example, is just a brat? Why are you diminishing them so much?
    Yeah. I call someone who do something like smiling in times like this.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...6/c291/21.html

    a brat. Your team winning is no excuse. I'll probably feel sorry for my opponent(s) if my teammates embarrass them in some unnecessary way. Rouge is probably the only whom I don't consider to be a brat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    But being in the "Top 5" of the strongest guild around does.
    And about Lucy - she somewhat doubled her abilities now being able to hold 2 Spirits at once. Natsu's increase of power is just way bigger than simply being doubled.
    It is way bigger than double. And your point? Natsu second origin is simply bigger than Lucy. I don't see any problem with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    Kagura was present, Bacchus might have been participating, whole bunch of unfamiliar but yet decent mages might have been participated too. ST were considered to be the strongest not solely because of the Tournament. It's just the visual indication of the status.
    Kagura was there, but she has not gotten serious. Bacchus is just a fail of a character from what we've seen.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  2. #242
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    I got that part solved.
    One asks. One seeks. One finds the answer. That's how the science works. And your "It's just the way it is", "It's always the same", "You simply must accept it" ain't helping at all.
    You just don't have scientific mind in you
    No. You were trying to bring up maths on a topic about individual (basic) strength, abilities and progress of different characters. That simply does not work at all.

    If character A is weaker than character B, there's like ZERO guarantee that A gets stronger than B by simply training ten times harder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    I think you are being biased on ST. Do you know all their mages? Do you think Rufus, for example, is just a brat? Why are you diminishing them so much?
    Wait. I'm not buying the hype (and used the term "brat" as Gemma and Makarov did btw) - and I am the one being biased?

    Of course, the ST guild members are the same kind of brats as most of the FT members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    Hmm, so it's OK to you being verbally and physically humiliated and insulted 'cos you missed the paycheck?
    No. I never said such a thing. And even though scum is scum, they can be scum for totally different motivations and reasons. Phantom Lord acted out of jealousy and of fear because of the Heartfilia family's money benefitting FT, Twilight Orge out of arrogance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    Hey, that's what people are saying. Just read the posts.
    Are you following other peoples' opinions? I don't share that point, and there's no reason to join in some canon without thinking nor looking at strength relations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    But being in the "Top 5" of the strongest guild around does.
    No. Statements like those only rise expectations without actually saying something about the real strength. 4 of the Top 5 failed their fame on Natsu's raid on ST.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #243
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    No. Statements like those only rise expectations without actually saying something about the real strength. 4 of the Top 5 failed their fame on Natsu's raid on ST.
    Most of the mage's strength is comment on such statements. Gildart is strongest, previously it was Laxus before gildarts came, then it was Natsu,grays,erza being strongest team, etc.

    Although the statement will not give you exact value but it tells you general perspective where these mages sit. sometimes overstated but you get the idea.

  5. #244
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions


  6. #245
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ace17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    i hate cliff hangers, damn it ok now we know its levy narrating apparently every1 is died damn man im guessing that who ever that women was she is from the future sent back to help fairy tail and im also guessing its some1 from fairy tail the greatest part of this chapter was seeing genma's face lol and a graveyardfor dragons it would if they can back to life like skyrim

  7. #246
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    1) Yeah. I call someone who do something like smiling in times like this a brat. Your team winning is no excuse. I'll probably feel sorry for my opponent(s) if my teammates embarrass them in some unnecessary way. Rouge is probably the only whom I don't consider to be a brat.
    2) It is way bigger than double. And your point? Natsu second origin is simply bigger than Lucy. I don't see any problem with this.
    3) Kagura was there, but she has not gotten serious. Bacchus is just a fail of a character from what we've seen.
    1) Brat or not it doesn't matter. If anyone could foresee the outcome of that fight solely by that statement alone, then I bow to their experience in mangas =)
    2) My point was "Why it's bigger?". And no one explained me that, everyone was just persuading me to take it for granted as some divine commandment you shall not doubt. That's just some religious-like crap I hate.
    3) I doubt that #1 title was given solely by the Tournament. But whatever, I already got that being #1 means nothing. From now on no hype is allowed =/

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No. You were trying to bring up maths on a topic about individual (basic) strength, abilities and progress of different characters. That simply does not work at all.
    If character A is weaker than character B, there's like ZERO guarantee that A gets stronger than B by simply training ten times harder.
    I wanted the reason why. I asked and searched. I found the answer. And all you kept saying was just "it is the way it is, it is the way the Author did it, you must simply accept it, repent for all your doubts!" =)
    I brought the math and I calculated the reason. And you can keep taking it all for granted.
    You were right and I were wrong. But now I know why I was wrong and you still don't know why you were right =)

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Wait. I'm not buying the hype (and used the term "brat" as Gemma and Makarov did btw) - and I am the one being biased?
    Of course, the ST guild members are the same kind of brats as most of the FT members.
    I simply love how you act as some kind of shamanic manga tribe leader. You act so experienced and all-wise, you can even predict the future by simple sign no one paid attention to. Everyone respect you for your experience. But yet you seem to dislike when I tried to question the Gods ways.
    No offense, of course, that's just my mental picture of you now


    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No. I never said such a thing. And even though scum is scum, they can be scum for totally different motivations and reasons. Phantom Lord acted out of jealousy and of fear because of the Heartfilia family's money benefitting FT, Twilight Orge out of arrogance.
    The point was that the guilds have same relationships as humans do. And I was proven right 'cos now it's FT vs. everyone else =)

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Are you following other peoples' opinions? I don't share that point, and there's no reason to join in some canon without thinking nor looking at strength relations.
    I just wanted to show you that I'm not alone here and a lot of people took it that way. The only difference is that some like it and some don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No. Statements like those only rise expectations without actually saying something about the real strength. 4 of the Top 5 failed their fame on Natsu's raid on ST.
    The more you inflate the strength of some weak character the more dislike you'll get when the truth about his power is revealed. The Author made a mistake.

  8. #247
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Jiemma's reaction to Sabertooths loss mirrors mine quite well lol. Well, now Sabertooth is a joke. Everyone wants to fight FT now. I would like to see Ichiya fight Natsu though. If Jura loses to Laxus.....well I'm not going to drop FT because its not exactly much trouble to follow any manga when it gets released once a week, but this arc will have hit an even bigger low. I'm hoping Kagura doesn't fight Erza because then she will get trolled too. I don't really get why Ren wants to fight Gajeel since Natsu just humiliated him last week but hey I think Gajeels awesome too.

    And I'm not buying any of this Carla bullshit or Levi's either. ANY OF IT. Carla's future seeing powers have already been ruined by Mashima's stupid storytelling last arc, and I don't but anything Levi's saying at all. Mashima doesn't have the balls to do anything bad to FT. Sting and Rogue couldn't even give Natsu by himself in his weakest form trouble. And Acnologia couldn't even damage Tenroujima. I'am not at all convinced, and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised later. And I hope that chick isn't Layla or a Lucy look-a-like. If it is, then Mashima should just go back and continue Rave somehow lol. Because that would be exactly like Sieghart and Resha Valentine. And Jellal pretty much is Sieghart....and Layla/Lucy does look like Elie/Resha.

  9. #248
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    on the side note whats with Ren's newfound obsession with gajeel?!

  10. #249
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Again, it's not a lie. They are strong. Stronger than average. Not stronger than Natsu and Gajeel. And place Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Gérard, Ultear, Jura, Guildartz on that battlefield and the result would've been the same.
    \
    Sting and Rogue are a major disappointment,sadly. Minerva and Jiemma I still believe in, Rufus won't have to fight Natsu but if Orga fights Laxus I think he's screwed. Yomazu and Kawazu gave Gajeel a shit ton of trouble, and they weren't even part of GH's strongest members. Gajeel could've taken Sting and Rogue without doing much at all. Gajeel has 3 months of training, but honestly Sting and Rogue couldn't even perform in their fight as well as two lackeys from a dark guild 7 years ago. Come onnnnn.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #250
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dylan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    5 people will die , apparently one of them is Gajeel, so...... maybe the 5 DS ? I just hope Mashima won't pull another "we're dead-crap" like tenrou island

    And the Mysterious girl might be Lucy herself from the past or future or whatever, something like this... .. if you have read Rave Master you'll know that Mashima is not new to Time-travel, and in that situation Sieghart(now Jellal) and Elie-Resha(now Lucy) were the protagonists

  13. #251
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    on the side note whats with Ren's newfound obsession with gajeel?!
    Ha! This actually also came to my mind as i read the chapter! Have both of them even met yet?

    Well, at least we can assume that there is some major fighting.. at least Levy got a little scar on her head. So my guesses on who is gonna die...

    Makarov
    Jellal
    Droy

    Let's play this "who will fall?" game again and get trolled by Mashima.


    And the other cliffhanger.. Who is the girl Jellal faced? He's not like the guy to know a lof of girls. Maybe Kagura's sister, who he killed.. or something like that. I really have no clue.

  14. #252
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    If Mashima kills Gajeel I would rage.....Gajeel has hardly got to do anything cool in this manga. After being trolled out of his fight with Rogue, he needs to do something epic. And screw Natsu....throwing your "nakama" into a minecart so you can fight by yourself. Bonds my ass.

  15. #253
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 296 Discussion/ 297 Predictions

    Who has really died in the fairy tail universe?

    I mean somebody got hit point blank with Fairy law and he didn't die. So...there's always gonna be a loophole/angle/magic/ to avoid someone from really dying.

New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts