Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 2003

Thread: Bay Life Crib: That's pretty troll

  1. #451
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Well I can't take this award seriously. The Walking Dead The Game sounds like utter crap. I know I don't know anything about it, but how on earth can that game really be that good? Take in mind I love the series.

    Sounds like biased nomination dudes. I haven't heard AC3 being THAT good either.
    Let's just say I just read a review from my favorite (French) videogame website, the team is overall quite demanding comparing to the rest of the videogame press... It got a 9+/10 which is extremely rare in this website, and noted by the most demanding one (and jaded) among them. It has his part of subjectivity like any reviews of course but well, this with the overall very good ranking from the rest of the press and players, I guess I'll try to get it after my hellish year.

    It seems to be faithful to the comics's spirit, to be filled with cruel dilemmas, a story without gloves, an Ending.... (you're following a different group than the one in the comics), but not recommended to the depressive player.

  2. #452
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Let's just say I just read a review from my favorite (French) videogame website, the team is overall quite demanding comparing to the rest of the videogame press... It got a 9+/10 which is extremely rare in this website, and noted by the most demanding one (and jaded) among them. It has his part of subjectivity like any reviews of course but well, this with the overall very good ranking from the rest of the press and players, I guess I'll try to get it after my hellish year.

    It seems to be faithful to the comics's spirit, to be filled with true dilemmas, a story without gloves, an Ending.... (you're following a different group than the one in the comics), but not recommended to the depressive player.
    The game is totally on par with the series, at least story-wise. I thouroughly enjoyed it, it makes you think quite a lot. After finishing the last episode yesterday (great ending) I actually thought of replaying it too see how the story changes when you make other choices.

  3. #453
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The game is totally on par with the series, at least story-wise. I thouroughly enjoyed it, it makes you think quite a lot. After finishing the last episode yesterday (great ending) I actually thought of replaying it too see how the story changes when you make other choices.
    Well I reported the main good points but the review (as expected from this reviewer) also pointed its flaws, among them is that you will probably enjoy it way less than the first run the moment you know the major events and reveals the artifical side of some choices. This and some technicals problems or paces. But the first run (with its illusion) seems to work very well to the point it overshadow the flaws.

  4. #454
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Well I reported the main good points but the review (as expected from this reviewer) also pointed its flaws, among them is that you will probably enjoy it way less than the first run the moment you know the major events and reveals the artifical side of some choices. This and some technicals problems or paces. But the first run (with its illusion) seems to work very well to the point it overshadow the flaws.
    Yes it's not perfect. It certainly is too easy, you won't have a problem clearing the game. It's no big deal for me but I would have preferred the game being a bit more difficult. Then there are a few stretched part. there are two times are so where I actually started to feel slightly bored. Just a bit but I noticed it.

    The game lives because of it's strong story and characters and was totally worth every minute. Nowadays there aren't a lot of games where you are like "shit, what do I do now?!". You have to make some very horrible choices and time is limited so I often catched myself thinking of I really did the right thing there. That's what I loved most about the game, you think hard about the choices you have to make/you did make. That + the atmosphere make up for rather weak riddles and easy (but entertaining) action parts.

  5. #455
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Well niichan-bro, I guess that you don't have a problem with a game being difficult as long as it gives you a good story right? That's the reason why I disagree with the majority of my friends when we discuss video games ... I LOVE difficult challenges and I think that the most entertaining aspect of video games is that feeling you get after clearing a very challenging situation ^^ man... Dark Souls satisfied my hunger for challenges. Especially after I started performing challenges and shit, like fighting bosses with no pots or without armor I did that alot in the old days... (I'm planning to finish black ops 2 while using the handgun in all stages when I get it :S).

    About making choices ... Dishonored had this too but in a completely different way. You choose to either kill or spare your enemies. You can use a non-lethal approach when clearing missions and they always remind you that the more people you kill, the darker the ending was.
    You can easily tell the ending I got ... It was so dark it didn't show up on the screen I killed every last NPC even civilians

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #456
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Meh, it makes me kind of sad to reflect on the concept of "hard games" lately. D3 has been so nerfed to the bone, it's ridiculous. It was so fun back in May when I was wiping my ass off from being touched once in Inferno. Now I clear those bitches like it's Normal mode. Sure I have breathtaking gear, but it's still so easy if I go noob-mode again. I felt so awesome when I played well back then. I guess I really do need to go Hardcore mode again. There's just something that's exciting about not being able to die.

    Nothing beats old SNES games anyway in terms of difficulty. I've said this in numerous threads including Shin's thread before
    Last edited by 3c; November 22, 2012 at 06:36 PM.


  8. #457
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Why don't you try Dark Souls?

    That game is famous for its difficulty.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #458
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Oh really? I might need to check it out then.


  11. #459
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    Well niichan-bro, I guess that you don't have a problem with a game being difficult as long as it gives you a good story right? That's the reason why I disagree with the majority of my friends when we discuss video games ... I LOVE difficult challenges and I think that the most entertaining aspect of video games is that feeling you get after clearing a very challenging situation ^^ man... Dark Souls satisfied my hunger for challenges. Especially after I started performing challenges and shit, like fighting bosses with no pots or without armor I did that alot in the old days... (I'm planning to finish black ops 2 while using the handgun in all stages when I get it :S).

    About making choices ... Dishonored had this too but in a completely different way. You choose to either kill or spare your enemies. You can use a non-lethal approach when clearing missions and they always remind you that the more people you kill, the darker the ending was.
    You can easily tell the ending I got ... It was so dark it didn't show up on the screen I killed every last NPC even civilians
    The Walking Dead's difficulty lies elsewhere, killing zombies seems minor (just like the zombies are not the main point of the comics), it's about relationship with your companions in a survival mode.

    Anyway, I can appreciate both side (difficulty or story), it seems you simply misunderstood the purpose of this game when you bought (?) it.

    Did you try meat boy ? It seems exactly to be the kind of game you'd enjoy.
    Catherine is also known to be extremely difficult.
    Maybe Frozen Synapse too.

    ---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Meh, it makes me kind of sad to reflect on the concept of "hard games" lately. D3 has been so nerfed to the bone, it's ridiculous. It was so fun back in May when I was wiping my ass off from being touched once in Inferno. Now I clear those bitches like it's Normal mode. Sure I have breathtaking gear, but it's still so easy if I go noob-mode again. I felt so awesome when I played well back then. I guess I really do need to go Hardcore mode again. There's just something that's exciting about not being able to die.

    Nothing beats old SNES games anyway in terms of difficulty. I've said this in numerous threads including Shin's thread before
    Said the one who enjoyed to return at Act 1 to feel godly.

  12. #460
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Godly, back then..? Oh Gats, you know nothing. Maybe you should look my wizard up on d3.com.


  13. #461
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    I was mentioning your Demon Hunter, back in the days.

    Your wizard was overpowered since day 1 since it's a reroll you gave her a ton of stuff.

  14. #462
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    I know you were. My point was that my DH back then was so ungodly compared to my wizard now, and how she's been for a while


  15. #463
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On a tree
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Heroes of Newerth grand finals at DreamHack Winter right now. Winner team gets 240.000 sek :x (http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacktv). For some reason it's double the prize of dota2!
    Tiger, Tiger.


    Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

  16. #464
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Can't watch as I'm on my phone. Will be back home tomorrow night. Never played that game though.


  17. #465
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On a tree
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Prison of Joy: Confess Your Sins

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Can't watch as I'm on my phone. Will be back home tomorrow night. Never played that game though.
    Doesn't matter. You've already played Dota and LoL so you'll get pretty much all of it. Speaking of which, the grand finals at DHW of Dota 2 is running now with Evil Geniuses vs Nth with former HoN players (Loda, Akke, S4 <-- former second best HoN team) and so far a really awesome play by nth in the 2nd game.
    Tiger, Tiger.


    Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Thread Closed
Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts