Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chap !!!! (Average rating: 4.1 / 6)

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.54%
  • 5 (Average)

27 25.23%
  • 4 (Good)

47 43.93%
  • 3 (Great!)

23 21.50%
  • 2 (Epic)

3 2.80%
  • 1 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 679 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GiantAlienHamster's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 679 Discussion / 680 Predictions

The chapter was ok. At least the story is making some progress. The pacing of OP has really been way too slow in the last two arcs imho. It reminds me too much of that awfull super-slow Skypia-arc. Well, that's just my opinion.
    Thumps up for the dead marines and Vergo, I kinda like this guy.

I just hope we will finally get to see a good fight in the next chapters. I can hardly remember when the last one was (at Sabaody? at Thriller Bark? long, long ago...)
    Some completely random predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

CC has yet to reveal his final trump card. the Slime monster isn't all he has left up his sleeves.

Virgo VS. Law coming up next. Luffy may aid Law in the fight too.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

very boring chapter. almost nothing happened. the g5 are still idiots and some pages were wasted for them trying to capture the SHs,and what about that nasty feeling at the end???
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; August 30, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the part on Chopper being lost and being noticed by Monet, I liked the part of Tashigi blocking Zoro (the same way he blocked Mr.5's attack on Vivi-chwan!!!), I liked how they all jumped through the closing gate and I liked the part on Vergo being absent minded. The pace is fine.

I'm also fine with the Marines from G-5 behaving more like pirates than the current pirates as Aokiji stated them to be like that. Them attacking the Strawhats was predictable.

But still: This isn't a great chapter to me. It's not much that is missing but, I have the feeling that I have to reread the chapter a couple of times.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Monet seems more and more as an ally to Law, I like her character a lot, but it seems that if she is "good", then is going to be Law's ally and not the SH.

Kinemon is shown to be a very good SH material and at least we can expect him, more and more, to be with them until they reach Wano.

I'm thinking that maybe the poisonous gas is not going to work exactly has Caesar expected and there is a chance to save the ones that have been paralyzed.
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

Just EPIC

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only interesting part of the chapter is that Vergo is pretty confident in his ability to take out Law, Luffy and Smoker all at once.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Monet looks surprised when she hears chopper leaving so, to me, it's definitively not her who throw the paper now.
    The 3 musketeers were cool, even if kinemon joins or not we will have had a spread of the 3 swordmans.

Also the end of the chapter and the cover reinforce me in my conviction that nobody will die from this mass weopon destruction in the end.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

chopper's race could surprise Monet, even when she already knew about his presence there in the lab,... so it is not conclusive evidence.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: correction included

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    The only interesting part of the chapter is that Vergo is pretty confident in his ability to take out Law, Luffy and Smoker all at once.
    Can't wait to see his face when he's gonna get his ass beaten by Smoker tho, that kind of cockiness will just bring him down

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Can't wait to see his face when he's gonna get his ass beaten by Smoker tho, that kind of cockiness will just bring him down
    Hmm i highly doubt that. Smoker got taken out by Law who if anything was toying with him. Vergo is DoFlamingo's right hand man, if he can be taken out by some VA then DoFlamingo's entire operation is a joke. Vergo is the proverbial linchpin between the Marines and DoFlamingo. Besides this guy has a very Aokiji and Kizaruish feel to him in the sense that if you didn't know who he was you'd take him for some fool. I'm guessing the title of VA gives him enough rank to do what he needs but it isn't too high of a rank where he has to worry about the Admirals catching on to him. Granted i don't think hes gonna beat Law, Luffy and Smoker but i'm thinking those guys are going to be pretty happy they got away from Vergo once this arc is over.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    If he is indeed Donflamingo then i'm sorry to tell you but smoker, as the weakest of the 3, won't last a chance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But maybe it will be Luffy + Smoker vs Vergo since Law is probably going somewhere else. And since Vergo fight seems more interesting than CC one, I hope Luffy won't avoid him. That and it would be cool to see him and smoker fighting together.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

It's weird but I find this men statues kind of cute....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are so many people underestimating Smoker? Smoker the weakest out of himself, Law and Luffy? Come on, people. He only lost to Law because the plot demanded it, and at no point during their fight did I see any indication that he was inferior to Law or that Law had it easy with him. Law just happens to have one of the most hax devil fruits in all of OP, that's all. Smoker's a Vice-Admiral, meaning he has the second highest rank in the marines (not counting Fleet Admiral), with haki and a logia fruit no less. Let's not forget that the Vice-Admirals alone stopped all New World Pirate Crews allied with Whitebeard from enterring the bay at Marineford. I'm fully convinced Smoker is as much a powerhouse as Luffy and Law, if not more so. It wouldn't surprise me if he was as strong, maybe even stronger, than Kuzan was as a VA during the Ohara flashback.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Hmm i highly doubt that. Smoker got taken out by Law who if anything was toying with him. Vergo is DoFlamingo's right hand man, if he can be taken out by some VA then DoFlamingo's entire operation is a joke. Vergo is the proverbial linchpin between the Marines and DoFlamingo. Besides this guy has a very Aokiji and Kizaruish feel to him in the sense that if you didn't know who he was you'd take him for some fool. I'm guessing the title of VA gives him enough rank to do what he needs but it isn't too high of a rank where he has to worry about the Admirals catching on to him. Granted i don't think hes gonna beat Law, Luffy and Smoker but i'm thinking those guys are going to be pretty happy they got away from Vergo once this arc is over.
    So being Doflamingo's right hand man makes someone stronger than Smoker ?
    Also, being taken down by VA is a joke ? Should I remember you that VA are pretty much on the top of the hierarchy after Admirals and that they're elite troops too ?

I don't see Vergo walking away from here, he's probably the strongest vilain in this island for sure (CC is a joke), and to be honest, I don't see him walking away from this island just like that, besides, Doflamingo's operation is already fucked up, it was his misfortune that Luffy and Smoker barged in Punk Hazard

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

for me the big thing was...Brook, Zoro, and Kin-emon! Mybe i'm just being geek about this but-3 sword Zoro(just blades), 2 sword Kin-emon(fire), and single sword Brook(ice). I support the idea of Kin-emon for NN, but even if he doesn't i'm just praying for a super amazing combo attack from the three- maybe zoro's tornado attack from FI with some kind of ice-n-fire mixed in...it would be so epic!

Also loved how this chapter helped take a step towards my prediction of Monet working with Law coming true(i know nothings been confirmed but I feel like the reveal is coming close).

was it just me or was the G-5's sacrifice and pose kinda an 'eh' moment?

New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast