Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2003

Thread: Bay Life Crib: That's pretty troll

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3c goes charity: Vote for his new avatar!

Naaaaw! BBlz, nuno might just pickup avatar 2 on his own later on, no reason to not troll someone asking for it...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

That kinda sucks. I like the manga (despite putting it on hold because of how confusing it's drawn) and it's not done yet. I smell another Claymore anime (with good run until it sucks in the last couple of eps and nobody else picking it up later on)
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post

That kinda sucks. I like the manga (despite putting it on hold because of how confusing it's drawn) and it's not done yet. I smell another Claymore anime (with good run until it sucks in the last couple of eps and nobody else picking it up later on)
    no...no jinx

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    no...no jinx

How is that jinx? Manga is not finished yet. More often than not they go for a Psyren-like rushed ending in the end. Anime like the old FMA are rare imo and take changing parts of the story from the get-go.

Alternatively they could go the suddenly cutting and stopping part. No idea if that's better or not
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is that jinx? Manga is not finished yet. More often than not they go for a Psyren-like rushed ending in the end. Anime like the old FMA are rare imo and take changing parts of the story from the get-go.

Alternatively they could go the suddenly cutting and stopping part. No idea if that's better or not
    you are crushing my hopes...

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than Claymore, they could follow the plan Nodame Cantobile followed. Animate a portion of the series, wait for more chapters to accumulate, then air another twelve episodes. It's pretty unlikely that they will air 48 straight episodes, like Full Metal Alchemist. And the manga is far more popular than Claymore ever was. Shingeki could easily sustain a multi-season franchise.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

scav, charlie... we're going to win!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

#2 doesn't look much different from his own previous avatar choices. meh.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

but that "Hey bitch, I'm so cool!" creepy look just fits him so much

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    #2 doesn't look much different from his own previous avatar choices. meh.
    A little sleazier, but otherwise more of the same. I'd have preferred the mule.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Rather than Claymore, they could follow the plan Nodame Cantobile followed. Animate a portion of the series, wait for more chapters to accumulate, then air another twelve episodes. It's pretty unlikely that they will air 48 straight episodes, like Full Metal Alchemist. And the manga is far more popular than Claymore ever was. Shingeki could easily sustain a multi-season franchise.
    Hopefully, though it'll all be decided by the ratings. Hopefully the japanese small kids get better taste in anime than moe moe moe while this is still running~
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First airing is at 1am, ratings should be non-existent. BD sales will be a factor, but sales thresholds always seem to be relatively low.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea they aired stuff at 1-am. They really take this no blood shown to kids seriously, huh.

Well, if it's a low threshold then it shouldn't be that bad.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most channels have late night anime blocks now. It's not just for anime with mature content either. A lot of the bishoujo anime, romantic comedy, and light novel adaptions air late now too. Oreimo first airs at midnight, Oregairu at 2am, Hataraku Maou-sama! at 10pm. All are pretty benign shows, with no mature content. That's just how the industry works now. I think all but one of the series I am watching this season air late at night in Japan.

It's almost impossible to judge what is good and bad with BD sales. The figures are relatively low. Very few series sell more than 10,000 copies per volume. They are exceptionally expensive, usually about €40-50 per volume, with only 2 - 4 episodes per volume. What makes a show second season worthy seems an entirely internal matter impossible to judge from the outside. Some very popular shows never get sequels, others have sequels announced immediately (Magi, Little Busters). Some shows that only seem marginally popular get multiple sequels. It's hard to make predictions, even judging by content.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 07, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Most channels have late night anime blocks now. It's not just for anime with mature content either. A lot of the bishoujo anime, romantic comedy, and light novel adaptions air late now too. Oreimo first airs at midnight, Oregairu at 2am, Hataraku Maou-sama! at 10pm on. All are pretty benign shows, with no mature content. That's just how the industry works now.

It's almost impossible to judge what is good and bad with BD sales. The figures are relatively low. Very few series sell more than 10,000 copies per volume. They are exceptionally expensive, usually about €40-50 per volume, with only 2 - 4 episodes per volume. What makes a show second season worthy seems an entirely internal matter impossible to judge from the outside. Some very popular shows never get sequels, others have sequels announced immediately (Magi, Little Busters). Some shows that only seem marginally popular get multiple sequels.
    not just japan...here to...
    12am is the top slot here for anime...basically...
    don't you miss the days when we could watch pokemon before work...then after work watch DBZ and Tenchi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Anime in Japan is like the Adult Swim block here, with shows starting at 10PM, and running until about 3AM. I never really watched Pokemon, DBZ, or Naruto. I used to watch Adult Swim when Inuyasha, FMA, and Bleach were on. I haven't watched that in a while though.

Thread Closed
Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast