Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who do you think the guy with a Wing Tree and MAZINO tattoo is ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urek Mazino

8 53.33%
  • some other guy (tell us about which person are you thinking and why in a thread bellow - Chapter 109 Discussion/110 Predictions thread)

7 46.67%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 109 Discussion/110 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 109 Discussion/110 Predictions

LOL i almost choked of laughing so much on this chapter Yeon is just to much , she was hilarious and i'm so glad to see how good everyone understands each other now . Baam looks finally how he did in the past at least his behavior

Also can't believe Mazino showed up Is that a fake one or the real deal? , that was my 1st thought . And the flower was there , they are just so careless

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The flower indeed seems to be Yeon family's symbol. What is more, the blue stones/gems in the middle of the flower is most probably the gem stone that's offered to the scout by Koon.

My theory is when Koon's main team reached 21F, their opponent also forfeited (knowing they'll face Androssi, Anak etc.). Hence, they've faced the very same test and Koon kept one of the stones of the flower. The opposition's forfeit may have given the idea of splitting the team in two.

2. I'm 101% sure that (yes, I majored in math) he is not Urek Mazino. I think that person is a junior member of the Wing Tree at best. Since we haven't even see a Wing Tree pin on him, a tattoo doesn't prove that he is a actually member (yet Urek Mazino himself). We know very little about Urek Mazino and I think he's a very competitive person. The new guy might have gone up to 77th floor and ask Urek Mazino for a duel. The tattoo was probably the wager

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You think Urek Mazino would allow copycats? More when He was looking for the guy who did the ranks to just demand being ranked above him.

I think this guy IS Mazino.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a lot of people over at batoto think it might only be some kind of hardcore fan but it's hard to say at this point, could be both. Personally I think it might be a bit early for Urek but on the other hand I totally wouldn't mind if it's him. With FUG, Wing Tree, Zahard faction and the different groups it starts to feel like a really huge world with lots of intertwining plots.

And I'm loving it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The name is mazino, it might be a different mazino than Urek. And it's weird for someone to tatoo his own name, so he might be someone who got strong feelings for Urek Mazino, that's all.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Mazino could be the nickname He got.

My bets are that it's actually him.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    1. The flower indeed seems to be Yeon family's symbol. What is more, the blue stones/gems in the middle of the flower is most probably the gem stone that's offered to the scout by Koon.

My theory is when Koon's main team reached 21F, their opponent also forfeited (knowing they'll face Androssi, Anak etc.). Hence, they've faced the very same test and Koon kept one of the stones of the flower. The opposition's forfeit may have given the idea of splitting the team in two.
    The Company's translation is more accurate.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/116531/...by_the-company

What Koon has is suspendium, which is the super rare material used in the tower to allow things to easily float in shinsoo.

Yeon's family mark has fewer leaves, and the leaves have the inside cut out. Also the blue dots are more spread around instead of concentrated in the center. It's possible the symbol is based on Jigena's flower though.

I have no position either way on it being Urek, but SIU did say in the last afterword, "Honestly this test is nothing but ground bait for the next arc. I think you're feeling the scale grow bigger and bigger."

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    The Company's translation is more accurate.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/116531/...by_the-company

What Koon has is suspendium, which is the super rare material used in the tower to allow things to easily float in shinsoo.

Yeon's family mark has fewer leaves, and the leaves have the inside cut out. Also the blue dots are more spread around instead of concentrated in the center. It's possible the symbol is based on Jigena's flower though.

I have no position either way on it being Urek, but SIU did say in the last afterword, "Honestly this test is nothing but ground bait for the next arc. I think you're feeling the scale grow bigger and bigger."
    Even if it was suspendium the test administrator doesn't have to mention it to the regulars and simply call it "Blue Jewel" (Either he might not know or simply wants to keep it a secret). It is also a possibility that the Blue Jewel looks a lot like suspendium and Koon used this similarity to manipulate the scout (Like a fake diamond looks a lot like the real one). My main point was Koon's team could have taken the very same test and this situation could have resulted in breaking up the team in two.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what it really could be. The best suspendium comes from inside giant creatures like this. We're never actually told where it comes from, just that high level suspendium is quite rare.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    Even if it was suspendium the test administrator doesn't have to mention it to the regulars and simply call it "Blue Jewel" (Either he might not know or simply wants to keep it a secret). It is also a possibility that the Blue Jewel looks a lot like suspendium and Koon used this similarity to manipulate the scout (Like a fake diamond looks a lot like the real one). My main point was Koon's team could have taken the very same test and this situation could have resulted in breaking up the team in two.
    Why would this break up the team in two? Koon planned from the very beginning to eventually form a new team with Rachel, he states this in his talk with Leesoo in chapter 25. Also, they apparently didn't split up until reaching the 25th floor. I see no point in the test administrator referring to suspendium as Jigena's Flower, as they are both reportedly extremely valuable. The chunk of suspendium Koon had also appears darker and more rough around the edges than Jigena's Flower.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started reading this yesterday and I finished it earlier and I am so happy I found it. THIS SHIT RULES!!! I have to say gator is one of my favorite characters I wish he was around . I am a little skeptical this is the real Mazino. I am hooked on this story

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    Just started reading this yesterday and I finished it earlier and I am so happy I found it. THIS SHIT RULES!!! I have to say gator is one of my favorite characters I wish he was around .
    Your not alone in that. I can't wait for him to start calling FUG people "turtles". Though my desire to see him is dwarfed by my desire to see Androssi.

Hopefully, with long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    I am a little skeptical this is the real Mazino. I am hooked on this story
    That's the way I feel too. It just seems so incredible that it would actually be him, even though all signs so far point to that.

Though I suppose it would be a funny thing for SIU to troll fans on, build audiences anticipation up only to let them down. I mean, if that guy isn't Urek Mazino it's going to be hard not to feel a little disappointed about it; which would be a brutal introduction for a new character.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be awesome if he is really mazino. but i think it would be awesome, more because i like his character introduction until now ( kinda dumb, sleeping there, with his name on his back), less that it really is mazino. So even if he isn´t mazino, i started to like him already and if it isn´t mazino, i sure hope mazino is also a (yet) funny guy like him, doing random stuff like sleeping in a monster on F21.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Though I suppose it would be a funny thing for SIU to troll fans on, build audiences anticipation up only to let them down. I mean, if that guy isn't Urek Mazino it's going to be hard not to feel a little disappointed about it; which would be a brutal introduction for a new character.
    Hahaha, SIU trolling his fans? You still has any doubts about that? SIU is the Master of trolling (the best example is ofc Yu Han Sung xD ).
    I think he writes TOG just to make us suffer from waiting the next chapter.
    So Jammin dont ever doubt SIU Trolling abilities ^^.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Hahaha, SIU trolling his fans? You still has any doubts about that? SIU is the Master of trolling (the best example is ofc Yu Han Sung xD ).
    I think he writes TOG just to make us suffer from waiting the next chapter.
    So Jammin dont ever doubt SIU Trolling abilities ^^.
    Oh I don't doubt it for a second, but think about what this would mean for the poor idiot.

Ringmaster SIU: "Introducing the amazing Mazino!"

Audience: *a deafening roar of cheers and applause*

Mazino: "Hey, everybody my name's Paul Mazino from New Jersey and I like to sleep in random giant fish/cows."
    Audience:

It's hard for me to imagine that SIU would want to invoke that reaction.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 29, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast