Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 856

Thread: Fairy Tail Anime Discussion

  1. #451
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozmaster View Post
    Theres nothing in the manga at all! You literally get "Match begin" -> 2 panels of the participants faces-> "match end". Not only that, but that exact scene, with yuka kneeling and Milliana behind kagura IS in the anime episode. It doesn't matter really what you think either; No doubt Mashima at the very least told the anime producers how the match should go, you know, just like all the other little extra "filler" bits the anime adds that are canon, that you would never know from just reading the manga.
    Proof? Interview or any kind of that kind? It's not "no doubt" by any means.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  2. #452
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Hate to agree with someone who was down on the episode, but since Nalu fans freaked over that added scene I've discovered that my new pet peeve is people assuming Mashima is involved in every little change the anime makes. I'm sure he totally told them to change the silhouette Jellal was chasing to the hooded figure a week before the manga revealed they were different people too.

    Still stand by my claim: Kagura v Lyon and Dragon Slayer match were both great to watch. As for making Lyon look weak, I don't even know why that's an issue. Lyon's loss to Gray came way back forever ago when he pissed Gray off by saying he knew the ice was Ur. Kagura's still being hyped up.

  3. #453
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    I don't get the hatred either.
    I think the animation was done superb. Furthermore this was just a tease for the next episode. It was done that way before.

    So why the hatred? The animation was okay.

  4. #454
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Still stand by my claim: Kagura v Lyon and Dragon Slayer match were both great to watch. As for making Lyon look weak, I don't even know why that's an issue. Lyon's loss to Gray came way back forever ago when he pissed Gray off by saying he knew the ice was Ur. Kagura's still being hyped up.
    That mean nothing now. That's 7 years ago. And Lyon is mention to be a rather strong members in Lamia Scale guild before the tournament begin. Don't see why that would be telling that he's weak.

    Lyon also used 1 hand molding in this episode. He say he "changed" it in the Racer battle. So he changed it, only to changed back? Meh. And there's no explanation for why Millianna tube get weaker by no longer sealing anymore magic either. There's too many inconsistency in the battle, making it unenjoyable.

    As for Kagura, she show magic of nothing in this magnitude even she's really mad and fighting Erza. Unsheathe sword might come close to it, but that's about it. Don't why she'll be spamming this kind of magic now. I don't mind filler, as long as it's well written. This is just crappy writing that is inconsistent with the story. There's even nothing like Nakama power up or anything. It's just a gap that overlook by the filler writer.

    Some people may be able to just watch and overlook the consistency in writings. But if some people can't stomach that, I do hope that people understand it's reasonable to complain.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 18, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #455
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    My point wasn't that Lyon should be stronger now, it's that he's not the point of interest for the match. He's a powerful ally and that's cool, but the character that the anime is trying to build up is Kagura. Kagura being one of the two people who Sabertooth considered a threat, and Lyon not being one of those two people. But if the strongest character thread is still up then I suppose the argument is a debate to take there. Imo the only inconsistency was the Milis tub failing, and since that whole part of the match was more to comic effect I really don't care.

    As for why she doesn't spam gravity magic, they do explain that. It's a trump card. She calls on it if her sword doesn't cut it. Against Erza she was fighting much more seriously with her blade. She kicked Erza around like a rag doll almost the whole time, and eventually discovered something that made her give up.

  6. #456
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    I was an okay chapter and a big teased at the end..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  7. #457
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Or that in the two fight that was actually canon, she only used it to barely supplement her fighting style. And she certainly doesn't use it to the extent that she did in this match. She might have even beat around Lyon without using it. She didn't really try. I don't think it's right to call it "trump card". That's just assumption. There's nothing that suggests her power over gravity magic is this high up in the manga. And seeing things in anime that wasn't in the manga irritates me.

    Millianna tube failing shows that whoever write the tag battle have no clear understanding of either party or what they are capable of. If he/she do understand it, then that mistake that anyone who remember Milliana ability would simply not happen. If he/she fail at that part, I see 0 reason to believe that the gravitation part or any of power difference of the two characters shown in Lyon vs Kagura part wasn't made up too.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #458
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    If it irritates you to see things that weren't in the manga then why did you watch the match at all?

  9. #459
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    If it irritates you to see things that weren't in the manga then why did you watch the match at all?
    If they animate it to a reasonable extent and not a crap job, I'll do okay with it. I'm okay with the filler arc that they air before this one, because they do a good job at it.

    This fight is, however, crap. So if people saw crap and want to complain that it is crap, they can't? Is that your point? I'm buying FT dvd when it is available in my country too. So it's like "I'm paying money for crap". If some people just watch stuff online and never buy it and complain, that's clearly stupid. But if I'm buying, I'm a customer. And customers have the rights to complain on the quality of their products.

    If you don't know that, consider taking business major. It'll be helpful. Customers can complain about the product they are buying. If this keep up, I'll keep my money and stick to only buying the manga version of this series.

    I wouldn't have complain about the match if they don't do the crappy job and assume stuff that's not there in the manga. I feel like I just watch a badly wrote fan fiction. As I stated before,

    Quote Quote:
    Millianna tube failing shows that whoever write the tag battle have no clear understanding of either party or what they are capable of. If he/she do understand it, then that mistake that anyone who remember Milliana ability would simply not happen. If he/she fail at that part, I see 0 reason to believe that the gravitation part or any of power difference of the two characters shown in Lyon vs Kagura part wasn't made up too.
    It's dang clear that they pull things in this fight out of their butt. I don't see explanation such as "Oh, that part is funny. But this part is somehow ok". It's more to me like "That part is crap made up, and this part is crap made up too". Millianna tube not working shows me whoever wrote this fight doesn't have any idea about what each player ability is. So I don't think that person had any idea if Kagura can actually almost beat Lyon either.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  10. #460
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Alright. So it's not just any material not in the anime. You weirded me out for a second there. I buy the DVDs too (and I'm five times as irked with the Daphnee arc now that I'm keenly aware of the fact that it's the last thing Funimation got the rights to) so I know how annoying it is to think that you're going to be spending your money on something low quality. I just don't think the majority of this episode was bad.

    I've never said the part with Mili was quality. I've just made an argument about the Kagura part of the match based on my observations and interpretations. The sub I watched did refer to it as her trump card, so that would be why I called it such as well. Kagura is treated in the manga as one of the strongest in the whole tournament, while Lyon is only treated as a high ranking member of one guild. I don't find it unrealistic for her to all but beat him as she did. And since Nirvana started off with 8 legs I don't think one inconsistency, especially one for a fairly minor character who hasn't been shown using her powers to that effect in years, means that everything else shown is going to be horribly wrong too. However, at this point I don't think either of us is going to convince one another of anything.

  11. #461
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I've never said the part with Mili was quality. I've just made an argument about the Kagura part of the match based on my observations and interpretations. The sub I watched did refer to it as her trump card, so that would be why I called it such as well. Kagura is treated in the manga as one of the strongest in the whole tournament, while Lyon is only treated as a high ranking member of one guild. I don't find it unrealistic for her to all but beat him as she did. And since Nirvana started off with 8 legs I don't think one inconsistency, especially one for a fairly minor character who hasn't been shown using her powers to that effect in years, means that everything else shown is going to be horribly wrong too. However, at this point I don't think either of us is going to convince one another of anything.
    Well, if you think it's reasonable for Kagura to beat Lyon, cool. I don't think it is, since it's not suggest that way in the manga. It look to me that Lyon and Kagura are more or less on equal ground. And using filler dub material to justify more filler dub material is useless to me. Since that's just using made up stuff to justify even more made up stuff. Lamia Scale is 2nd in grand tournament, without Jura, Lyon, and Chelia. Those are the 3 strongest mage of their guild based on what we've seen so far. How the dog guy and the force guy and chelia sister+2 filler member participate and got 2nd place. That's not a sign of the guild being weak. Kagura is mention to have take part before in previous tournament. I just don't see that of a sign of how Lyon can be said to be weaker than Kagura.

    Kagura is overhyped. If you're happy with some made up filler that's not in the manga, cool. But don't jam that stuff up other people mouth and expect them to also be happy with it. It's not "I don't get why people should complain", but "While some people might complain, I like the episode fine". I'm fine with people liking the episode, but I'm not fine with "I like the episode, so other people shouldn't complain about the episode".
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 19, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #462
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I don't know about your wish but my hopes and dreams for this battle being animated were crushed, set on fire and thrown into my face.

    The animation at the start of the battle was so dull and awkward, it was so horrible I cried...

    The blows didn't make any sound and had absolutely no impact to them.

    People were hoping that this battle will have an awesome animation...it turned out to be the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zancrow View Post
    wtf was that , the animation did no justice to what should have been epic ... the flow of the fight was just off , natsu's fire wingslah should have been more epic and sting and rouge going drive mode so quickly without looking like they suffered much damage made it look like a cheap skill ...
    Quote Originally Posted by longguilol1 View Post
    Sub-par animation again, and the quality has been poor recently. No wonder they canceled it. Anyway, vote for your fav. FT character's below (see link in sig)
    Quote Originally Posted by longguilol1 View Post
    Just a messed up episode no matter how you look at it.
    This would be what I was annoyed about people saying for not liking the episode. I was trying to defend the animation in this episode, which I felt was much improved from some of the more cringe-worthy things that have turned up this arc. It turned into a debate over whether or not it made sense for Kagura to have won the way she did, and I could easily tell you not to jam it up my mouth that I should be upset by it, but I was looking at this as a casual debate and not a heated argument. My feeling is that seeing her beat someone else helped mitigate the overhype feel and that the anime did it's best to make the scene fit into what content the manga provided, but as I've already said neither of us is going to convince the other of our stance.

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #463
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    This would be what I was annoyed about people saying for not liking the episode. I was trying to defend the animation in this episode, which I felt was much improved from some of the more cringe-worthy things that have turned up this arc. It turned into a debate over whether or not it made sense for Kagura to have won the way she did, and I could easily tell you not to jam it up my mouth that I should be upset by it, but I was looking at this as a casual debate and not a heated argument. My feeling is that seeing her beat someone else helped mitigate the overhype feel and that the anime did it's best to make the scene fit into what content the manga provided, but as I've already said neither of us is going to convince the other of our stance.
    Ah, alright. I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #464
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    S'okay. I seriously misinterpreted something you posted earlier, so we're even now. Plus, you're not against the Key to the Starry Sky arc, so you're cool.

  16. #465
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

    btw is the next episode gonna be the last episode ? honestly if it was , i would feel kinda sad but since the animation suxz and kinda of a turn off , im not really feeling bad about it

New Reply
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts