Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Heirs is airing this October.

I saw Personal Taste. So So, when you compare it to City Hunter and Faith.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else watched the new, currently on-going series? I only follow three titles:
    • Who Are You? - Almost a horror drama. Starring Taecyeon and a-female-whose-name-I-don't-know, I'm liking it so far. I didn't expect to like a horror drama, almost never watching one, but luckily this one is not that scary (so far). About policewoman who can see ghosts because of an accident and start solving cases with their help. Kim Jae Wook (I watched him in Bad Guy, I don't know other titles) also joins the cast, looking forward to his performance. I grew from hating to liking him in Bad Guy, and here he looks so hawt. <3 Another info is that this series is by tvN. I've loved tvN since Reply 1997 and Virus, so I'm so going with this one.
    • The Master's Sun - Another horror+romance+comedy drama, with plot very similar to Who Are You?. Starring So Ji Sub (Memories in Bali, Ghost) and Gong Hye Jin (Pasta), it talks about a girl who can see ghosts getting involved in a life of a super rich CEO boy. Up to 2 episodes so far and I can't really feel the comedy yet. It has funny moments, true, but not that spectacular. It's much more horror than Who Are You?. I need to remember to watch this at noon. -__-
    • Good Doctor - Starring (my) Joo Won, playing an autistic doctor! I'm yet to watch this one but it's getting positive reviews so far. It's gonna be the first medical drama I watch... I guess.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho in one drama? That's gotta become popular

ex oriente lux

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho in one drama? That's gotta become popular
    Yeah, definitely. From MyDramaList a lot are hyped up about this. Been a while since we saw Lee Min Ho anyway.

Hm, that reminds me that I once watched Lee Min Ho's ads for car, Toyota if I remember correctly. It's an advertisement, but made into a series of short stories. If you really need a Lee Min Ho now and haven't seen that ads, go to YouTube. XD

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There's one more drama I'm waiting for other than Heirs. That I just read about today. >.>

It's Park Shin Hye (Sorry! EDIT!!!) Yoon Yun Hye (Goong, among other dramas....) and Jung Yong Hwa (Heartstrings, also, vocalist of CNBlue) in Mirae's Choice.

It's another time-traveling stint- the girl time-travels to try to change her course in life (aka goes back in time). Yeah, I'm not too hot about the plot myself, but I loooove Jung Yong Hwa so...
    Last edited by baboysai; September 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Yong Hwa in any drama, yeah, so not sure how he goes... And at CN.BLUE I voted for Jong Hyun more than him so...

But Park Shin Hye again? baboysai, she played with Yong Hwa in Heartstrings. They are going to star together again? And she already has Heirs... Wow, she's so popular.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ahahahaha! my mistake! i edited it LOL

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. I actually liked Yun Hye quite much, especially in Goong (pretty but that dumb face is soo wiiin). But time traveling again, meh. I always have problem understanding the plot and thinking further about the effect to the current time but whatever, may try it out for fun if I have some time. :P

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys< I was wondering if Good Doctor is a good run? Not really all that impressed with the summary though? Master's Sun is so good and funny ^^ Imo much ebtter than Who are you.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Both seem to look good from the reviews, but I havent watched any of them

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Huhu how much I wish I can watch 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Hey guys< I was wondering if Good Doctor is a good run? Not really all that impressed with the summary though? Master's Sun is so good and funny ^^ Imo much ebtter than Who are you.
    I only saw one episode so don't trust my words too easily, lol. But I liked the way Joo Won acted there, I was unsure he could do it well but at least in first episode he pulled it off. Hopefully it would continue. The plot is interesting for someone who is in the same field like me (I mean medicine), so I understand why it may not be interesting for others.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Several weeks ago I watched a mini-series titled Double Tone ~Futari no Yumi~. The story is about two women named Yumi (Tamura Yumi and Nakano Yumi) whose consciousness are connected whenever they dream. They learn they are living two years apart, and Nakano (2YL!Yumi) eventually finds out that Tamura (2YA!Yumi) have passed away in her timeline. Tamura, knowing that she will be dead in two years, asks Nakano to get as much as information as possible: when she passed away, why or how she died, and whether or not her husband and young daughter are doing fine without her. Even though the two women have nothing in common with each other apart from their name, they both encounter a mysterious man who appears in each time period. Who is this guy, and what does he want?

The drama is only four episodes long so it's a good thing to watch to fill up time. It was nice to see a drama heavily focused on women, and the mystery part was pretty intriguing. However, I was a tad bit disappointed with the ending because my concept of time & space was different from the writer's.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Who has an account in AsiaTorrents.me? They're invitational only, so I was wondering if any good soul could send me an invite? I'll pm my email

---------- Post added October 16, 2013 at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was October 02, 2013 at 01:33 AM ----------

Okay. Watching 2 new kdramas of the season: Heirs and Mirae's Choice (alt. title: Marry Him if You Dare)

I love both! Park Shin Hye is awesome in Heirs. I love that she's a good actress to be paired with LMH. And the teen angst is great, gives the show a whole lot of excuses for the characters to act stupid since they're a bunch of kids.

I love Mirae's Choice- Yun Eun Hye is also a good actress, I believe. Jung Yong Hwa as improved much much more as an actor- he's not awkward-looking anymore.

May I mention that these two new dramas have great cinematography and editing! I think both aren't from cable broadcasts but the quality is really high.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So I spent my free time finishing the two drama I mentioned in my posts before: Who Are You? and The Master's Sun. I think the first won over the latter in overall points because it has a clearer plot. And I cried while watching Who Are You? thanks to the amazing Kim Jae Wook (I'm your fan now!). So Ji Sub made my day laughing and squee-ing in The Master's Sun, and his combination with Gong Hye Jin is actually interesting. I'm kind of disappointed with the plot of the story in last few episodes.

I also checked out Heirs. Lee Min Ho looks awesome there (I so love that hair, boys look good tidy like that!). The plot so far is pretty interesting although the confession sure comes fast, lol. From all supporting characters Chan Young seems most... normal here. I think. The rest are either too noisy or too much bad-boys/girls and so on. But we'll see. Hopefully it won't be disappointing.

Oh, and for anyone interested, Reply 1994 will start airing October 18th. Episode 0 is out (some kind of prologue).

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to Reply 1994, since I can relate to the plot (being a kid from the province also smack dab in the middle of the city for college).

I love how Dramabeans reviews Heirs- they see the plot as a kind of Sageuk parallelism so it's interesting when you look at it that way.

New Reply
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast