Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Dance Macabre by Ohnishi Kouichi

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dance Macabre by Ohnishi Kouichi

Volume 1

Released November 22, 2010

Dance Macabre
    By: Ohnishi Kouichi
    Genre: Historical, Tragedy
    Serialized In: Comic Historia
    Publisher: Media Factory
    Mangaupdates

Short histories of some of the darkest chapters in western history, including: the trial of Joan of Arc, crucifiction of Jesus Christ, the "Blood Countess" Elizabeth Báthory, Spanish Inquisition, and the Emperor Caligula.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Dance Macabre by Ohnishi Kouichi

Possible reference to the Ingmar Bergman movie The Seventh Seal? The dance macabre scene, a general medieval view though as well:

I just hate to see the rape of Joan of Arc foreshadowed, I am not sure if historically it did happen, even though the manga hinting towards the guards raping her. But I wonder if random historical moments together as short stories could unite under the dance macabre theme. Maybe a hint towards Christian views of death?

---------- Post added July 01, 2012 at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2012 at 03:54 AM ----------

Damn, no new chapters. I am really looking forward to this. I wonder how Caligula will be covered? I expect crazy stuff to happen there. If they are doing Roman Emperor Nero as well? Or is it just the five historical events said?^^

---------- Post added July 02, 2012 at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was July 01, 2012 at 04:26 AM ----------

Oh we got one! So the way it appears we are getting 2 chapters per story, or maybe even more? It seems the author is not following some chronological way of giving the stories, so the Christ story is next. Maybe it will be covered in a few more chapters than this. Strong chapter by the way, the burning was covered very nice, better than other media have covered this story in my view. And I have seen plenty. The Malkovich one is the best though.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Dance Macabre by Ohnishi Kouichi

Shame that the scans have stopped here. I really check the baka updates page for this but nothing new. D: Is there any information why this is?

New Reply