Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Do You Think Claymore Is Nearing It's End?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is the final arc

    7 53.85%
  • No, not yet

    4 30.77%
  • I hope the series never ends!

    1 7.69%
  • Let's at least see the Mainland

    1 7.69%
  • I want a Galatea extra scene first!

    0 0%
New Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

  1. #1
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Claymore Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Claymore 130- The Last Battlefield Review

    Hello everybody. Prepared for this months review I hope. Anyways, here's the poll results. Nobody was looking forward to seeing either Priss, the Destroyer or Cass. One person was hoping to see some more snarking by Galatea. Three people were looking forward to seeing Dae and Rubel. But most people wanted more of Claire and Raki's reunion.
    Wake the Devil-
    We open up to find that Miria did have a plan to deal with the fused Destroyer/Priscilla. Attack it as soon as Claire was out. Sadly, it was too fast for her, and promptly relocates to where the Awakened Beings were watching. So much for them being able to get away, eh? Now Miria actually did the smart thing here, trying to stop the blobs other inhabitants the moment Claire got out. It was just too fast for her. As to why it bypassed the warriors, and tasty humans to go right to the Awakened, my guess is it's like when Priss went after Riful. It's the ones with the highest amount of energy to take. Although the attacking form looks like Priss, it's clear the Destroyer is still present, as tendrils resembling it's mass are shooting out at the Awakened. The Awakened start doing their best to defend themselves, and if they fail, they get sucked dry. Chronos realizes that whats really going on is a fight between two beings, and the Awakened have just been sucked in. Course we readers already knew that.

    War of the Monsters-
    Deneve fills Galatea in on what's happening. Priscilla and the Destroyer are fighting for control of the body. Yuma wants to know if it'd be better if one or the other won, but Deneve figures that either way their all boned. I gotta agree with Deneve on this one. Priss only held back her appetite for as long as she did because of her mental instability, and then her wanting to recover her memories. That seems to be past. The Destroyer just exists to consume everything. So either way, whatever wins has to be stopped. While the Destroyer has the advantage right now, if they don't stop Priss before Cassandra arrives, she'll win. Actually from a narrative point of view, I can't see Priss not winning. She's the foe that's been set up for the whole series, not the Destroyer.

    Seven Ghost Reunited-
    And now that she's gotten dressed, Claire enters with Raki. And she decides to finally share her history with everyone. About Teresa, and her desire for revenge against Priscilla. Sadly Raki doesn't share that he spent the last seven years with a Priscilla. I suspect it'll be interesting when that comes out. Now Miria has something for Claire. Her sword. And the ghosts have a question for her. Was the time they spent together meaningless compared to her revenge? Sadly Yuma unintentionally stole her cool words from Tabitha. Poor Yuma. But with that out of the way, the ghosts vow to all stay alive, and win. And we get each ghosts generation number and rank as the chapter ends.

    In Conclusion-
    Well I have to wonder if this will be the final story arc for Claymore. It looks like the fight with Priscilla is coming up, and I don't know if continuing after that would be wise. She's the foe that's been built up the whole series. Yes we would still have the mainland, and it's war, but I'm not sure Yagi is going to show us that. He may well be wrapping things up with this arc. Claire is back, she's met up with Raki, the Org is mostly gone, it's remaining lose ends, Dae and Rubel are coming, and we have Priss, the Destroyer, and most surviving Awakened in the same place. I can honestly see this being the final battle.

    Winner of the Month-
    Chronos- For not dying, and being remarkably nonchalant about the situation. Let's see how long that lasts.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  2. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Great review Super Angillis, I agree with all you posts except one - I don't see the end of Claymore as near as everyone thinks.

    One thing is sure, Claymore is nearing it's end when it comes to island arc. As you pointed out Organization is in ruins together with it's hidden labs so it is very much finished, all remaining strong AB's gathered at Rabona to witness Priscilla's release, Clare and Raki are together again as well as seven ghosts, last AO is going to join the battle as well and with Clare facing Priscilla again this may be it.
    But I am not convinced, it seems that everyone disregard the most obvious threat - Mainland Organization faction. So far in story as we have seen from the Organization itself they are very powerful faction, meaning that the main faction on Mainland is much more powerful. As soon as you receive the word that you lost contact with your most important military experiment you do two things: send recon team to investigate what happened and if experiment got out of hand you send an army to clean it up. So even if Ghosts survive this battle with none to minimal losses or if they even kill Priscilla by some huge luck they are sure to face together with all Claymores left on the island an invasion from Mainland.

    So as far as I see it Claymore is still far fro mover as to much things may happened. Priscilla is still to strong to be taken down and many things can happened to interrupt the battle itself ( going from Daae and Ruleb appearing and doing something to Raki throwing himself in front of Clare and begging her not to kill Priscilla ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    (...)most people wanted more of Claire and Raki's reunion(...)
    I wanted to see Clare and no Raki but sadly there was no option like that. And in the current poll there is no option that would contrast with "I hope the series never ends!", i.e. "I hope that Claymore is nearing it's end" (before Yagi will mess it up even further). That is the one I would choose if it was available.

    Quote Quote:
    (...)Miria actually did the smart thing here, trying to stop the blobs other inhabitants the moment Claire got out. It was just too fast for her.(...)
    I have three questions here:

    1) How did Miria know where will Priscilla come out from? After all, it's not like there was only one exit she could have used (if only because she was super strong and could make her own exit or that she could fly or that Miria wasn't even near where Raki was so she had to be on the other side or way behind him which would make her a retard because that would mean she thought she would be able to reach that extra distance quicker than Priscilla could do anything).

    2) Why no one else tried to help her? If Miria was stupid enough to think that her puny attack could do any damage to Priscilla she should have asked for help from everyone and set up a net of a sort so that Prisiclla's only escape would be through them or through the sky.

    3) Was she willing to risk killing Clare (after all she had to react in a split of a second and Priscilla might have escaped the moment Clare would appear).

    Anyway, good review.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    i suppose you would rather miria just sit around and be useless like Galatea or the other ghosts....my god seems like unless your clare then your a shit warrior by your standards :/
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    exactly: galatea is probably the most useless character in claymore. only stand arround and talks lots of shit. the ghosts fight and risk their lives, and she do nothing. and not forgetting: galatea needs always help - even yuma had to save their ass. really ridiculous!

  9. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i suppose you would rather miria just sit around and be useless like Galatea or the other ghosts....
    Miria is no less useless than Galatea. Her "genius" plans aren't genius and anyone with half a brain could come up with something as good as she did. And the only reason she's still alive is because of her plot armour not because she's super powerful. She would be long dead if not for:
    1) Clare
    2) other Claymores who didn't cut her head off when they could
    3) Hysteria being a complete retard because of Yagi unwilling to kill one of the fan favourite characters

    I've written more about this matter in the Miria thread.

    @Bayuga
    lol
    Galatea rarely speaks so you saying she talks "lots of shit" is ridiculous. It's nothing compared to the amount of shit Miria and Deneve are spouting. At least when Galatea speaks she has something interesting/cool to say most of the time (excluding the newest chapter). E.g. in chapter 44 she has the best lines any other character had but there are many more.
    As for Yuma saving her - lol x2. Galatea hasn't even used 10% of her youki at the time or her specialty (youki manipulation) and was far from being in trouble. The only reason Yuma "saved" her was to show her only ability in action so that her being still alive would have a meaning. Galatea is easily stronger than any ghost except Clare and maybe Miria (yes, I think that if they both would go all out Miria would lose but that's not a thread to discuss it).

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    galatea talks always shit like: this is impossible, and that is impossible, and in the end, she is always wrong. she never said cool things, only arrogant and brainless stuff. and really: galatea even with her eyes and full yomapower, she would have no chance against miria. against a hysteria or a cassandra (miria dodged cassandras attacks. roxanne couldn't do this.) galatea would be dead in under 5 minutes. and the other ghosts, i think deneve is at the same level how galatea and imo stronger.

    to say, galatea was not in danger at the rabona-attack, is simply speculation. the facts are telling a other story.

    the ghosts fought against the strongest awakened beings, saved many lifes and destroyed the organisation. even nike, anastasia and dietrich risk their lives. only galatea was a coward and did nothing.

    and clare is not strong. she have only irenes arm who gives her power. of course if she goes in her berserker-form she is not bad, but her normal power is low. and without miria, deneve, helen, jean etc. clare would be the one, who is dead.so clare has the biggest plot armour of all characters.

    looks like goral, you are a simple miria and deneve hater and a galatea and clare fanboy. it's okay. every forum have this kind of persons...

  12. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Miria is no less useless than Galatea. Her "genius" plans aren't genius and anyone with half a brain could come up with something as good as she did. And the only reason she's still alive is because of her plot armour not because she's super powerful. She would be long dead if not for:
    1) Clare
    2) other Claymores who didn't cut her head off when they could
    3) Hysteria being a complete retard because of Yagi unwilling to kill one of the fan favourite characters

    I've written more about this matter in the Miria thread.

    @Bayuga
    lol
    Galatea rarely speaks so you saying she talks "lots of shit" is ridiculous. It's nothing compared to the amount of shit Miria and Deneve are spouting. At least when Galatea speaks she has something interesting/cool to say most of the time (excluding the newest chapter). E.g. in chapter 44 she has the best lines any other character had but there are many more.
    As for Yuma saving her - lol x2. Galatea hasn't even used 10% of her youki at the time or her specialty (youki manipulation) and was far from being in trouble. The only reason Yuma "saved" her was to show her only ability in action so that her being still alive would have a meaning. Galatea is easily stronger than any ghost except Clare and maybe Miria (yes, I think that if they both would go all out Miria would lose but that's not a thread to discuss it).
    if we are really going there then they would all be dead without each other....clare would have awakened in the north if it was not for jean, she would have been in the west trapped in a blob while prissy escaped if it was not for helen . and in her defense helen and deneve would have been dead if it was not for clare telling them how to dodge the destroyers rods...and i think she saved helen from a hell cat...also if it was not for Galatea clare would have been crushed by Duph all the way back in the witches maw chapters

    but dont get me wrong i agree miria is not a genius and her plans all rely on luck and end with other people besides her dying, but it seems you are so far up clares ass that you can see anything else
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  13. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    @Bayuga

    Her every line in Witch's Maw is either cool or has some valuable information in it. Some examples:
    "You are lighter than you look. Eat more."
    "My business is with her only so I shall have to excuse myself now". *walks away from Duff as if he were a child*
    "Looks like most of what you say immediately vanishes from your head once you say it. I really envy you for a brain with such lively metabolism".

    Give me Miria's quotes that are at least as good as the ones above.

    Later she confronts Rubel and tells him what she thinks about MiB and later we get to know how good character she really is in Rabona (+ she had another cool line there when Clare cut her hair). Later, she was the only rational person of the bunch by questioning Miria's baseless words which the rest ate up easily. So yeah, I'm not surprised she told Miria that what she said was ridiculous (but she didn't say it's impossible). Seriously, give me concrete examples where she says that something is impossible to do. Don't have any? Then you know what to do.

    Galatea has never lost her cool and she has never cried like a child just because something didn't go according to her plan. She has always been a realist not some retarded dreamer like Miria. Yeah, she wasn't a lunatic to try and do what Miria had done and let Priscilla escape (in case I have to spell it out for you, read the last paragraph of this post) and she actually gave a shit whether Raki would be killed or not and acted instantly (contrary to the others who just stood there gaping with their jaws open).

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    she is always wrong
    In Witch's Maw everything she said turned out to be true so by default you're wrong. Heck, even if you would write "she is sometimes wrong" I'm not sure I would agree because I don't remember even one example that would show she has ever been wrong. But I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this once you will provide one. I'm waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    she never said cool things, only arrogant and brainless stuff
    lol
    You clearly wouldn' be able to notice a witty reply even if you were hit by it in the face. While I could agree that she was arrogant (and cool is a relevant term), saying that her responses were brainless is plainly stupid.

    As for power levels, as I've said earlier, it's not a proper thread to discuss it. Go here. I will only say that Miria didn't dodge Cassie's attack (in one panel it's visible) and she wasn't even Cassandra's prime target (Roxanne was who BTW was in 0% mode unlike Miria who was in 70%+ mode).

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    to say, galatea was not in danger at the rabona-attack, is simply speculation. the facts are telling a other story.
    You mean facts such as that Galatea hasn't even been injured this whole time? All Galatea said was: "Damn, if I could at least finish one off...". The rest is speculation but based on what we know already she was in no serious danger, i.e. the rest of the sentence would go: "I wouldn't have to release my youki or use my manipulation skill". Somehow Galatea survived until that time and if anything at the start the situation must have been worse since there were even more ABs. If Galatea would release her youki I could agree with you, otherwise you are the one who is baselessly speculating (I'm also speculating but it's supported by actual arguments). Even if she was injured, it would take a lot of damage or a decapitation to kill her since she is a very skilful defensive user.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    the ghosts fought against the strongest awakened beings, saved many lifes and destroyed the organisation. even nike, anastasia and dietrich risk their lives. only galatea was a coward and did nothing.
    In Rabona they survived thanks to Clare only. Certainly not thanks to Miria, her plan was one of the worst she could come up with in fact and the huge loss was mainly her fault (again, I'm directing you to the Miria thread since I don't want to repeat myself or go too much off-topic). In Riful's encounter they've survived also thanks to Clare only. If Clare wouldn't stay behind Riful would surely catch up to one of the ghosts and kill her (+the ones the ghost was carrying). Clare was the fastest out of the Fab 7 except for Miria when it came to running (the fastest in QoB mode but tht's beyond the point) and the fastest in swinging her sword (that's one of the reasons Miria isn't that powerful, while she runs fast she can't swing her sword that fast so she would have no chance with Clare). Later they survived only thanks to plot armour (call it super luck or whatever if you prefer) and there's no indication that they've suddenly gotten much stronger. If they were, they wouldn't escape from Riful but just killed her. The Hysteria kill was a miracle which Miria admitted herself so it's not the best example to use for power measurement.

    And it's no wonder Galatea didn't go with them on a suicide mission while being blind, that would be retarded on her part. The rest wouldn't want her to come either since she would be a dead weight at all times besides fighting with beings emitting youki. In Rabona she could at least protect humans and children. Calling her a coward is just silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    and clare is not strong.
    I won't even comment on that since it's the stupidest thing you've said so far.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #10
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Moderator message by: Ancy
    Please refrain from accusations and get back to the topic. You can continue your discussion or any other topic related to Claymore in the hang out thread or if interested you can create a new thread in which you could comment on Miria's vs Galatea's role in the manga.
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

  16. #11
    Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

    Hmmm i do think this will be the last of the story arcs, unless Yagi lets prissy escape or something like that. I think that would be a little cheesy though

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts