Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

  1. #31
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    OP anime sucks since Shabaody arc, fails after fails after fails after fails, there is some good moments here and there, but it's just horrendous in general
    /the end

  2. #32
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    I don´t know whether a link to another forum is allowed, if not then please delete this post:

    A member of APForums makes a condensed version of whole arcs with a 2 chapter pacing, it´s really worth to watch
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=34191

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #33
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I don´t know whether a link to another forum is allowed, if not then please delete this post:

    A member of APForums makes a condensed version of whole arcs with a 2 chapter pacing, it´s really worth to watch
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=34191
    If you have anymore of this, then posted here or send me a pm. Thank so much. I was avoiding the anime. But I would watch this, and is this has subtitle??

  5. #34
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    yep, it´s hardsubbed and the quality is not hd but is definitely enough. he pretty much took out all the filler fights, so basically we have the animated manga in color and with sound. the guy who made this should have already done Impel Down is at the moment doing FI. I have to search for it though

  6. #35
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    MiyamotoMusashi- I just look through his old posts, his make over of some fishman island arc is pretty good. I didn't download because the download thing was way too slow. I saw it via dailymotion.

  7. #36
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The New World
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I don´t know whether a link to another forum is allowed, if not then please delete this post:

    A member of APForums makes a condensed version of whole arcs with a 2 chapter pacing, it´s really worth to watch
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=34191
    I honestly would also be interested in something like that ^ one of the biggest turn offs to the OP Anime is that like 10mins of a 24minute episode goes into the opening song/ending song, what happened previously, what will happen next bull!

    Maybe we should make a separate thread for this?

    "The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

    Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

  8. #37
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Well you could make a new thread but i am not the one who makes those episodes so i do not really know if i have the right to. I just wanted to direct the attention towards it because it makes the anime more enjoyable.

  9. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    The downturn of the anime began at the end of the Water 7 arc, at episode 290 or something, when a new drawing style was introduced. Chopper also got a new and unfitting voice but that wasn't significant. The downturn since then wasn't linear and with many ups in between but the quality diminished steadily.
    Not only they started to unable draw the faces right and started to add more fan service to the extent when you feel like watching an ecchi anime( read this regarding the fan service. It's not clear to me how much Oda is involved in the anime production, so I don't know how to interpret this), they also began to increase the intro length and to stretch every possible moment like in Naruto. But especially since the Sabaody arc even the anime's interpretation and adaptation, respectively, of the manga became worse.
    Last edited by yieps; September 11, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

  10. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    Chopper also got a new and unfitting voice but that wasn't significant.
    That wasn't permanent. Ohtani-san was replaced for episodes 254 to 263 for maternity leave and returned afterwards.

    The new "drawing style" was Naoki Tate who began in Skypiea with whle episodes but then became a complete letdown in Enies Lobby, wasn' it?

  11. #40
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    The downturn of the anime began at the end of the Water 7 arc, at episode 290 or something, when a new drawing style was introduced. Chopper also got a new and unfitting voice but that wasn't significant. The downturn since then wasn't linear and with many ups in between but the quality diminished steadily.
    Not only they started to unable draw the faces right and started to add more fan service to the extent when you feel like watching an ecchi anime( read this regarding the fan service. It's not clear to me how much Oda is involved in the anime production, so I don't know how to interpret this), they also began to increase the intro length and to stretch every possible moment like in Naruto. But especially since the Sabaody arc even the anime's interpretation and adaptation, respectively, of the manga became worse.
    Quality wise (animation), TB arc was nearly the best one there, it's especially after TB that the drawings were awful

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    It takes away A LOT. I'm sorry but I can't say this is a good anime adaptation at all.....the pacing is so slow. Naruto throws flashbacks and fillers everywhere, but at least when it comes to canon material they don't slow everything down.

    Not to mention the huge contradiction with Hordy this arc....in the manga Hordy had no experience with humans. They say this in the anime, yet Hordy has an experience in the anime adaptation. A human tries to kidnap and enslave his friends, and Arlong saves them. Doesn't justify him being a racist psychopath, but it certainly is an experience that makes his hatred look less insane(not saying he doesn't still look insane though) than in the manga where he has nothing.

    One Piece Kai would be a good idea. Of course, God knows how many years until that can happen..........

  13. #42
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    It takes away A LOT. I'm sorry but I can't say this is a good anime adaptation at all.....the pacing is so slow. Naruto throws flashbacks and fillers everywhere, but at least when it comes to canon material they don't slow everything down.

    Not to mention the huge contradiction with Hordy this arc....in the manga Hordy had no experience with humans. They say this in the anime, yet Hordy has an experience in the anime adaptation. A human tries to kidnap and enslave his friends, and Arlong saves them. Doesn't justify him being a racist psychopath, but it certainly is an experience that makes his hatred look less insane(not saying he doesn't still look insane though) than in the manga where he has nothing.

    One Piece Kai would be a good idea. Of course, God knows how many years until that can happen..........
    It won't happen anytime soon tho, nor in the next 10 years even
    They should take some lessons from the Bleach team... I feel seriously mad when I see that a filler arc (Mod Soul filler arc for example and it is the latest one) is : x100000000 better when it comes to a animation, X10000 pacing than your regular OP episode

    If there's one thing I also hate the MOST in the OP anime, is their tendency to screw up with fighting scenes (not sometimes, but a lot of times), while Bleach, when it comes to epic fights, there's not a single fault (even in filler arcs, look for Byakuya vs Kouga, Captains vs Kageroza, Komamura vs Soi Fong etc)

    But one thing is good (or bad maybe), is that there's no filler arc in OP like in Bleach... I don't know if it is good or not honestly, I'd rather have 100 episodes of fillers, rather than mess up with canon stuff... One thing that Kubo is good with is fillers since he's the one who makes them and not the animation team which is good too

  14. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    One thing that Kubo is good with is fillers since he's the one who makes them and not the animation team which is good too
    kubo didnt write the fillers in bleach. he sometimes has materials he couldnt use in the normal manga beacuse of the deadline issues so the anime used them instead. he only creates some chars. and get more involved in the direction it takes. his involvement is more in the movies that he creates a one shot for them something like a treatise and animation team uses those. no mangaka could be involved with all that anime and manga with a weekly schedule. they do have their life too u know..

    about OP anime, or all animes that have gone long enough will have problems with execution of the material. since anime adaptation of a manga comes after 2-4 years depending on the popularity. they start working for that project in the begining for about 6 months so the pacing and animation is always supreme. but when the anime starts catching up to the manga they cant very well say go right faster. so they have 2 options left. filler arcs or slowing the chapters.

    Toei for reasons they themselves know decided more on the 2. option. u can strech a chapter all u want but when u start making up material that doesnt exist it starts to screw the viewing pleasure. @ exacta mentioned hordy situation as a prime example. also what made me not watch the anime with the same enthusiasm like i was back in 1999 was the fact anime is started to show luffy different in light than the other crew members. lines that dont exist to make luffy better is put in. yes he is well liked and all but the real reason why OP is better and much more liked than the other member of the holy trinity was oda always gave the chars. enough of uniqueness and never put any1 above others except for comical effect. even in PH when franky says luffy is great, robin is there to say he jumped the gun.

    Lastly i dont think Toei has enough ppl that is well versed in computer animation. they should continue the anime with hand-drawn computer aid rather than all computer. they screwed alot of the pleasure when deciding to make it CG.

  15. #44
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    kubo didnt write the fillers in bleach. he sometimes has materials he couldnt use in the normal manga beacuse of the deadline issues so the anime used them instead. he only creates some chars. and get more involved in the direction it takes. his involvement is more in the movies that he creates a one shot for them something like a treatise and animation team uses those. no mangaka could be involved with all that anime and manga with a weekly schedule. they do have their life too u know..
    Mostly what Kubo does, is character designs and the plot (not in details), he obviously doesn't have to deal with every details or such and I can't blame him for that, but still, that's better than what other mangaka do as far as I'm concerned

    But that's not the main reason either why Bleach anime > OP anime, as I said, the studio has a role, and Toei is literally butchering the OP anime since TB arc if you ask me, while Bleach kept more or less some consistency when it came to quality (Since the Zanpakuto tales arc, where the quality was consistent and superior to the big three by years and years)

    Usually, the OP animation team seems to avoid fillers arcs and try to stretch episodes as much as possible, while I do understand why, I think it is bad... On the contrary, Naruto for example they stretch/make super lame ass fillers with horrendous animation, lame vilains, it just sucks big time, as for Bleach, the Bount arc for example wasn't half bad, but could've been better, and then that filler arc with Amagai was bad, it was annoying, it was with the Zanpakuto tales arc that it got better leading to the Mod Soul arc which is a masterpiece (only bad thing was fusing between Nozomi/Kageroza, which ruined the vilain, since Kageroza was really cool as a vilain and had a nasty Zanpakuto), and the animation was top notch

    Well, now for FI, there won't be any filler " arc " after it (mainly because they went to PH directly) (filler episodes maybe yes), but no filler arc, which is a shame, the universe of OP is huge, there's many islands out there, he could've just make some characters and their designs, think of a nice story, and that's it

  16. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Well, now for FI, there won't be any filler " arc " after it (mainly because they went to PH directly) (filler episodes maybe yes), but no filler arc, which is a shame, the universe of OP is huge, there's many islands out there, he could've just make some characters and their designs, think of a nice story, and that's it
    I don't really follow this thread eventhough I started it so I may repeats what already been said. But, that same reason didn't stop Bleach from going to filler even if it was in the middle of their Arc or Saga. Second, they do have good enough materials for filler but they choose to do movies instead. Those are really good business ideas. It is a shame though to see something you love turned into shit. I fail to convince my friend to the One Piece series.

    And sometime One Piece fans are delusional too. They actually think that One Piece anime is better than Fairy Tail. One Piece anime is rarely better than anything unless it is one of those stereotypical anime with no substances or shit like bobobobobobobobo.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts