Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    des-chan, that's why I gave you the explanation text after posting the word Airen. You quoted it yourself.
    Oops, my bad! I thought “(=” was a happy face. That is why I read it as “an Airen fan of Lee Seung Gi” which made me think Airen was a person and that she was a fan of Lee Seung Gi. ^^

Quote Quote:
    I'm sure of that too. The only explanation I can think of will be because they had collaboration and the K-actors wanted to try something new and show themselves more. At least this showed that they can do Chinese to some extent, although eventually they were dubbed by Chinese actors.
    Yes, I guess that is part of the reason why they chose K-actors instead of T-actors. It kind of makes me sad because I already had some T-actors in mind to play Ren and Sho.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Gu Family Book Episode 16= SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE!

how awesome is this episode?? How awesome is the admiral? How awesome is EVERYBODY???

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Anybody familiar with the show 1 Night 2 Days? I've seen clips of it on youtube (it's got Lee Seung Gi in it) and it's ridiculous, it's hilarious, I love it!

sadly I can't find any good sites of the first season online. I found a website that only showed the first parts of the episode and the rest of the links on it were ads!

Still, those fragments that I watched were unbelievably hilarious!

EDIT: I kept watching bits and pieces on Youtube. This show is really unbelievable! It seems you can't also find complete episodes on Youtube, maybe the KBS police is on the prowl.
    Last edited by baboysai; May 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Gu Family Book Episode 16= SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE!
    Yet to watch it, but judging from the short clips and previews, I'm pretty sure I could die from that episode.

And I kindly invite you to >> http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...Gu-Family-Book

Anybody familiar with the show 1 Night 2 Days? I've seen clips of it on youtube (it's got Lee Seung Gi in it) and it's ridiculous, it's hilarious, I love it!

sadly I can't find any good sites of the first season online. I found a website that only showed the first parts of the episode and the rest of the links on it were ads!

Still, those fragments that I watched were unbelievably hilarious!

EDIT: I kept watching bits and pieces on Youtube. This show is really unbelievable! It seems you can't also find complete episodes on Youtube, maybe the KBS police is on the prowl.
    I didn't watch 1N2D with Seung Gi in it. Sometimes I watch it when I'm home where I can access international channels. The current players are pretty fun; I know that actor who played in Hotelier and some other drama, Cha Tae Seung (iirc), Joo Won, and Uhm Tae Woong. They all sure are crazy. I enjoyed it too.

Korean reality shows are funny and stupid, easily enjoyable. I've only seen few episodes of Running Man (obviously episodes with Seung Gi in it, muahaha) and 1N2D.

Talking about Joo Won, he's gonna come back in a new drama... And Won Bin too, looks like a comeback is scheduled soon.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who are interested, some information to the new dramas that have already started or will be released in the near future:

Shark
    Spoiler show

Cruel City
    Spoiler show

Dating Agency: Cyrano
    Spoiler show

The Queen's Classroom
    Spoiler show

I hear your voice
    Spoiler show

Golden Empire
    Spoiler show

Monstar
    Spoiler show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody watched the newest adaptation of Itazura na Kiss? A new J-drama titled Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in TOKYO. I was just too curious about why this manga got 5 drama adaptations so far, so I checked the newest one... I was rather annoyed constantly in each episode but somehow still wanted to watch more. And that brings me to episode 10, in which I was totally sold to the lead actor Furukawa Yuki. Been thinking about it since I watched it yesterday, repeating the scenes, and hunting for the couple photos together! *__* /crazyfangirlmodeon

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ah yeah started reading the manga some five years ago, but when I found out the manga was incomplete because of the death of the mangaka, I didn't want to get invested. :/ Although the first few volumes I read were really interesting.

So I opted for the anime, where they said they offered quite a good alternative ending, but I was not able to find good quality copies of, so I dropped it too.

But you know, I was already familiar with the story so I really wanted to watch somehow. Then I heard it had a Taiwanese/Cantonese? live action- so I tried watching that- but I didn't like how the actors looked, so I dropped it after the first episode.

LOL.

Maybe there is hope yet! When you say there's a new Japanese adaptation out-- maybe I'll watch that!

After I finish Shining Inheritance. I know, I'm so late in watching this show- but it's because I needed more Lee Seung Gi fixes. Very slow pace, this drama, considering it has 30 episodes... I'm still at ep 10 where balls finally start rolling. -_- But it's kind of like a slow torture.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody watched the newest adaptation of Itazura na Kiss? A new J-drama titled Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in TOKYO. I was just too curious about why this manga got 5 drama adaptations so far, so I checked the newest one... I was rather annoyed constantly in each episode but somehow still wanted to watch more.
    I haven’t watched any drama adaptations, but I did watch the anime and I loved it!! Although, it was some time ago when I watched it so I barely remember the story. However, I do remember enjoying the anime very much.

Btw, may I ask what was it that annoyed about the first 9 episodes, phio-chan?

Quote Quote:
    And that brings me to episode 10, in which I was totally sold to the lead actor Furukawa Yuki. Been thinking about it since I watched it yesterday, repeating the scenes, and hunting for the couple photos together! *__* /crazyfangirlmodeon
    You are so tempting me to watch this J-drama, phio-chan!!

I’m currently watching GFB and enjoying every minute of it. I’m also planning to watch “Arang and the Magistrate” and “Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang”. About the latter, I watched it a long time ago but I never finished watching it and since I don’t remember what was the last episode I watched and I don’t remember the story very well I’ve decided to watch the series from the very first ep.

ah yeah started reading the manga some five years ago, but when I found out the manga was incomplete because of the death of the mangaka, I didn't want to get invested. :/ Although the first few volumes I read were really interesting.
    Yes, the author of the story died. But I heard/read that her husband helped the people behind the anime (or was it the manga?) finish the story based on things his wife had told him before dying.

Quote Quote:
    So I opted for the anime, where they said they offered quite a good alternative ending, but I was not able to find good quality copies of, so I dropped it too.
    The anime is very good, and the ending is very sweet. If you like this story, I would definitely recommend you watching the anime.

Quote Quote:
    After I finish Shining Inheritance. I know, I'm so late in watching this show- but it's because I needed more Lee Seung Gi fixes. Very slow pace, this drama, considering it has 30 episodes... I'm still at ep 10 where balls finally start rolling. -_- But it's kind of like a slow torture.
    That is another series that is part of my must-watch list. So many awesome dramas, so little time!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 09, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I’m currently watching GFB and enjoying every minute of it. I’m also planning to watch “Arang and the Magistrate” and “Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang”. About the latter, I watched it a long time ago but I never finished watching it and since I don’t remember what was the last episode I watched and I don’t remember the story very well I’ve decided to watch the series from the very first ep.
    oh I'm also watching GFB.

regarding Arang, I tried but I couldn't get past episode 4. It kind of bored me, or more like, too many cultural references. Or whatever, I couldn't really pinpoint, but it didn't hook me.

I also tried DGHC, since it was by the Hong Sisters, but when I started I didn't expect it to look so old lol. I couldn't get past the fashion sense... haha. I barely held it together by finishing My Girl, which was released a year after DGHC i think? Even then the fashion sense was so old

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

regarding Arang, I tried but I couldn't get past episode 4. It kind of bored me, or more like, too many cultural references. Or whatever, I couldn't really pinpoint, but it didn't hook me.
    Some fellow GFB fans recommended me this drama; they said it was pretty good. I don’t know what to expect from this drama but if the story is not good at least I’ll have a consolation prize since the male lead is and I loved him in "My Girl".

Quote Quote:
    I also tried DGHC, since it was by the Hong Sisters, but when I started I didn't expect it to look so old lol. I couldn't get past the fashion sense... haha. I barely held it together by finishing My Girl, which was released a year after DGHC i think? Even then the fashion sense was so old
    I have watched DGHC before so I know I’ll like it. And yeah, even though it is not that old it does look a tad old in some aspects. For instance, the cell phones.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh... 10 episodes to go on Shining Inheritance.

Seriously, what an investment of time! (30 friggin eps is killing me)

Ahem. My review so far:

It's very slow, pace-wise, especially in the first um... 12 episodes? ahaha.

Also, it's your typical cinderella/chaebol story, with young masters and inheritance shenanigans *cough* title *cough*.

But! I'm still watching because
    1- The consistency of the characters are great. Bravo. Once you get to understand how each of their personalities work, it does get predictable but it's also fun to watch how they stay so true to the character they've fleshed out.

2- It's so entertaining to see character developments, as a followup to no. 1. So fun to see them digging their own graves, deeper and deeper in the shitz episode per episode. So fun to watch how from innocence, these people gain motive and their hearts turn black by the day, you get to see how their own doings corrupt their souls and drive each other crazy.

3- And as a followup to no. 1 and 2, as you get invested in their corruption, you'll want to see how karma will take its toll on such evil plots, and will root and root for might I add, the awesome heroine. You'll want to see her triumph over evil, you'll want to see how vengeance is carried out.

So yeah, I'm pretty much hooked.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But you know, I was already familiar with the story so I really wanted to watch somehow. Then I heard it had a Taiwanese/Cantonese? live action- so I tried watching that- but I didn't like how the actors looked, so I dropped it after the first episode.

LOL.

Maybe there is hope yet! When you say there's a new Japanese adaptation out-- maybe I'll watch that!

To be honest, I found it ridiculous for such a manga to get FIVE drama adaptations, six with the anime. I think it won over Boys Before Flowers/Hana Yori Dango/Meteor Garden combo in that regards?

It depends on each viewer's taste, but from other comments on MDL and DramaCrazy, people seem to like this new adaptation of InK just fine. They like the Korean one the least, but the best one seems to be the Taiwanese version. I'm not planning to check other adaptation but the current Japanese one, though. Furukawa Yuki <33333333

Shining Inheritance is a slow torture, I agree. Even watching GFB is a torture waiting for the romance, so it's definitely worse with SI. But I don't regret watching it, I totally enjoyed my first Lee Seung Gi drama. I fell in love with him ever since. <3

Btw, may I ask what was it that annoyed about the first 9 episodes, phio-chan?
    It's nothing specific, to be honest. If you have general idea of the series, you probably know how the characters are. The lead female is stupid, kind of stalking the boy she likes, and it's frustrating to see how she tries so hard even though she's being ignored and teased to that extent by the boy she likes. But that's also the strength of the series, I guess. The supporting characters, well... The super stalker boy's mom, the lead female's friends...

The worst annoying part is on episode 1, to be honest.
    Spoiler show

But episode 10 alone is enough as a payback for all those annoying episodes, lol. I even downloaded the whole series!

You are so tempting me to watch this J-drama, phio-chan!!

Haven't tried Arang, once read not-so-positive review for it. I personally liked Chun Hyang, it's one of my favorite drama. Mong Ryong is adorable, and their love story is sweet although going back and forth a lot. If you have patience, do give it a try. <3

Eh... 10 episodes to go on Shining Inheritance.

Seriously, what an investment of time! (30 friggin eps is killing me)

Ahem. My review so far:

It's very slow, pace-wise, especially in the first um... 12 episodes? ahaha.

Also, it's your typical cinderella/chaebol story, with young masters and inheritance shenanigans *cough* title *cough*.

But! I'm still watching because
    1- The consistency of the characters are great. Bravo. Once you get to understand how each of their personalities work, it does get predictable but it's also fun to watch how they stay so true to the character they've fleshed out.

2- It's so entertaining to see character developments, as a followup to no. 1. So fun to see them digging their own graves, deeper and deeper in the shitz episode per episode. So fun to watch how from innocence, these people gain motive and their hearts turn black by the day, you get to see how their own doings corrupt their souls and drive each other crazy.

3- And as a followup to no. 1 and 2, as you get invested in their corruption, you'll want to see how karma will take its toll on such evil plots, and will root and root for might I add, the awesome heroine. You'll want to see her triumph over evil, you'll want to see how vengeance is carried out.

So yeah, I'm pretty much hooked.
    Bingo. Exactly. When I watched that series I didn't even know Lee Seung Gi so I had no motivation to keep watching it. I was first interested in the 'modern Cinderella story', knowing all the melodrama I'd see, but I still tried it. And as much as I wanted to throw rocks to the antagonists... Kudos to them for making me feel like that. And above all, it's cool watching how Hwan grown up and stood on his own, not just for the sake of the girl. <3

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee Seung gi, where have your choco abs gone?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I found it ridiculous for such a manga to get FIVE drama adaptations, six with the anime. I think it won over Boys Before Flowers/Hana Yori Dango/Meteor Garden combo in that regards?
    HYD is still the winner in that regard, it has been adapted into 5 dramas, two films and one anime series.

Quote Quote:
    It depends on each viewer's taste, but from other comments on MDL and DramaCrazy, people seem to like this new adaptation of InK just fine. They like the Korean one the least, but the best one seems to be the Taiwanese version. I'm not planning to check other adaptation but the current Japanese one, though. Furukawa Yuki <33333333
    I think people find the Taiwanese version the best because it covered the whole story and because it remained pretty faithful to the canon material.

Quote Quote:
    But episode 10 alone is enough as a payback for all those annoying episodes, lol. I even downloaded the whole series!
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Haven't tried Arang, once read not-so-positive review for it.
    After reading your guys’ comments, I’m not so sure about watching that drama anymore…

Quote Quote:
    I personally liked Chun Hyang, it's one of my favorite drama. Mong Ryong is adorable, and their love story is sweet although going back and forth a lot. If you have patience, do give it a try. <3
    I watched the first episode and it was great! The cute moments and the funny moments were awesome!! And that ending, it was hilarious!!
    Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee Seung gi, where have your choco abs gone?
    *drools*

HYD is still the winner in that regard, it has been adapted into 5 dramas, two films and one anime series.
    I see. Wow, such a winner.

I think people find the Taiwanese version the best because it covered the whole story and because it remained pretty faithful to the canon material.
    That's what I get after browsing around too.

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

I watched the first episode and it was great! The cute moments and the funny moments were awesome!! And that ending, it was hilarious!!
    Spoiler show
    Haha~ I've forgotten most details, but it was a great ride. Hope you'll enjoy it to the end!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

AAAARGH!!! Gu Family Book!!! So Frustrating!!!

Why did you have to end that way???

Last 2-3 episodes really dragged the entire show down!! I was played with, mind-fucked! Robbed of what could have been a precious Lee Seung Gi drama

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast