Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whoa Dudes! Craziest Gon Theory Ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whoa Dudes! Craziest Gon Theory Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    It sounds interesting. I do remember reading about Gon saying that the Heaven's Arena tower was bigger than any tree he has ever seen. The first time I read that line, I was like, "Really Gon? You're comparing it to a tree?" I found it weird, even when taking into consideration the fact that he grew up in nature in Whale Island. Throughout the manga, Gon has always been linked to nature or being a 'beast'. So it's certainly plausible.

All these theories make me think that Gon could have come from anywhere (but Whale Island, of course). He could be from the Dark Continent, from the World Tree, from Greed Island (not likely), from a human mom, from a not-so-human mom, from the sky, from the sea... I'm waiting for someone to say that Gon is actually an alien from outer space.
    Gon is actually Jesus. *Can of worms opened*

EDIT:

I really really want to see what MrSticky has to say about my World Tree theory.
    Last edited by futurefrog; August 25, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

We already know Gon isn't born on Whale Island, since Madhouse opened our eyes after Nippon mind f***ed us over...

We also know Ging is still trying to get to the Dark Continent so...
    I don't think so

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Gon was born in Whale Island OR the Dark Continent. Actually the place doesn't matter. I'm more curious about her mother.

She could be of the Outside and maybe it's the reason why Ging want to go that much, but I think it's something simpler.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrollo View Post
    We already know Gon isn't born on Whale Island, since Madhouse opened our eyes after Nippon mind f***ed us over...

We also know Ging is still trying to get to the Dark Continent so...
    I don't think so

Well it was something I was just thinking of when I was discussing the 1999 whale island episodes with noonealive about how Ging arrives with Gon at the funeral (am I the only one who totally forgot that part even existed? I mean I know the mom is dead in the 99 but I forgot they had the funeral.) then I was thinking about how the manga goes and was like... Wait. Gon can't be from Whale Island.

Well I did later post an example of Gon but not Ging could be from the Dark Continent.

Really though I just think it was a potentially interesting plot point.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know.. It's just a theory. But, we can't forget that Togashi likes to idealize your main character with something from "outside". Gon's mom always was a key of the history for me. Something about her will change the history's progress (If Togashi show us, of course). However, it's to much to say that Gon is the reincarnation of Ging's father. This is absolutely no sense. Just my opinion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Gon is half alien. I mean we know there are aliens and non human humanoid beings in the HxH universe as shown with the Chimera Ant arc. And so I think that Gon's mother might be one of these non human beings from the Dark Continent and perhaps she was evil or something and Ging had to escape with Gon? It would explain Gon's crazy potential and maybe even why he's so crazy as well. It also would kind of help with the whole Gon being an allusion of Goku but even crazier stuff. Plus having Gon's mom as the big bad would be pretty sick.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2