Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible Shots in Table Tennis From Prince of Tennis

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible Shots in Table Tennis From Prince of Tennis

True, Laser isn't useless, I always mix it with Golf Swing from anime.
    Viking Horn loses it's element of surprise because court is not that big, you can't generate any threatening spin, and power is lower than a forehand. It's just not usefull, imo. Albeit it is possible to hit

If you're gonna go with that explanation for Phantom, the thing is, you can call any shot Phantom then.. Be it a strong smash, a super spin, a direct flat shot directed at great angle, drop shot.. Basically, in both tennis and ping pong (squash and badminton also) with every shot, you're hoping your opponent will not return it, or will return it out of bounds/in the net.

What makes Phantom what it is, is the ridiculous amount of spin Tezuka uses to perform it (6x amount of spin used by Tezuka Zone). If we assume that amount of spin added by TZ is already pretty decent, than 6x that would be impossible to perform IRL..

Trust me. if there was a way to add so much spin on the ball, the Chinese would already start doing it

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible Shots in Table Tennis From Prince of Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    True, Laser isn't useless, I always mix it with Golf Swing from anime.
    Viking Horn loses it's element of surprise because court is not that big, you can't generate any threatening spin, and power is lower than a forehand. It's just not usefull, imo. Albeit it is possible to hit

If you're gonna go with that explanation for Phantom, the thing is, you can call any shot Phantom then.. Be it a strong smash, a super spin, a direct flat shot directed at great angle, drop shot.. Basically, in both tennis and ping pong (squash and badminton also) with every shot, you're hoping your opponent will not return it, or will return it out of bounds/in the net.

What makes Phantom what it is, is the ridiculous amount of spin Tezuka uses to perform it (6x amount of spin used by Tezuka Zone). If we assume that amount of spin added by TZ is already pretty decent, than 6x that would be impossible to perform IRL..

Trust me. if there was a way to add so much spin on the ball, the Chinese would already start doing it
    Its what I meant, Tezuka Phantom isnt really possible to pull off in a standard rally. The way you'll have to throw your arm to get spin on a ball coming at you quickly is kinda impossible.

Also, I just remember, in Tezuka Phantom, the ball heads to where the opponent aimed it, then magically swerves to the left/right out of the court.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2