Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate this Chap !!!! (Average rating: 4.1 / 6)

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.54%
  • 5 (Average)

27 25.23%
  • 4 (Good)

47 43.93%
  • 3 (Great!)

23 21.50%
  • 2 (Epic)

3 2.80%
  • 1 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: One Piece 679 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 679 Discussion / 680 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    Well you can be right. I thought that one of the villains in punk hazard would still be involved in a possible final battle against DoFla. If it wouldn't be Vergo perhaps it could be Monet. That's why I was thinking this somebody would report to DoFla, so that he knows what's up next with the strawhats. Of course your opinion is very plausible and well I can be wrong.
    My biggest problem with your theory is if Vergo starts fighting Smoker, they will probable see on screen that Vergo is corrupt,because they'll most likely have a quick chat. You can still claim that no marine and nobody of the government are watching, since there are only underworld brokers. That's my why not ...

.... yes that's very plausible, but we don't know if Vergo is going to fight one of the strawhats. So there wouldn't be a need of filming this battle, since no Strawhat propaganda is done....
    Wouldn't be surprised if the WG (their secret services) are watching this either, and I wouldn't mind too...
    But then again, even if Vergo makes it safely to Dofla, his position is screwed, it's the testimony of a VA/Captain/Soldiers vs... Vergo only ?

Ofc, unless Dofla intervene via som WG agent with enough influence, but I doubt it, I mean there's a mad scientists out there, creating a mass murder weapon, probably ready to sell it to the highest bider, and that's something that won't escape from the Gorosei's eyes, and if they cover the whole incident, Vergo would still be fucked, not Dofla necessarily, but Vergo yes

It was Dolfa/Vergo misfortune that Luffy/Smoker barged in there

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darkwater's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can't Vergo kill Law by squeezing/pulverizing Law's heart that is already with him??

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We already discussed that On the page before

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkwater View Post
    Why can't Vergo kill Law by squeezing/pulverizing Law's heart that is already with him??
    Because this is One Piece and its applied rule not to kill off major characters to make new ones be evil characters. Simple as that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Because this is One Piece and its applied rule not to kill off major characters to make new ones be evil characters. Simple as that.
    it is not that simple as you are saying it is
    even in the world of one piece there should be some logic to the events
    if it was luffy that has the hearts and didn't think to use them it's okay ... but vergo who is the right arm of donfla who killed bellamy just because he just lost to luffy ....

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Because vergo is probably more interested in a Law alive than dead. If he is sure to win in a battle why kill him now when law could be useful later

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Because vergo is probably more interested in a Law alive than dead. If he is sure to win in a battle why kill him now when law could be useful later
    yeah this is a good point, we have to wait to see xD

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lenetfm View Post
    it is not that simple as you are saying it is
    Well... No. It is that simple. That's the pattern for about 15 years now, and there's no logic in naming Part II "Supernova Saga" and then kill one of them just off right after he was reintroduced to be a Shichibukai just to show that a new character like Vergo is a "bad guy". I'd like to quote Buggy from Toriko subforum here:

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Guys, you are looking too much into it. In this manga everything is exaggerated and it's one of the things that makes it what it is.

{--cutting out Toriko details--}

Don't stress with details, just enjoy the ride, and it's one helluva ride
    Works for every manga fictional work.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Though Toriko does it on a different level than other manga...
    Oda tries to be much more consistent in one piece. Even if nobody will die it's not the reason why vergo won't use something which would be obvious for everyone so Oda will give a reason to explain this later

Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well... No. It is that simple. That's the pattern for about 15 years now, and there's no logic in naming Part II "Supernova Saga" and then kill one of them just off right after he was reintroduced to be a Shichibukai just to show that a new character like Vergo is a "bad guy". I'd like to quote Buggy from Toriko subforum here:

Works for every manga fictional work.
    don't worry about me i am enjoying one piece ... this forum exist to talk about one piece no ? so why are you shutting me down ?!!! if you don't like what i am saying it okay ... like you said it's just a manga so be cool

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I quoted Buggy's post as general "instructions manual". It just happened to be in the Toriko subforum. If I saw it in Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail subforums, I would have taken it, too. But the "everything is exaggerated" also works perfectly for actually the major part of manga serieses.

If Oda stays consistent, then Law - as major character - won't die by the hands of Vergo - as new character - by merely smashing the extracted heart. Not after following such a pattern for about 15 years. Not in a saga being named "Supernova Saga".

But the reason why Vergo hasn't killes Law is likely the same as CC didn't kill him nor Smoker, and Law didn't kill Smoker nor Monet. I could think of at least five nobrainers:
    • You don't do that lightly. (--> hesitation)
    • For some failsafe plan including blackmailing. ("just in case" scenario)
    • For the fun of torturing.
    • You never wanted to in the first place.
    • Neither allies aren't as allied nor are opponents as opposing as they actually said they were.

And that is why people shouldn't think too much into such things in ongoing plots and wait for the outcome.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

One piece on a break this week? Naruto and Bleach out already, OP no spoiler at all..

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13