Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 170 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

This arc feels like filler so far. Furuichi is pretty much out of place everywhere nowadays, so I guess Tamura is throwing him into battle since its like the only place left. Maybe even Tamura is tired of his lolicon jokes aimed at Furuichi, for now anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn´t know what i should say to this last two Chapters. Out of Role??? Enemies get Contractor??? Filler or Arc????
    Its funny to read, but why he summon Behemoth Army. The Back of Tissue is still full, like other says. Who will be the rest all Generals, Jabberwock, Behemoth and at least lord En. The number one Enemie get his contractor. I will be very quiet after this arc, at next Aoi will fight Furichi, with exorcism power she learn on the Mountains.
    I only will await the end, when tissues are out, Furichi get beaten up that he will never forget.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction is that Agiel will do/show something to Furuichi and as a result he's gonna lose this pair of tissues as well. Massive nose bleeding FTW!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this whole Furuichi thing is a filler, considering the weird way he got power and how the plot seems to be going nowhere other than him showing that he can be dominant now. Plus, what's gonna happen when he runs out of tissues? As much as I like Furuichi, this just doesn't cut it for me. I do like his last summon though.

I think Furuichi could be useful in other ways than just fighting.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Consider me, on board for AgeilXFuruichi.

The level of suffering she could bring down upon him is perfect.

I wondered the same thing. She looks like she's more than a foot taller than him.
    Agiel appears taller because she's essentially astro-projected herself because of the summoning. She's a spirit, her real body is back in that cafe. I have to admit, Agiel/Furuichi is pretty damn awesome, just as awesome as say, Yolda/Furuichi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Bad because these guys were already defeated and even the leader, Jabberwock, gave in in what? 1-2 chapters. Furuichi is no match for Oga.

It would have been better a new, ancient demon... Demon's lord rival or something like that to put tension.
    Nah, new characters are overrated. Remember, demons get much stronger once they have a contract with a human. And Oga is only as strong as he has trained for. He may have defeated Jabberwock, but he really had to try for it. He pretty much collapsed once he went over to Furuichi's house afterwards.

Another thing to consider is that this is Furuichi, his best friend. Of course, its not like they treat each other like porclein, but Furuichi's intellect and intimate knowledge of Oga's fighting style makes the match-up a lot more even. How many times has Oga seen Furuichi fight? Like none. I'm not expecting a serious fight, but hey, the match up could still be interesting.

Besides, whatever rage Oga had directed at Furuichi kind of disappeared once he knew how he got them. If they fight it will be on more level-headed grounds (unless Furuichi does something incredibly stupid to piss Oga off).

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    This arc feels like filler so far. Furuichi is pretty much out of place everywhere nowadays, so I guess Tamura is throwing him into battle since its like the only place left. Maybe even Tamura is tired of his lolicon jokes aimed at Furuichi, for now anyway.
    I actually think the total opposite.

Furuichi's role and placement in the manga is a crucial difference between Beelzebub being an action manga with liberal doses of comedy, or a comedy manga with liberal doses of action. The amount of discussion Furuichi has generated because of this arc is proof of that. And I am willing to give Tamura benefit of the doubt that he knew that before he started this arc. Furuichi's involvement is true to being a"best friend": he's been consistently willing to help Oga out, but never enough to get himself directly invovled. So to me, this arc cannot possibly be fillerish, even if it resolves itself by going back to the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I feel like this whole Furuichi thing is a filler, considering the weird way he got power and how the plot seems to be going nowhere other than him showing that he can be dominant now. Plus, what's gonna happen when he runs out of tissues? As much as I like Furuichi, this just doesn't cut it for me. I do like his last summon though.

I think Furuichi could be useful in other ways than just fighting.
    Honestly, this arc is just as fillerish as the Hilda Amnesia Arc. Nothing really changed, just Hilda acted OOC for a day and we all found out a little bit more about her. But it made us wonder just who she could have been, had she not been a wet nurse. It also expanded a little on Oga and Hilda's relationship. Its the same here. The only difference is that Hilda's character development was always tied to Oga and Beel, whereas Furuichi's interactions have been with most of Ishiyama, not just Oga.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Nah, new characters are overrated. Remember, demons get much stronger once they have a contract with a human. And Oga is only as strong as he has trained for. He may have defeated Jabberwock, but he really had to try for it. He pretty much collapsed once he went over to Furuichi's house afterwards.

Another thing to consider is that this is Furuichi, his best friend. Of course, its not like they treat each other like porclein, but Furuichi's intellect and intimate knowledge of Oga's fighting style makes the match-up a lot more even. How many times has Oga seen Furuichi fight? Like none. I'm not expecting a serious fight, but hey, the match up could still be interesting.

Besides, whatever rage Oga had directed at Furuichi kind of disappeared once he knew how he got them. If they fight it will be on more level-headed grounds (unless Furuichi does something incredibly stupid to piss Oga off).
    Behemot's squad were new characters 2 arcs ago you know?

After Toujou the battles went downhill and reduced to:

Jabber: Take this energy beam!
    Oga: Take this bigger energy beam!
    Jabber: You take this energy beam!
    Oga: You take this bigger energy beam!
    Jabber: I don't have a bigger energy beam, I lost.

In other words, a plain ping pong of punches and beams with no strategy whatsoever. In 1,2 chapters.

"Furuichi knows Oga's moves and has advantage because Oga does not know Furuichi's moves"

And before getting power what were Furuichi's moves and techniques? none, there is nothing to investigate as it was just Hecado's power that is lower than Hilda who is weaker than Jabberwock who was already defeated, see my point? Furuichi's knowledge is played for laughs.

Up till now contracts were made with strong people, I can't compare Furuichi to Oga or Zen.

I love the development but plot-wise is probably not going to take us anywhere, if there is plot left of course hence my suggestion.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 04, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2