Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Will M-24 make it through this arc alive?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

4 100.00%
  • Not only will he survive, but he and M-21 will get together romantically; driving a dagger right through Jammin's heart.

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 247 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 247 Review

Not much to say here so...

Onto the review!

Chapter Summary

A man punches at you with all his might so you....punch him in the fist!? Who taught these guys how to fight?

This week starts off with Sangeen, Yontsu, M-21, Tao, and Takeo all investigating the site of M-24's last little tussle. They agree that whoever is doing this damage isn't particularly strong, strong being a highly relative term, but are concerned with what other things the investigators the union is likely to send will find out. With this in mind, Sangeen and Yontsu decide to handle the KSA end of this incident themselves to make hiding anything easier.

Meanwhile, a battered M-24 continues to run the gauntlet across the city and gets ambushed by 3 more of Crombel's goon-squad. This 3 finally bring him down but not far away the whole gang from school is walking home from a night of gaming. Regis, Seira, and Raizel notice the commotion and vanish; surprising Shin Woo and the rest.

When they arrive M-24 is down and helpless but he seems to recognize Raizel. One of goons yells at them and Regis asks that he not yell, as it's "inelegant". The goonsquad takes this as a provocation and attacks. Which, needless to say, does not go well.

Just after the goonsquad is defeated (a.k.a. 1 second later), Sangeen and Yontsu arrive. They suggest taking everyone into custody and passing along where so Tao can come work on sorting things out later. As they are speaking, Raizel looks at M-24 but it's unclear if he recognizes him and M-24 looks increasingly uncomfortable; and is covering his ears for some reason. What does all this mean, we'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Chapter Review

He says, as he looks at a man-sized hole in the wall of a building....

Substance

Things are moving along, a little. M-24 seems to be at his limit but without knowing what was done to him by Crombel there is no telling what surprises may be in store from him. He's in good hands now but I suppose he's likely to think the KSA's group are no better than Crombel's goons.

Despite Tao's expectation of investigators from the Union, with Crombel keeping this situation off their radar it will be interesting to see if they actually arrive or if he sends Yuri or another one of his people instead. Also the 9th Elder was also directing his attention in this general direction, so seeing him or his people arrive with no knowledge of this incident wouldn't be a surprise either.

Not much else to say really.

Presentation

The art seemed back to "normal" this week. For the past 2 weeks it's looked fairly shoddy by Noblesse standards. While there wasn't anything I would call spectacular, the detail was there and the lighting and shading was solid. The backgrounds were unpolished but they were there when they needed to be.

Pacing was fine, though it's hard for me to rate this accurately this time as I'm just not a fan of this M-24 storyline which results in this whole mini-arc dragging almost from the start; but I attribute this more to "me" than "the chapter" because everything seems fine from a technical viewpoint.

Overall Rating

This was a relatively short and intensely average chapter. Which makes it an improvement over the last few weeks. Hopefully that will turn around now that the plot is moving forward a bit more than it has been.

I give it a 3 out of 5

My Prediction
    • M-24 will go berserk on the KSA people (possibly killing Sangeen *fingers crossed*)

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 17-18)

Nothing proven or disproven.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What will be M-24's fate?
    Last edited by Jammin; August 31, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 246 Review

Personally, I think M-24 just took the pose "I'm not dangerous, I won't attack, I'm not even here, don't mind me", to prevent Rai from attacking/guarding the others (looks like he's remembering how it felt, when he punched Rai for the first time and it did nothing). Probably he knows, that Rai is his only chance to get from the hands of the Union at this moment (only one familiar character he can trust (maybe) out of those on the scene) and piss him off right now with "inproper" stance is dangerously equal to suicide.
    Being as passive and defenseless as possible is the best thing M-24 could do in this situation.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jitt View Post
    Personally, I think M-24 just took the pose "I'm not dangerous, I won't attack, I'm not even here, don't mind me", to prevent Rai from attacking/guarding the others (looks like he's remembering how it felt, when he punched Rai for the first time and it did nothing). Probably he knows, that Rai is his only chance to get from the hands of the Union at this moment (only one familiar character he can trust (maybe) out of those on the scene) and piss him off right now with "inproper" stance is dangerously equal to suicide.
    Being as passive and defenseless as possible is the best thing M-24 could do in this situation.
    That's a distinct possibility, but it looks to me like he's clutching his head in pain or something. I guess we'll find out one way or another next week.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Will M-24 make it through this arc alive?
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty average indeed.
    well at least it had some noble vs union action even if it was fast and not much of a threat.
    Hopes this arc ends soon so the plot can move forward.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 247 Review

I'm sorry to say that M-24 is living on borrowed time. I think he's been experimented on since he was 'rescued' from death and it's pretty much the end of the road for him. The final nail in the coffin will likely be the kids not remembering him when they see him. They took away his Heroic end and gave him a Sad end. Just another excuse to beat up Crombel.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply