Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay Life Crib: That's pretty troll

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wolf's Den, beware of howling

Enjoy
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's just embarrassing ^^

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you buy guild wars 2? I am considering it myself...
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did, but it was a very underwhelming game for me. I only got to lvl 35 before I grew too bored to bother logging in.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I c, Then I won't bother with it. It looked interesting in trailers.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it looked amazing, but I found the questing hilariously enough super boring. It feels funny saying I prefer the WoW quest style that is so boring on paper. I only really had a single day where I was all "I can't stop playing", which I normally have for weeks when I e.g. start playing WoW.

Overall my main issues were:

Gameplay:
    Too few skills. You have 5 core abilities depending on which weapon combo you choose, and you get all these in the span of a few kills. All other abilities are either passive buffs (with a use) or cooldowns. As you can tell the variety really lacks. In addition you never feel like you "become awesome", since everything scales. Sure killing lowbie mobs does become easier as you get % better gear than you had in that level, plus you only get scaled down "the necessary levels", so you could e.g. be scaled down to lvl 8 while killing lvl 6 mobs. But in current levels you always feel rather weak as the mobs hit hard and you need to play really seriously to play well with all the dodging and all. One would think that being given a challenge would be interesting, but to me I grew bored. I thought perhaps it was my Thief class, so I tried another, but nothing really changed.

Questing/Leveling:
    The levels are too slow and static. I really like how it's done in e.g. Diablo and WoW. Blizzard has IMO mastered the art of leveling and game progression. Getting levels fast in the beginning and slower as you progress, but the rewards are worth the wait. In GW2 you get all your core abilities right away, and all you really have to wait for is unlocking more slots to place buffs/cooldowns in. Super static and feels very dull. In addition the leveling is almost constant. What I mean is it's not a big difference between how fast you reach level 1-2 and 34-35

------

These are my main issues, but I have a lot of minor ones too that I won't bother listing e.g. the gear design looks EXACTLY THE SAME (like 3 different noob outfits all look crap) for eternity. I still see lvl 70+ guys walk around with the same crap looking gear I do. So damn boring when you get new gear and it looks the same as your previous piece... Overall it felt like a huge miss for me. Nice graphics though.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that someone who plays GW2 for the PvE simply misses the real purpose of the game. This game is rather known to be a PvP game, despite the bones they give you for the PvE side.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. I did test out the WvW, but that was just super dull IMO. I felt like I was massively wasting my time there. I suppose the real PvP is better, but I still have the same issues with the gameplay which just lacks too much variation for me.

I mean comparingly, in D3 where there's only ever 6 abilities active at once makes it work because you have such a large amount of abilities to choose from. You could technically make a build around any ability, even if some builds are better than others. In GW2 you're forced to spam the same 5 abilities really, for the Thief it's mostly about using 3 abilities (one of them being an auto-attack...), and from what I've heard it's much the same for other classes. When 1-5 is your only real "spam" abilities, and one of them is even an auto-attack, things don't exactly feel varied...

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say Nuno, Borderlands has only 1 active ability (with the possiblity of powering up some skills in the highest tier that might give you some extra stuff to do while the active is on) with passives being the rest of the skills but the sheer amount of items that drop really make up for it (different elements that have to be used against different mobs, not to mention different grenade skills like blackhole or life leech etc.). But ultimately it's one of those very quickly done games and I in no way would have bothered if it was any longer.

In other words it's a bummer/really dull there's only 5 skills in GW2, since the variety of skills is really the only way I'd be able to enjoy an (mmo)rpg.
    Tiger, Tiger.

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    That's true. I did test out the WvW, but that was just super dull IMO. I felt like I was massively wasting my time there. I suppose the real PvP is better, but I still have the same issues with the gameplay which just lacks too much variation for me.

I mean comparingly, in D3 where there's only ever 6 abilities active at once makes it work because you have such a large amount of abilities to choose from. You could technically make a build around any ability, even if some builds are better than others. In GW2 you're forced to spam the same 5 abilities really, for the Thief it's mostly about using 3 abilities (one of them being an auto-attack...), and from what I've heard it's much the same for other classes. When 1-5 is your only real "spam" abilities, and one of them is even an auto-attack, things don't exactly feel varied...
    Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    I have to say Nuno, Borderlands has only 1 active ability (with the possiblity of powering up some skills in the highest tier that might give you some extra stuff to do while the active is on) with passives being the rest of the skills but the sheer amount of items that drop really make up for it (different elements that have to be used against different mobs, not to mention different grenade skills like blackhole or life leech etc.). But ultimately it's one of those very quickly done games and I in no way would have bothered if it was any longer.

In other words it's a bummer/really dull there's only 5 skills in GW2, since the variety of skills is really the only way I'd be able to enjoy an (mmo)rpg.
    In my opinion, the best mmo maker is NCSOFT. I enjoyed Aion so much and spent countless hours playing it. I'm also gonna pick Tera over any other online game out there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even going to say how many hours I've played WoW. Or well... days. I've never really tried any MMO other than GW2, and partly GW1.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Mage finally did it. Good for him, I was hoping he wouldn't die after last I saw him (94), that would suck. I was right after all, they don't dare go outside act 1, haha. I got to try his build, it looks pretty wicked with Arcane Orb. Well, next time I resume playing that is. No idea if the patch will have changed it then.

And lol, the one who was behind him for months was Summoner (witch doc), and he's RIP at 81 now. Oh jeez.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Patch is tomorrow (today by the time you read this) --> time to test out D3 again with the infernal machine and stuff then let it rest until PvP
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Today? Nothing yet at least.

I think I will let it rest anyway, or who knows. Maybe I will try it a bit. But I already killed the Warden or whatever in act 3 on the public test realm on MP3. It was freaking hard since I insisted on being in melee with my wiz.. Didn't drop shit, but naturally so since I had no NV buffs. I merely went to check its power out. It SPAMS frozen like no tomorrow and you lose heavy HP by just standing in the unreleased frozen areas.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast