Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion (Returned!)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail Anime & Discussion

Yeah, it's a bit more tasteful without that part. Fairy Tail. Tasteful. I never thought I'd say that.

Anyway, Natsu's entrance at the end was glorious. Too bad they spoiled it with the starting notes of the silly ending song. They really shouldn't overlap the ending song when the ending is so badass as this.

Oh, well, we'll get a full replay of the sequence in the next episode's first 5 minutes, without the ending song.

Regarding the full-filler / semi-filler debate, I'm on the full-filler camp. I'd much rather have them pause the anime or create 4-month-long filler arcs (which I won't watch) than watching this thing they do in every anime that is close to the manga: the first 4 or 5 minutes are flashbacks, filler pseudo-humour, or even the full 4 or 5 minutes from the last episode (or in this case, for something that happened 3 or 4 episodes back).

Then, we get flashbacks during the episode for stuff that happened last episode (Lyon, Juvia and Gray) or even in the current episode (Giemma), as if we have trouble remembering what happened.

All in all, we get around 10-12 minutes worth of a 24 minute episode. Granted, they make the choice that is financially better for them, and since I don't give them money, I can't really complain... but don't they see they are turning out an inferior product, or do they just don't care because the cash keeps flowing?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I really liked the episode of this week and I will like more the one of the next.
    Abou the fillers, it is inevitable that they're putting them in the latest episodes, but as long as they're not useless, I welcome them.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'd much rather them do stuff like extend (actually, show something of) the Lyon /Yuka vs. Kagura / Milliana fight than replaying 3 to 4 minutes of scenes from the last episode, 1 minute of scenes from before the commercial break, etc...

It's not so much about the filler, but the way they seem to say "here, watch this again. We don't really care about giving you new content."

That makes it so that the only way I'd consider buying the DVDs would be if they were a "director's cut", and they streamlined all the extraneous stuff.

PS - Of course, it could be worse. In the One Piece semi-filler, they sing. And they spend a full minute in a staring contest with a ringing snail-phone. And anything that happens must be followed and / or preceded by a screen of every Strawhat face.

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Fairy Tail will reach that level of filling.
    Last edited by Morlun; January 20, 2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Added "PS".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Yeah, I'd much rather them do stuff like extend (actually, show something of) the Lyon /Yuka vs. Kagura / Milliana fight than replaying 3 to 4 minutes of scenes from the last episode, 1 minute of scenes from before the commercial break, etc...

It's not so much about the filler, but the way they seem to say "here, watch this again. We don't really care about giving you new content."

That makes it so that the only way I'd consider buying the DVDs would be if they were a "director's cut", and they streamlined all the extraneous stuff.

PS - Of course, it could be worse. In the One Piece semi-filler, they sing. And they spend a full minute in a staring contest with a ringing snail-phone. And anything that happens must be followed and / or preceded by a screen of every Strawhat face.

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Fairy Tail will reach that level of filling.
    Unfortunatly this is the the trend of the current anime.
    So all that I hope is that the drawings and the OST remains on a good level.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Unfortunatly this is the the trend of the current anime.
    So all that I hope is that the drawings and the OST remains on a good level.
    Sad but true.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved Natsu entrance in the manga, but again it wasn't animated the way it happened in Manga. I thought he smashed the window/wall to enter SABERTOOTH Inn but in Anime it shows like its his rage that while he's inside did this, not sure which one is true.

Next episode should be interesting Natsu trashing SABERTOOTH, and I think it will end with Wonder Woman scene....

O think the beginning of the episode took a lot of time as intro, but again I know why they're doing this. I don't mind waitting or seeing more filler episodes, but up until now not a decent episode was shown IMO. The cool stuff still did not happen, so there is always hope it will get better.
    Last edited by Ifrit; January 21, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling they will put a filler arc in the middle of this arc...
    just like it was done with naruto...
    If they really do this I hope they will do an edolas arc, how edo ft is doing without magic, etc. and how they think of earthland ft and co.^^

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I have a feeling they will put a filler arc in the middle of this arc...
    Back in the beginning of the tournament, they had the "event stone" (for the lack of a better term) listing 7 days of tournament, when the equivalent manga panel showed only the canon 5.

Since then, they have mentioned "5 days of tournament" a few times, so maybe they decided not to have tournament filler.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Back in the beginning of the tournament, they had the "event stone" (for the lack of a better term) listing 7 days of tournament, when the equivalent manga panel showed only the canon 5.

Since then, they have mentioned "5 days of tournament" a few times, so maybe they decided not to have tournament filler.
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    I wonder if they are planning 7 days or not.

It's really confusing!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be space to write 'day off'

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

No. They had "???? + BATTLE" / "???? + TAG TEAM BATTLE" / "GRAND MAGIC GAMES" on the canon days, while the 2 non-canon days had "???? + ????", which made me think they were gonna make up some fillery, fan-servicy stuff.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But they already did fanservicey filler.
    Maybe they'll make events and junk for all the characters who didn't get as much of a chance in the manga? A bunch of character never went out for the random match. But then they'd have to make sure all the points are the same relative to one another in the end.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    But they already did fanservicey filler.
    More fanservicey filler.

It's like Michael Bay with explosions. "More! Bigger!"

Yeah, maybe they'll let other characters come out and play. Either way, it'll probably be something random like dancing contests.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But FT already had a dancing filler too. It was Warren's first great pedo moment.
    Meh. I don't know. Whatever it is, it'll probably be over the top. Maybe to the point that they just have to declare that the day's events don't count or some other discontinuity inducing ending like that.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    But FT already had a dancing filler too. It was Warren's first great pedo moment.
    Meh. I don't know. Whatever it is, it'll probably be over the top. Maybe to the point that they just have to declare that the day's events don't count or some other discontinuity inducing ending like that.
    Yeah, probably so.

New Reply
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast