Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay Life Crib: That's pretty troll

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alpha World Line

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    TdS is pretty much made against Northug, lol. They even figured "oh, Northug wins every sprint in the second last lap in Val de Fiemme if they're on the flat land. Let's put them on top of the hills!" Pft. Oh well, he'll crush people in the WC, that'll be fun. Running up an alpine slope has absolutely nothing to do with x-country skiing, I think it's pretty dull to be honest that they have such a lap included... Just look at Johaug, she's so light and good at climbing that she can consume almost 2 minutes on the estimated strongest skiiers in the alpine slope, wtf... Such a lap is just retarded.

Really, as long as Cologna didn't win I'm happy. Having the same winner every year is just dull (although you could say the same about Northug in the WCs to some extent).

I didn't follow the jumping a lot. Too bad about Jacobsen, but a second place is also very good. Still, a shame. And he even wore "hax shoes"
    Well I think it's a fun slope. Dunno if it's that fair but I think it's an interesting idea that makes this a special event (though I get your point, you can definitely question if the "Best Skiier" is someone who can climb a hill On the other hand it's not really that bad if you dominate your opponents beforehand, like Kowalzcyk did/Cologna did in past events )

Same winners all the time are dull, without a doubt. It's just that I don't trust the russians when it comes to sports where you can easily manipulate/ where manipulating helps a lot. With their performance pretty much going up and down and all the positive drug tests in the last few years I just can't shake of the general suspicion when it comes to Russians (especially when it comes to endurance sports).

Haha, the fuss about the shoes was so silly the austrians went nuts about it, just ridiculous.

I haven't. Perhaps I should check it out.

I still have about 100 episodes of Gintama left, but that's a show I can catch up to slowly over a great amount of time. I'll consider it. I read the synopsis before and it sounded interesting.
    Definitely worth checking out. You will probably like the first episode, then it's going a bit so-so for a few episodes but when it gets back to the main plot the quality improves quite a lot. Pretty sure you will enjoy it.

And that's coming from someone who wasn't amazed by Madoka either (same guy behind the plot, Gen Gen Urobuchi) so give it a try

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alpha World Line

I must admit I have slight doubts regarding Russians by way of bias. It's not a nice way of thinking, but I can't help it sometimes. However this time I'm pretty confident Legkov is clean. The major difference this year and years before is that TdS was two laps shorter, giving less room for error. Only one sprint definitely helps Legkov too, as he's usually not a good sprinter. Then we have the convenient change of sprints in the second-last lap (in Val de Fiemme), where the sprints have been placed on top of tough hills instead of on the flat land (been in effect two years now). This is a huge bonus for skiiers like Legkov who excel in climbing. Northug for instance won every single sprint in Val de Fiemme two years ago, when they were on flat land, gaining a massive amount of bonus seconds (but still too far behind Cologna due to previous mistakes in the Tour). The change which was first in effect last year didn't affect Legkov then as he was knocked out with swine influenza mid-Tour last season, and thus had to cancel his participation.

In reality I'm glad the Russians are doing well. If they are indeed clean, it's only a bonus for international cross-country skiing. The Russians have been good the past years, but not quite there on the top. Now they've gotten a real achievement, more than can be said for a long time. Now we only need the Germans to pick up the slack so that competition becomes more balanced again. Did I mention Norway desperately needs better male skiiers? Apart from Northug we are overall a sad bunch.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picking Your Nose Is Life Essential

Have you catch up with the latest episode of Gintama? I mean, the Kintoki arc?

The best arc is going to be animated next week, I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet. I'm only at 157 I'm afraid. Going slowly with a few eps/day.

An arc that tops Benizakura and Yoshiwara?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet. I'm only at 157 I'm afraid. Going slowly with a few eps/day.

An arc that tops Benizakura and Yoshiwara?
    Yes, the arc which was started today consist one of the chapters where Gintama ranked first in JUMP TOC, beating all the so-called big three back then. Woah, you still have a long way to go, there are more amazing arcs which could top Benizakura, but not sure about Yoshiwara. The second Yoshiwara arc is also really awesome.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A long, enjoyable way to go is a more accurate way of putting it.

That's interesting news to me. I thought Benizakura was widely regarded as the most popular (best) arc. Personally I rank Yoshiwara above it.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you like any pairings in Naruto?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Obito x Madara

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Obito x Madara
    Nah bro, that's your field. I'm more of the Hashirama x Madara kind of guy. Such bromance went on there. Poor Madara is devastated for being left alone. Luckily he has his lover's face stuck to his chest, forever in synch with his heartbeat.

On a serious note, not really darj. I used to like Sakura x Naruto. I'm cool with Naruto x Hinata despite being a hater years ago. Kishi warmed me up, but I find it a really unnatural development, and completely idiotic on Sakura's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not going to watch episode 16. I don't want to know T_T

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Obito x Madara
    Boring pairing. Everyone knows Obito is the boss. Sasuke x Himself is my favorite pairing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not going to watch episode 16. I don't want to know T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Boring pairing. Everyone knows Obito is the boss. Sasuke x Himself is my favorite pairing.
    Sasuke x Himself can get rather creepy. He calls his partner "niisan" and looks like a freak when doing it.

Hashirama x Madara however is pure romance. On top of that Kishi made a symbolic gesture by putting Hashirama on Madara's chest, at his heart's location. Now they are forever in synch in Madara's immortal body.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh.... so when I wrote that I had actually already watched 16 XD I thought it was 15; and I was afraid there's gonna be a "hah-you-thought-she-was-safe?" moment in 16. XD So you were talking about that. Hm, although I did like her in the end, I didn't really get enough time to be so fond of her as to be too sad about the ep. xD

/heartless

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

/continues watching

So at first I'm like, omg what will happen with Mayuri, then I'm like ufff nothing will, I only read the number wrong, and then I'm like No.

;_;

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How heartless

I cried manly tears during episode 16! The music was too damn sad.

I guess what made the difference is that I liked her from the start. I knew something was off about her from the start, so I knew she had a reason to dislike The Zombiiiieee. When more was revealed about her (ep 14?) I instantly started assuming a lot of things and thus got more attached and fond of Suzu.
    Last edited by 3c; January 13, 2013 at 06:02 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast