Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bleach RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Where is the mission? Different thread?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Life? What's one of those? :P

I'll reply to your application below, in bold;

Spoiler show

So there you have it; mostly its just a matter of clarification. Once those are straightened out I'll accept Minami and you can post. The RPG thread is here.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Edited, I'll have to check back tomorrow if everything is in order. Thanks for the input!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ, everything's fine except for two points;

1) Kuroshi's Bankai ability to force people to create an opening. Say Kuroshi lands a hit, thus forcing the opponent to create an opening for an attack. That would allow Kuroshi to land another hit, forcing the opponent to create an opening for an attack. Kuroshi could then land another hit, forcing the opponent to create another opening. This would would go on and on until Kuroshi's opponent is defeated; the first hit would allow for an unstoppoable succession of hits. For that reason, I'm not allowing this ability.

2) The stealth feature of the cloak. Visual and aural concealment is a powerful ability; even if an opponent could sense Kuroshi's presence they would have a hard time pinpointing the exact timing and direction of his attacks. If this were his Shikai's only ability I may allow it, but combined with its other abilities, I tihnk it grants him too powerful and diverse a skill set, especially since zunga's character's Bankai only grants him temporary invisibility.

I'll accept Kuroshi nevertheless and you can start posting; since he wasn't at the meeting we can say that he's waiting at the Senkaimon Gate for the others, already briefed and ready to depart (he's also join leader of the mission with Kenichi). As to those two abilities, I'll try and think of some compromises for them; if you come up with any revisions for either of them, tell me.

One thing I'd suggest for his Bankai is this; when Kuroshi lands an attack, he can ask his opponent a question that they have to answer truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by zunga View Post
    As he followed Hiriashi. To what he said, it sounded like an vizard.
    Should have said before, but in this timeline the Gotei 13 have not yet come across Visoreds or Arrancar.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    JJ, everything's fine except for two points;

1) Kuroshi's Bankai ability to force people to create an opening. Say Kuroshi lands a hit, thus forcing the opponent to create an opening for an attack. That would allow Kuroshi to land another hit, forcing the opponent to create an opening for an attack. Kuroshi could then land another hit, forcing the opponent to create another opening. This would would go on and on until Kuroshi's opponent is defeated; the first hit would allow for an unstoppoable succession of hits. For that reason, I'm not allowing this ability.

2) The stealth feature of the cloak. Visual and aural concealment is a powerful ability; even if an opponent could sense Kuroshi's presence they would have a hard time pinpointing the exact timing and direction of his attacks. If this were his Shikai's only ability I may allow it, but combined with its other abilities, I tihnk it grants him too powerful and diverse a skill set, especially since zunga's character's Bankai only grants him temporary invisibility.

I'll accept Kuroshi nevertheless and you can start posting; since he wasn't at the meeting we can say that he's waiting at the Senkaimon Gate for the others, already briefed and ready to depart (he's also join leader of the mission with Kenichi). As to those two abilities, I'll try and think of some compromises for them; if you come up with any revisions for either of them, tell me.

One thing I'd suggest for his Bankai is this; when Kuroshi lands an attack, he can ask his opponent a question that they have to answer truthfully.
    Oh my! I didn't even think of using successive attacks. I was really trying to depower him as much as possible. Thanks for pointing that out.

As for the cloak, I thought it fitting since he is a stealth character. Like a Private Eye. But there is also precedence in the canon, with a cloak that Aizen used, right. I know this isn't the same universe, but said cloak seems to be in distribution and a lower level tool in the bleach verse.

So I changed the cloak to still be an armor cloak, but instead of concealing me, it sends out phantom sounds while I'm hiding manually. So if I'm in the trees and the enemy is looking for me, they'll hear me coming up from behind them. But I'm not invisible, and they can also hear my actual location if I make noise. The only problem is which noises are the right ones. That work?

I would like to use the answer truthfully ability you suggested for the bankai. I think it fits with the interrogation theme of a sleuth. And, it will be great for gathering info, as offensively, my character isn't really a powerhouse.

Thanks again for the input!

And now... To the mission! lol
    Last edited by JutsuJuken; September 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean this cloak? I don't think it is in wide circulation; we've only ever seen it used once.

The echo feints ability is cooool. How's about the cloak (when equipped) also interferes with the sensory abilities of anyone within Kuroshi's Reiatsu? That way it will also make it difficult for enemies to pin down his exact location.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think twice... Urahara, Isshen, and Rukia used it to sneak up and stab Ichigo. I figured it was common because it was in play two times by 2 groups, and possibly known about by most since Shinji knew, Aizen used it, and Urahara used it. And its uses being 118 years apart makes it seem either rare or common, but extant for more than one person.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So they did. But once it was used by super genius Aizen and the other by super-duper genius Urahara. For all we know they may have both separately invented the device, and its not like either of them are going to share it. Aizen and Shinji's exchange makes it sound to me just like seeing Aizen with the device just reaffirmed his suspicions of him. Finally, if it were widely available, wouldn't the Gotei 13 be using something so useful more often?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and the echo feints! I was thinking to make use of it to distract enemies with different types of noises too. Like, the sounds of a giant hollow roaming the streets, a battle raging in the distance, conversations around the corner, and so on. Whaddya think,Tame?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's fine with me.

Yay, so now the team's in the world of the living. The mission begins! I suggest now the characters have a short stategy meeting and in my next full post some bad guys will appear!! I thought about having them appear in the post I've just put up but in the end decided not to rush into it the moment they arrive. Hope you guys don't mind the slightly slower pace; it won't last for much longer, don't worry.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Woops, just realised! I forgot to write in everyone getting 80% of their power sealed! Okay, remember everyone apart from Kawa has 4/5s of their power sealed until the limit is lifted.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

understood

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it! Sorry got some irl problems.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, I knew that would be the case since Tame first few posts ^^

---------- Post added September 20, 2012 at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was September 18, 2012 at 02:24 PM ----------

Hay Tame, I was thinking about adding a few tricks to my Zan. See if you can approve them.

I can voluntary shatter the blade by force and enchant them with kidos too, each piece have the effect of the kidos. Even if all of the blade is shattered, as long as the guard remains, I can still enchant it with kido and form short of a light saber. However the effect of the kidos are 70% weaker be cause I shattered the blade by force, thus annoying the spirit himself.

I was thinking about inserting two small blade fragments enchanted with bakudo 8 to my shoes to give me better running and jumping ability (like Kon in Ichigo's body) as I don't have shunpo.

The size of the fragment also determine the level of kido it can be enchanted with. A small fragment can only be enchated with weaker kidos.

I can enchant as many rfagment as I want and use them like darts, hold a long piece on my left hand and basically wield two sword at the same time. But the blade fragments are limited so I cant just throw them all away. Also, if I use them all in one battle, it takes 1 weak before the zanpaktou can repair it self (I can still do the light saber to fight).

Got this idea from Inuyahsa lol
    Last edited by River_Capulet; September 20, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast