Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

This here be a Bleach RPG, obviously; if you’re involved in the Fairy Tail or Hunter x Hunter RPGs here, or have read either of them, then you'll know the kind of thing I'm going for with this. If not, then no worries; it’s easy and will hopefully be a lot of fun!

The RPG will be set in Soul Society and all Player Characters will be Shinigami. However, it won’t quite be the Soul Society we all know. Instead, it will be set in alternate continuity where Ichigo, Aizen, Yamamoto and co. don’t exist. Apart from that, though, most things are the same. And yeah, I know this doesn’t make complete sense, since it’d mean Yamamoto would never have set up the Shinigami Academy, nor Urahara the R&D Department, but suspend your disbelief if you will. Doing it this way means we get to play in a familiar environment, but aren’t constrained by having to stick the manga’s continuity and characters.

The game mechanics will be, roughly, as follows:

Spoiler: Game Mechanics show

Spoiler: Rules show

Characters
    Spoiler: Characters show

Zanpakutou
    Spoiler: Zanpakutou show

Gotei 13
    Here are details of the Captains of the Thirteen Court Guard Companies. Unless states otherwise, the duties of the Divisions are the same as of those in the canon material.
    Spoiler: Gotei 13 show

Spoiler: Character List show

Spoiler: Character Bios show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Spoiler show
    Last edited by zunga; August 27, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for joining! I was beginning to give up hope!! Also, welcome to Mangahelpers!

Now, onto your application: everything from your Name to your personality is fine (his apparance sounds cooool!)

Everything in your history is fine too, apart from the reference to how long it took him to get Shikai/Bankai. As I said, how long it takes Shinigami to age/rise up the rank/train etc. is vague, so we'll be vague too. So just take out the bit about it taking him 11 years.

Fighting Style's good too, and so's your Shikai. As I said in the first post, however, I'm not accepting Bankai from characters below Captain (though you'll be allowed to learn it later). So either change your rank to Captain, or take out the Bankai.

Note: Not that it matters much, but since the Bankai is ability-based, that would make it a Kido-type, not Melee-type.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Edited all you said.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!! Thanks for joining! I've added Kenichi to the character list.

---------- Post added August 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was August 27, 2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

By the way, though I didn't mention it before, the first arc will begin with the player characters (and maybe an NPC character) being assigned to a special mission in the Human World.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun! Now i'm curious.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

When we got one more player, we'll start. Funny, I thought that with the number of fans Bleach has we'd have more applicants.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I'm not sure I understand how to play the game, I'll try to participate as it'll at least help me to improve my English.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; August 29, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, love Force Bringer. Two quick questions about your characters:

1) What do you mean by "He can keep up with shunpo users without being one"? Does he know shunpo or not?

2) When chanelling Kido spells through Force Bringer, does the standard effect of the spell still activate? Or would it simply be that the stronger the Kido you activate, the greater the boost to attack/defence?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Awesome, love Force Bringer. Two quick questions about your characters:

1) What do you mean by "He can keep up with shunpo users without being one"? Does he know shunpo or not?

2) When chanelling Kido spells through Force Bringer, does the standard effect of the spell still activate? Or would it simply be that the stronger the Kido you activate, the greater the boost to attack/defence?
    1/ it's like Kenpachi or Ikaku, they don't know shunpo but still have good enough reflexes to counter them.
    2/ the standard effect is applied, if i use byakurai, instead of shooting it out, my blade will be enhanced with the power of byakurai. If i use danku, the defense power would be boosted by the same ammount. Only attack and defense spells can be used to enhance. Battle support spells like binding spells or healing spells can't be used.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I'd like to be the 9th Division Captain.
    Is that taken
    If not, do I have to keep all the stuff you wrote about him, or can I at least change his name?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    1/ it's like Kenpachi or Ikaku, they don't know shunpo but still have good enough reflexes to counter them.
    2/ the standard effect is applied, if i use byakurai, instead of shooting it out, my blade will be enhanced with the power of byakurai. If i use danku, the defense power would be boosted by the same ammount. Only attack and defense spells can be used to enhance. Battle support spells like binding spells or healing spells can't be used.
    1) I think Ikkaku knows Shunpo; when he, Yumichika, Iba and Hisagi left Zaraki alone to fight Komamura and Tousen, I think he used it. But that's beside the point, I understand what you mean.
    2) Cool cool, just wanted to clear that up. I've added your character to the character list.

Quote Originally Posted by JutsuJuken View Post
    Ok, so I'd like to be the 9th Division Captain.
    Is that taken
    If not, do I have to keep all the stuff you wrote about him, or can I at least change his name?
    Thanks for your interest!

He's not taken; you can change anything about him you want including name, personality and appearance. Essentially you can make an entirely different character.

I have the Captains thought out but Player Characters take precedent. Minami Kuroshi (the name currently listed for 9th Captain) is a character I quite like so I'll probably make him Captain of another division and shove a different Captain out. :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    1) I think Ikkaku knows Shunpo; when he, Yumichika, Iba and Hisagi left Zaraki alone to fight Komamura and Tousen, I think he used it. But that's beside the point, I understand what you mean.
    2) Cool cool, just wanted to clear that up. I've added your character to the character list.

Thanks for your interest!

He's not taken; you can change anything about him you want including name, personality and appearance. Essentially you can make an entirely different character.

I have the Captains thought out but Player Characters take precedent. Minami Kuroshi (the name currently listed for 9th Captain) is a character I quite like so I'll probably make him Captain of another division and shove a different Captain out. :P
    I would really like to take some time this weekend and flesh out a nickname and some complimentary abilities for that character.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, no worries. I'm at a friend's until Monday so I may not get a chance to post much until then, so take your time.

Are you going to use Kuroshi, or go from scratch (entirely your call)?

On Monday I'll start the RPG, but I'll still be accepting applications after we've begun (unless more people apply this weekend).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroshi's character really gets me. I think I'd like to keep him, as a whole, but tweek in a few things here or there. His character just jumped out at me!

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast