Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: What did you think of Tobi's reveal? (Average rating: 0 / 0)

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

120 29.34%
  • Good

58 14.18%
  • Average

41 10.02%
  • Boring

26 6.36%
  • Trolling

164 40.10%
New Reply
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 599 Discussion

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 599 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    Seriously how many fucking flashbacks do we need. Im seriously sick of Flashback no Jutsu. Kishi is really dragging this out like no other.
    Yeah...well this is the side-effect on not concentrating on developing the characters with the main flow of the story...now personally I think that an Obito x Kakashi flashback is actually appropriate in this moment, but I can understand the frustration about these flashbacks...the Kabuto one was really a headache for many people...but it looks like this is just a minor flashback and it gets resolved this chapter, so no worries

I'm actually not looking forward to Tobi's flashback, which will come 100% IMO...that could be the highlight of this war or the lowest part(which would be a great feat, considering we had the KinXGin bros in the war)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post

When I said I think Kushina was a Jinchuriki before Naruto I got bashed for it so much then it turned out to be true, just because YOU think it's impossible doesn't mean Kishi can't make it happen. After all I don't see the issue with him being the same height or seemingly older when he faces Minato, he does seem to be part Zetsu after all and I'm sure Kishi could come up with plenty of ways to get around it. I don't see how the theory is stupid at all, in fact it's quiet the opposite considering plenty of people have agreed with it since a long while ago.

But for now I guess we just have to sit tight and wait until Kishimoto unveils the true identity of the masked man.

Its not his height or hairstyle which debunk the obito theory but the timeline:

- Kakashi Gaiden happened 17 years ago

- The Kyuubi incident happened 16 years ago

- Tobi claimed to inspire Yahiko to create Akatsuki which was formed during the 3rd ninja Ninja War.
    That means only 1 year or less transpired between Obito's death and the Kyuubi attack.

Does it really make sense that Obito could master his sharingan & MS, develop intellectually, become so cold and hardened enough to threaten killing an infant and go toe to toe with Minato all in the timespan of under 1 year?

Sasuke who was genius trained for 6 months under Kakashi and 2 1/2 years under Orochimaru marking 3 years of training and he couldn't even beat Itachi. Does it make sense that Obito who isn't even a genius could become so skilled & hardened in a short amount of time?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thefreak's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Its "are you Obito?". a question rather than a statement.
    If he is obito then there will be a plot hole. When around naruto's birth when the QB incident happened, Kakashi was small. so was obito if he had been alive. so how can Obito be tobi? So if being crushed by a boulder also makes you 10 years older then only it would fit.
    I just want to crib here.. Whats wrong with the top 3 manga these days?
    Naruto is well; Going ok nowadays but fails to excite me.
    Bleach used to be fast paced but now its crawling.. seriously.
    and One Piece... Dont ask.. its a case of TLDR. Just wall of text after text.. I am reading it just for the heck of it.. Just cant leave the story unfinished. Come on Oda you can do better.

Fairy Tail rules these days.. cant wait for next chapters..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

to a certain degree, it may make sense that it's obito. how did he get out of that rock, you say? it's possible that he has activated the kamui, but not to the full extent that he was still damaged. remember tobi's fight with the yondaime? when he was attacked, his right arm "melted" and he just detached himself. it's possible that he's using zetsu to make a full body, thus he's able to use the rinnegan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post
    All you guys saying the Obito theory is stupid and impossible and getting angry about it need to calm down.

When I said I think Kushina was a Jinchuriki before Naruto I got bashed for it so much then it turned out to be true, just because YOU think it's impossible doesn't mean Kishi can't make it happen. After all I don't see the issue with him being the same height or seemingly older when he faces Minato, he does seem to be part Zetsu after all and I'm sure Kishi could come up with plenty of ways to get around it. I don't see how the theory is stupid at all, in fact it's quiet the opposite considering plenty of people have agreed with it since a long while ago.

But for now I guess we just have to sit tight and wait until Kishimoto unveils the true identity of the masked man.
    I feel you, the same about us who thought Itachi was nice and all that. Anyway, this is quite different, If Tobi=Obito then there's some serious plot-holes that Kishi will have to deal with and that I can't see how. For instance the fact that he grew so strong in such a short time, I mean to be able to surprise ones Sensei, own Kyuubi and gain that Sharingan level of power in that short amount of time is beyond reasonable. I do not mind it if Obito is Tobi, but I don't want more BS plot holes, Kishi will have to explain everything!
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Obito fits into this is if Madara or Izuna some how used his dead body as some kind of host kind of how Orochimaru takes over people to extend his life.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike strider View Post
    I can believe that identity being possible, but that "interview" was all but falsified. I read that piece and it seemed pretty sketchy as is.
    I agree it is likely that the interview was a fake, however I really like the idea of Tobi being who it said he was, It makes sense (especially considering how Madara knows him) the only thing that Kishi would have to do is give an explanation that works.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

My question is, if there's no dialogue aside from Kakashi asking "are you Obito?" then why is it taking more than 30 seconds to scanlate?
    Last edited by DoctorApollo; August 29, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Yeah...well this is the side-effect on not concentrating on developing the characters with the main flow of the story...now personally I think that an Obito x Kakashi flashback is actually appropriate in this moment, but I can understand the frustration about these flashbacks...the Kabuto one was really a headache for many people...but it looks like this is just a minor flashback and it gets resolved this chapter, so no worries

I'm actually not looking forward to Tobi's flashback, which will come 100% IMO...that could be the highlight of this war or the lowest part(which would be a great feat, considering we had the KinXGin bros in the war)
    True i like Tobi being a mystery. I dont want to see his flashback or why he is doing it. It's pretty pointless since all the flashbacks are basically the same. Like some childhood trauma caused me to hate the world. LOL.

Seriously though if Tobi is Obito im dropping Naruto. He is trolling us like Fairy Tail atm.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member joeyb's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post

- Tobi claimed to inspire Yahiko to create Akatsuki which was formed during the 3rd ninja Ninja War.
    That means only 1 year or less transpired between Obito's death and the Kyuubi attack.
    So according to you Sasuke was 1 at time of the uchiha massacre?

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    My question is, if there's no dialogue aside from Kakashi asking "are you Obito?" then why is it taking more than 30 seconds to scanlate?
    You have to clean the pages, the original ones are in a crappy quality.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it really make sense that Obito could master his sharingan & MS, develop intellectually, become so cold and hardened enough to threaten killing an infant and go toe to toe with Minato all in the timespan of under 1 year?

Sasuke who was genius trained for 6 months under Kakashi and 2 1/2 years under Orochimaru marking 3 years of training and he couldn't even beat Itachi. Does it make sense that Obito who isn't even a genius could become so skilled & hardened in a short amount of time?
    I know what you mean about the timeline, but do we know when Rin died? Was it after or before the attack on Konoha? I don't have an answer for some of what you said, but then that's why Kishimoto is the writer not me, it's not like he hasn't left plot holes before after all haha.

But it would make sense if for example he was trained by somebody like Madara, as I'm sure we are unaware of when he actual died, although we are under the presumption it was against the first Hokage right? But I don't see how it's a shock he could become so hard and cold after that time, it took Sasuke less then a year after all.

Remember back when he was trying to find Juugo, he wouldn't kill a single prisoner in the Nothern Hideout and now he wants to slaughter a village. It all depends on the reasoning that Kishi gives us to make it believable or not.

Also, you said Toby "claimed" I recall he said that around the time he was still claiming to be Madara, if the true Madara was the one who really inspired Yahiko. Then that isn't relevant, but I guess we have yet to know the facts and the false of what the Masked Man said around the time he was claiming to be Madara, for example was he the Mizukage or was the real Madara?

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    I feel you, the same about us who thought Itachi was nice and all that. Anyway, this is quite different, If Tobi=Obito then there's some serious plot-holes that Kishi will have to deal with and that I can't see how. For instance the fact that he grew so strong in such a short time, I mean to be able to surprise ones Sensei, own Kyuubi and gain that Sharingan level of power in that short amount of time is beyond reasonable. I do not mind it if Obito is Tobi, but I don't want more BS plot holes, Kishi will have to explain everything!
    I understand what you mean, but we have to wait until Kishimoto gives us his reasoning, if he was trained by Madara or something then I wouldn't be surprised, plus the amount of Power searching he's been doing and his Kamui is pretty hax doesn't surprise me that he was able to take on Minato. But don't forget he still lost against his former Sensei, that is if he really is Obito of course...
    Last edited by Franklyn D. Kieran; August 29, 2012 at 05:45 AM.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the tobi from the flashbacks is the same as the Tobi now, when both of them have masks and we don't know what either of them looks like. It's entirely possible the current Tobi could be Obito and he's the other Tobi's apprentice or something similar.

I'm not saying he necessarily IS Obito, but I am saying it's not that ridiculous that this guy is just taking on the role of Tobi and picking up where the last one left off. If the hypothetical first Tobi was Madara Uchiha, it makes all the more sense, because we know this Tobi loves pretending to be Madara.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am putting my bet on Izuna. Obito seriously?!? If it really is Obito I will stop reading Naruto..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

take it easy :

kishi need some one who get defeated by Child of Prophecy / Savior's talk/love no jutsu and become Naruto worshiper .... who is better than Tobi !?

Sasuke already showed that Naruto's Talk/Love no jutusu has no effect on him and Madara is a real uchiha who stand against Hashirama's talk/love no jutusu , Oro is a true badman and Kabuto is not worthy enough ... so Only Tobi is left ...
    خداحافظ

New Reply
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast