Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does One Piece anime pacing turn people off?

I really don't get how viewers are obsessed with flashy 3d cgi and adobe after effects stuff in both Bleach and Fairy Tail. Yeah, well, they're nice but they can't help making a bad plot (especially filler arcs that are crap in any series) good. The last two/three episodes of One Piece were done pretty well without any glowing stuff, without that many filler scenes but with a normal pacing. And remixing the chapters - which is done since Arabasta arc - was pretty nice, too.

If One Piece was that bad as anime as some say in this thread, there's no way it would have become such a successful anime tv show in Japan. And Bleach ... well, that show got cancelled.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I really don't get how viewers are obsessed with flashy 3d cgi and adobe after effects stuff in both Bleach and Fairy Tail. Yeah, well, they're nice but they can't help making a bad plot (especially filler arcs that are crap in any series) good. The last two/three episodes of One Piece were done pretty well without any glowing stuff, without that many filler scenes but with a normal pacing. And remixing the chapters - which is done since Arabasta arc - was pretty nice, too.

If One Piece was that bad as anime as some say in this thread, there's no way it would have become such a successful anime tv show in Japan. And Bleach ... well, that show got cancelled.
    And why do you think they make anime then if not for good 3d cgi and good animation huh ? If I want the story, Jump is out there to check the story, heck even the Manga > Anime when it comes to portraying emotions too...

And to put Bleach anime in the same basket as FT anime, that's a new one
    Ofc fillers are always crap compared to canon, and we all know they don't make fillers just for the sake of it either so what's your point ?

As for wether it is successful in Japan or not, got any ratings compared too other anime ? I'm curious to see that

Again, what I expect from an anime is : Good soundtrack, good animation, good voices, and that's what an anime is for, when it does have these three elements, then it will be a good anime

And as I said, if I want to know the story, feel emotions etc ----> Manga is this way

P.S : As for Bleach getting cancelled, that was the best decision ever made, the manga will be ahead of the anime now (so no more lovely fillers which means no wasting money on fillers too)

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    And why do you think they make anime then if not for good 3d cgi and good animation huh ?
    There have been TONS of anime before Bleach and Fairy Tail getting along with ZERO 3D cgi and After Effects crap. Bleach and FT simply overuse them.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been TONS of anime before Bleach and Fairy Tail getting along with ZERO 3D cgi and After Effects crap. Bleach and FT simply overuse them.
    Overuse ? Erm nope... Especially Bleach, FT is annoying with magic circles yeah tho
    But I don't get your point, they shouldn't use 3D and such ? Why would they stick to the old methods ?
    But you know very well that the problem with OP isn't even that, should I remind you that back at Amazon Lilly arc or not ? The thing is, the OP anime team don't even bother to draw shit correctly sometimes (or a lot) and make some ridiculous things (should I remind you of the war too ?)

Heck, even Evangelion is better than OP anime and yet I don't see much 3D you don't seem to enjoy

And don't let me begin about the fluidity of fights and such, or else I would write a book just how about OP anime is bad after TB arc

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Overuse ? Erm nope... Especially Bleach
    Bullcrap. There is not a single fight without loop scenes or stills with nothing but mouth animation. Not a single fight without glowing (After Effects), TONS of motion lines (Pokemon syndrome). If you look close enough, there's still TONS of errors.

And the Zenpachi vs. Nnoitra fight also had off drawings and bad inbetween animation - for example. Oh yeah, and when they come to the scene in which the camera circles around them has a pretty bad error: The background spins much too slow.

One Piece just lacks of the 3D CGI and After Effects additions used in Bleach and has a different drawing style as base which you can't compare. Oh yeah, and Bleach has TONS of stupid posing which automatically makes it great.

But you know very well that the problem with OP isn't even that, should I remind you that back at Amazon Lilly arc or not ? The thing is, the OP anime team don't even bother to draw shit correctly sometimes (or a lot) and make some ridiculous things (should I remind you of the war too ?)
    Bullcrap, again. There's not one OP team. There's at least six, and both animations and drawings depend heavily on the episodes' art directors. One of them (under Tate) is terribly off with the drawings, another one isn't good at animation - the rest is doing pretty well, animation and drawing-wise.

Just don't praise the cancelled for both bad pace and bad TV ratings Bleach stuff over OP. You're biased anyways.

And you don't need to remind me on single really bad OP episodes. Toei fails the epic scenes and forgets about details from the manga pretty often, it's not a secret but the damn topic of this thread. But most of the time the animation is adequate to One Piece being an entertaining anime through humor.

Heck, even Evangelion is better than OP anime and yet I don't see much 3D you don't seem to enjoy
    I don't see how the Evangelion tv show was badly animated nor how OP anime is proven to be bad by that. First half of EVA was good for a show that came up 1995, ran for 26 episodes and that is conceptionally devided in two parts. Or how that makes Bleach good.

And don't let me begin
    Then don't even start, little flamer... Seriously. We all know you hate OP anime.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Bullcrap. There is not a single fight without loop scenes or stills with nothing but mouth animation. Not a single fight without glowing (After Effects), TONS of motion lines (Pokemon syndrome). If you look close enough, there's still TONS of errors.

And the Zenpachi vs. Nnoitra fight also had off drawings and bad inbetween animation - for example. Oh yeah, and when they come to the scene in which the camera circles around them has a pretty bad error: The background spins much too slow.

One Piece just lacks of the 3D CGI and After Effects additions used in Bleach and has a different drawing style as base which you can't compare. Oh yeah, and Bleach has TONS of stupid posing which automatically makes it great.

And all those errors you listed, OP have them worse than Bleach, ALL OF THEM
    Also, to say that OP just lacks the 3D CGI effects and shit and it will be better, wow, just big wow

When you mention different drawing style, you talk about manga, the animes have nothing to do with such a thing. I'm not here to discuss the different drawing styles, because if I was bashing Oda's drawing style, I wouldn't bother reading the manga from the very beginning

Quote Quote:
    Bullcrap, again. There's not one OP team. There's at least six, and both animations and drawings depend heavily on the episodes' art directors. One of them (under Tate) is terribly off with the drawings, another one isn't good at animation - the rest is doing pretty well, animation and drawing-wise.

Just don't praise the cancelled for both bad pace and bad TV ratings Bleach stuff over OP. You're biased anyways.
    Bad pace ? That's fun, so fun, OP is so godly, have such a good pace, everything is good, and all of us who criticize must be blind right ?
    Bad ratings ? That does never matter as dvd sales are more important, and the dvd sales were usually superior to those of Naruto...

And there is yet a reason to be given for why Bleach was stopped, if we go by ratings, Naruto should be cancelled too right ?

And you're biased too anyway

Quote Quote:
    And you don't need to remind me on single really bad OP episodes. Toei fails the epic scenes and forgets about details from the manga pretty often, it's not a secret but the damn topic of this thread. But most of the time the animation is adequate to One Piece being an entertaining anime through humor.
    I don't remind you about every episode, if you read carefully what I said, I said that OP anime became horrendous after the TB arc, and nearly anyone noticed that, Toei failed not epic scenes, but an epic arc (the war)

Quote Quote:
    I don't see how the Evangelion tv show was badly animated nor how OP anime is proven to be bad by that. First half of EVA was good for a show that came up 1995, ran for 26 episodes and that is conceptionally devided in two parts. Or how that makes Bleach good.

Then don't even start, little flamer... Seriously. We all know you hate OP anime.
    Did I even said Evangelion was badly animated ? I used Evangelion as an example to how an anime without those 3D effects you seems to dislike should be, something that not even OP anime could get close too

And I know very well that you're quite the cheerleader of OP anime, everything is fine and good for you right ?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    As much as I enjoy your argument and cyber-blood, please try to One Piece rather than Bleach.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4