Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Vandenreich / Quincy and Soul King relationship...

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Vandenreich / Quincy and Soul King relationship...

Vandenreich is one of the most sought out piece of puzzle in Bleachverse at the moment. They are Quincy but I am not sure if they are only Quincy. Moving on, the thought just crossed my mind that Quincy or at least their leader had served Soul King like Gotei 13. May be something happened between them and Soul King. Something made Quincy or their leader went renegade.

Do you find this theory plausible or not?

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vandenreich / Quincy and Soul King relationship...

I'm more on the CC/BB best friends or something team.

So far, it doesn't seem as if Quincies are rebelling against Soul King.

ex oriente lux

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I'm more on the CC/BB best friends or something team.

So far, it doesn't seem as if Quincies are rebelling against Soul King.
    CC/BB best friend is a possibility. The manner in which it was said that Yama couldn't kill the leader back then, felt like he left him alive. Rather than, unable or not strong enough to kill BB.

How come Darjy? Care to explain a bit more. An invasion on SS, is sort of invasion on SS King. He is the key and head figure, no?
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; August 25, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

What I meant is that so far it seems to me like Quincies are just specifically after these shinigami, like they hold a grudge but try to pass it as 'a holy thing' or something. Just othing was pointing at them doing this because of Soul King, just that.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that BB is a shinigami (hinted by his black cloak), judging from his age in terms of shinigami's life, he's about the same age as senior captains, so I'll go for him being one of Yamo student. I don't think that the VR are aftering the King because they'll also have to get the royal key which requires souls of KT residents. But they're directly attacking SS.

But if we go for the KIng theory, the VR could be after the second method of getting the key, which is forcing Yamo to tell them where it is.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    I believe that BB is a shinigami (hinted by his black cloak), judging from his age in terms of shinigami's life, he's about the same age as senior captains, so I'll go for him being one of Yamo student. I don't think that the VR are aftering the King because they'll also have to get the royal key which requires souls of KT residents. But they're directly attacking SS.

But if we go for the KIng theory, the VR could be after the second method of getting the key, which is forcing Yamo to tell them where it is.
    But what gets me is that the VR as a whole can obsorb spirit particles from anything in soul society. Seeing as they are killing shinigami left and right i don't think that spirit energy goes just anywhere. I'm thinking that since BB is so strong, and is also a quincy that once enough shinigami "die" he will use his immense power to forge a key himself in SS and then depart to the the place that the King resides.

This is of course a theory but we have seen Uryu start deconstructing buildings when he fought Mayuri. I don't think that under any circumstances that Yama would willingly give his key away.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoashide View Post
    But what gets me is that the VR as a whole can obsorb spirit particles from anything in soul society. Seeing as they are killing shinigami left and right i don't think that spirit energy goes just anywhere. I'm thinking that since BB is so strong, and is also a quincy that once enough shinigami "die" he will use his immense power to forge a key himself in SS and then depart to the the place that the King resides.

This is of course a theory but we have seen Uryu start deconstructing buildings when he fought Mayuri. I don't think that under any circumstances that Yama would willingly give his key away.
    Or maybe because that they're quincies, they're much stronger in SS or HM, so they want to eliminate all the strong ones from SS and HM first, then attack KT later, just maybe

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I have been trying to think about this but overall there is no context to even speculate on this. I just can't think of anything to either support or refute most theories beyond generalities. Anyways, I do find the idea of the quincy serving the king a tad awkward considering what we have been told about the quincy. Most importantly, I would question why the king would have a need for quincy assuming things with the gotei 13 were roughly similar to their current situation. Assuming the king always had the gotei 13 and the rogal guard in some form I just don't see any particular reason for the king to keep them.

This scenario would suggest that at some point the king had the quincy, shinigami and RG as military assets. What exactly would the purpose of this be? Its a huge force and seeing the likes of mayuri and kenpachi in them I would argue they are quite hard to control. Then we have the quincy who as we have seen are opposites in every aspect to shinigami. Would it make sense for the king to have the quincy as his subordinate military force even though they defer with shinigami in terms of culture, philosophy and fighting style? It seems like a bad recipe waiting to explode. Now, this applies only to the quincy in general.

If we are talking strictly about buckbeard then we are dealing with a rather different situation. His individual origin could easily be separate and prior to the origin of the quincy as a whole. To me the only thing we should take for granted about buckbeard until explicitly stated otherwise is that he is interesting in the throne of the soul king. Perhaps he does not want to become the king himself (plausible but we don't know precisely what the king is in order to tell whether the king is something you can become or something you can control) but without aiming for the king the whole thing does not make sense. Now, within this there is quite a large range of possibilities to consider. Is it possible that buckbeard was a member of the royal family and at some point went rogue and started the quincy for whatever reason? Yes, it is perfectly possible and we have no way to either refute or support that theory. Is it possible he was at some point just a human who saw hollows kill other humans and he developed quincy abilities and started his empire against hollows and later on shinigami who seemingly protected evil hollows? Yeah, its the same situation, we can't support or refute that. Its even possible that in the past the quincy and shinigami did reach some sort of alliance with each other and things changed when they found out about the whole balance of soul thing? Its plausible although it would be mildly different from the history we have heard so far.

How about another weird idea. SS seems to have just about enough shinigami to take care of japan (1 shinigami for 50000 people if we trust the databook) so perhaps the quincy used to be the shinigami equivalent from another nation? The gotei 13 with the current shinigami population would not actually be able to support significantly more people than japan. Or perhaps Japan being the land of giant monsters is the only one in need of a gotei 13? The rest of the world would potentially have no hollow issues and souls would always travel to the afterlife easily though which is a pretty big implication.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the spirit king is not just some normal entity. It's rather like soul of SS itself. I recall back to the manga shaman king, I believe the spirit king is kind of the same entity as the great spirit, which is a record of all events that has happened on the Earth. This isn't something you can become by just being strong. However, if it's a similar case, then the actual goal of JB or Aizen could have been obtaining the unlimited knowledge that the King possess.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

My only theory regarding Juha Bach is that he's appointed himself as a King because he established The Qunicy. I don't think this guy just wants revenge but, wishes to expand his power throughout all worlds. After all, these guys are humans that can use spirit powers much like shinigami & hollows.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't think that the vandenreich are the end.. All we have heard is that the vasto lordes are more powerful than captains, if the vandenriech are really it then I'm having trouble believing the battle now even matters. Lets not forget the person who showed up and put his sword to urahara isn't someone who was a friend. But that's speculation

New Reply