Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chap !!!! (Average rating: 4.1 / 6)

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.54%
  • 5 (Average)

27 25.23%
  • 4 (Good)

47 43.93%
  • 3 (Great!)

23 21.50%
  • 2 (Epic)

3 2.80%
  • 1 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 679 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 679 Discussion / 680 Predictions

Perhaps Franky just Coup de Boos the gas away?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Most interesting Part of this arc is the setup for the next arc! I want a Wanokuni Arc so bad! Hope this happens next.
    The Rest of this arc will be pure pwning and a massive rumble. Then happens a suprise through the whole New World since Luffy and the others defeat the stupid CC and then do whatever they need to do. Hope this arc doesnt take so long anymore. Cant handle the pacing right now. I need to force myself to not read the next chapters to then read a whole bunch at once, but i cant because i still am too exited when a new chapter comes out.

I like the theories that some of the charecters in this arc will belong to Laws Pirate Crew. It seems plausible for me. Especially Brownbeard.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    But trying to be a pirate with his father in the same ship, reminds me the teenager that goes to college for the first time, driven by his lovely mom who introduces his kid to his mates... But, the idea of Momonosuke trying to be a pirate against Kinemons and wano country's will is just great.
    and i think that explain why Kinemons hates so much pirates

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Yeah, after Franky's highlights were Nami in his body while he rampaged as Monster Chopper so far in this arc, it was sssuuuuuuuper calm for him to simply sneak off to somewhere.

Quite odd as Sanji used to be the one sneaking off to somewhere in Enies Lobby ...
    he did't sneak out, he said to Law that he is going to where sunny is ...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    btw what happened to the possible devil fruit thread?
    Just made the new thread here

The older thread went missing 'cause of a server crash some time ago . There were a few others that disappeared as well unfortunately

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

now that we have the set up out of the way. Luffy should be making his way towards CC and smoker and law vs vergo will be epic. everyone else will be fighting CCs forces and looking for the kids and the door outta there.

after this last chapter, monet is definitely going to double cross vergo. she will go with law and she will be his crews robin. the intelligence agent, the one who is always informed. aslo brownbeard and yeti cool bros will go with him as crewman.

after this arc smoker will take the kids back to their hometowns and make a report to akainu. Law will go get ready for the battle with the yonkou, and luffy will go to drop kinemon off and the next arc will start on wano

just hope oda doesnt take another break till this arc is over.....well thats asking a lot becasue he is definitely going to take one soon as he always does. hopefull yit isnt next week

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    now that we have the set up out of the way. Luffy should be making his way towards CC and smoker and law vs vergo will be epic. everyone else will be fighting CCs forces and looking for the kids and the door outta there.

after this last chapter, monet is definitely going to double cross vergo. she will go with law and she will be his crews robin. the intelligence agent, the one who is always informed. aslo brownbeard and yeti cool bros will go with him as crewman.

after this arc smoker will take the kids back to their hometowns and make a report to akainu. Law will go get ready for the battle with the yonkou, and luffy will go to drop kinemon off and the next arc will start on wano

just hope oda doesnt take another break till this arc is over.....well thats asking a lot becasue he is definitely going to take one soon as he always does. hopefull yit isnt next week
    It wouldn't surprise me if at one point, One Piece becomes senin and goes monthly. Oda puts so much work in one chapter alone, I don't know how he and his staff do it, week after week. Amazing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

How many times does this need to be repeated: Oda's going to take the breaks as he needs to, and the Jump editorial lets him as he works six days per week from the early morning 'til the late evening. He's got family now, has to do work on Volumes, Color Walks, and databooks, and oversees the production of the One Piece Movies since Strong World.

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if at one point, One Piece becomes senin and goes monthly.
    One Piece is like the most successful Jump manga EVER. They won't let him go for making One Piece a monthly seinen, nor would Oda ever want that, since he always wanted to be an other of Jump. It would be like ripping the beating heart of one's chest with a rusty spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    So you think he might get some surprise role in this arc? Come to think of it, he ties in with the Vegapunk stuff, could this be an island where he gets an even bigger upgrade? Damn, I'll connect anything to anything just to get more info on Vegapunk in this arc.
    I'm still waiting for anyone to find the "Pirate Button" since it's a former base of Vegapunk. And Franky would be the one to find it, of course.

Until Kinemon was revealed to be able to cut fire, I was a little afraid how Monet, Nami and Robin would appear afterwards... But now, I'm confident that the Strawhats & allies would make it out of that explosion completely unharmed.
    Last edited by hoeru; September 04, 2012 at 01:41 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Resgia's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

For plot purposes, the chance of one of the bad guys make it out of Punk Hazard is very high.
    Finally, we need one to report to DoFla.
    But who's going to be it?

At first I thought that Smoker and Vergo would have a nasty rencounter. Thus Vergo would win this battle and escape.
    But now if I regard that Smoker's heart is missing and in addition to that in very bad hands, I have the feeling that there isn't going to be much of a fight between them two. Thus Vergo has to take on somebody else, which leads me to the conclusion that Vergo's destiny is sealed or in other words his ass is going down, very bad.

IMO, Monet could be the badass escaping punk hazard. I'm not yet convinced that she's good and I have the impression that she might have other intentions than CC and Vergo. She's kind of a double agent, who never really revealed her interests.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it's recorded, Don flamingo will be informed almost in direct live

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Since it's recorded, Don flamingo will be informed almost in direct live
    You assume that all their fights are going to be filmed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    Why not ? Dofla just needs to see Vergo being defeated to get the whole idea about what's going on there

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: One Piece 679 Discussion / 680 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    i think it will be filmed to show to the new world that the Strawhats are back in force and to make all the underworld broker mad

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Why not ? Dofla just needs to see Vergo being defeated to get the whole idea about what's going on there
    Well you can be right. I thought that one of the villains in punk hazard would still be involved in a possible final battle against DoFla. If it wouldn't be Vergo perhaps it could be Monet. That's why I was thinking this somebody would report to DoFla, so that he knows what's up next with the strawhats. Of course your opinion is very plausible and well I can be wrong.
    My biggest problem with your theory is if Vergo starts fighting Smoker, they will probable see on screen that Vergo is corrupt,because they'll most likely have a quick chat. You can still claim that no marine and nobody of the government are watching, since there are only underworld brokers. That's my why not ...

Quote Originally Posted by lenetfm View Post
    i think it will be filmed to show to the new world that the Strawhats are back in force and to make all the underworld broker mad
    .... yes that's very plausible, but we don't know if Vergo is going to fight one of the strawhats. So there wouldn't be a need of filming this battle, since no Strawhat propaganda is done....

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    Perhaps Franky just Coup de Boos the gas away?
    eh that may be a key,as his attacks repels the whole air,hence cc can't just switch the flames off or something like that. furthermore,his beams were really feared by caesar.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I'm still waiting for anyone to find the "Pirate Button" since it's a former base of Vegapunk. And Franky would be the one to find it, of course.

Until Kinemon was revealed to be able to cut fire, I was a little afraid how Monet, Nami and Robin would appear afterwards... But now, I'm confident that the Strawhats & allies would make it out of that explosion completely unharmed.
    Woah, can it be a similar scenario to what Franky did to his former lab, "Kaboom", actually Vegapunk is crazy enough to have those self destruct buttons in all of his lairs. Getting more and more into Vegapunk might also be done be a flashback, and I hope CC gets one. Hey, villains deserve one don't they, though far more obvious is that Kinemon might get one to explain how his son got missing and stuff.

New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast