Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay Life Crib: That's pretty troll

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picking Your Nose Is Life Essential

he's contradicting himself.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not black! And yes, I'm going for the opposite effect.

(The other colors sadly just looked... not so good)

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it looks black to me, but could be dark gray as well, didn't notice.

Idk if I told you, but your avi is pretty cool.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad. White would be the best but it looks poor on our coffee theme. We should have had a dark theme like before *wink*

Oh why thank you. It's one of the better Gin fanarts I've seen around. I have a lot of other cool ones too. The smoking white haired dude I had earlier was also Gin, albeit a mix of Gin and my second favorite in Gintama, Hijikata Toushirou. When will you get a Rukia that isn't sleeping?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been begging for a dark theme since forever ;_;

I don't remember your avatar before this one >_<
    And well, I have one ready to use, it only needs resizing, but after that it could get more difficult... No Photoshop ^^ And online stuff just sucks xD
    I'm kinda lazy to download an editor >_>

What's wrong with sleeping? I'm in winter hibernation state.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I can always resize for you, don't worry ^^

Yeah, maybe we got to beg some more.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot I can access your past avis xDD Yeah you wore it before I started watching CG I think and I thought it's someone from there xD

....wait clicking the avatar didn't redirect to user profile before right? o.o

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hi how are stuff?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I forgot I can access your past avis xDD Yeah you wore it before I started watching CG I think and I thought it's someone from there xD

....wait clicking the avatar didn't redirect to user profile before right? o.o
    S;G*

If there were someone that cool in S;G you would have fangirled so hard

Not sure to be honest. I guess it did.

Quote Originally Posted by blai View Post
    hi how are stuff?
    Stuff is pretty good. Just applied for abroad universities, so that's cool. I'm finally in a somewhat calm period after a hectic exam period that ended yesterday, so I'm enjoying that.

Heard you are moving on Thursday? Excited?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Hasegawa is so epic. That much that always plays when he does something, so hilarious

Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon indeed, that episode is just priceless. I rewatch it every now and then
    I wouldn't call him epic yet but I guess you've seen way more about him than I have.

Btw, did you watch the two new Berserk movies?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasegawa is awesome. I watched another episode with him last night, so funneh.

No, not yet. I should really get to it... Or maybe I should just wait for the third to come out subbed, so I can watch them all.

Were you satisfied?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasegawa is awesome. I watched another episode with him last night, so funneh.

No, not yet. I should really get to it... Or maybe I should just wait for the third to come out subbed, so I can watch them all.

Were you satisfied?
    That might not be a bad idea. The third movie will be released on friday so I guess we will get subs in August at earliest but from what I've seen so far, the third looks like the best

Spoiler show

Satisfied? Partly I guess. My main complain is that they cut a damn lot of the social interactions between the characters. Not really that big of a deal who've read the manga but for people who only watched the films the you know what will have a way lesser impact. Seriously, if I didn't know the manga the bonds between the characters would look pretty shallow (with the exception of Griffith and Casca).
    That's my main complaint, though like I said it does not matter that much for manga readers but I want other people to see the epicness of Berserk too and character build is one of it's strongest points

Besides that it's pretty good, the first movie has some pretty weird looking animations though. Not that bad but, well... weird and not to the taste of many, me included. You can see they improved a damn lot in the second movie so I'm keeping my hopes high that the last movie will be perfect, animation-wise.

Here's a full world trailer that shows some scenes from every movie, I think that will give you a pretty good idea:

(btw that song at the end is the theme song of the movies, I love it)

And if you're interested, here's the trailer for the third movie:

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I got kind of hyped again now, so I'll download them and see if I feel like watching them or not. Won't watch any tonight either way.

I can see that being a problem, but that's generally the problem with all movie adaptations of manga and anime series. Much of the "in between" important details lose priority. Then subjective opinions start weighing in on "that moment was more important than that, why did they not include the former instead?" etc. It's a bother. I always like to think that epic movie adaptations will create new fans, who hopefully will deepen themselves in the series by reading or watching the respective manga, novel or anime. I know I would if it was epic enough. You'd want to learn everything.

I guess I will have to watch the movies to judge the animation.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I got kind of hyped again now, so I'll download them and see if I feel like watching them or not. Won't watch any tonight either way.

I can see that being a problem, but that's generally the problem with all movie adaptations of manga and anime series. Much of the "in between" important details lose priority. Then subjective opinions start weighing in on "that moment was more important than that, why did they not include the former instead?" etc. It's a bother. I always like to think that epic movie adaptations will create new fans, who hopefully will deepen themselves in the series by reading or watching the respective manga, novel or anime. I know I would if it was epic enough. You'd want to learn everything.

I guess I will have to watch the movies to judge the animation.
    I've become the top poster in your thread (besides you, obviously)

Well the trailers are great so I understand if you're hyped. The problem here isn't even "Is that or that more important?", they're leaving out pretty much everything that's not absolutely necessary for the main story (which reduces it a lot. It's about attracting new fans and this definitely is a downer for everyone who only watched the movie, thus my complaint. Let's hope it will though, at least we got one new Berserk fan. IIRC it was babs who told us a friend of hers watched the movie and liked it so much that he started the manga

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what's up with my amount of posts compared to others. People, post more between my posts...

You'll have more posts here if you continue enjoying Gintama.

Sounds pretty bad indeed. I can't do anything but judge for myself, but I can imagine what you're talking about. We can only hope it attracts a lot of new fans, that's a big reason for creating movie adaptions in the first place, to expand the franchise.

Thread Closed
Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast