Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

Ah, I've heard this before! Positive responses were all I got. Thanks for reminding me, adding it to my to-watch list.

Have you ever watched "Hello, Ghost!" by the way? It's also a great series. Laughed and cried altogether.
    Hmm, i don´t know of a drama "Hello, Ghost" but i have seen the movie (i tried to watch everything with Cha Tae-Hyun after seeing "My Sassy Girl") about the guy who tries to commit suicide and as a result starts to see ghosts. It was very good.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Hmm, i don´t know of a drama "Hello, Ghost" but i have seen the movie (i tried to watch everything with Cha Tae-Hyun after seeing "My Sassy Girl") about the guy who tries to commit suicide and as a result starts to see ghosts. It was very good.
    Yes, that's the one I was talking about. So the other movies by this Cha Tae Hyun are awesome too, eh? Another thing to remember, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. So the other movies by this Cha Tae Hyun are awesome too, eh? Another thing to remember, thanks.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, most of them. If i had to name a few, "Flowers of my life" (drama), "My Sassy Girl", "Lover´s Concerto", "Sad Movie", "Miracle of a giving fool", "Scandal Makers" and "Champ".

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

any good korean dramas lately?
    i know a lot of people are watching "Missing You" and "Alice in Cheondangdong" but i don't know if they're good
    any opinions regarding the 2 dramas above or any recommendations?

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that our preferences are different anyway, so i am not surprised that you like many shows of 2011 and 2012. I can give you a few recs from those 2 years that i found extraordinary, it could be a bit biased though since i watched most of the titles with my ex-gf which could make series seem better than they really are:

Padam Padam
    Brain
    Salaryman Chohanji
    Fermentation Family
    City Hunter
    Arang and the Magistrate (very funny)
    A Gentleman´s Dignity (an unusual series for Korean drama)
    Golden Time
    Hero (very good)
    Queen In Hyun´s man
    First 10 episodes of Rooftop Prince
    Vampire Prosecutor 1 + 2
    Secret Garden (cheesy but still very good)
    The Princess Man
    Protect The Boss
    My Princess
    Tree With Deep Roots (absolute priority)
    I think I read good reviews about a lot of your recs, including Salaryman and Tree with Deep Roots.

I do plan to watch Padam Padam and Arang and the Magistrate.

Already watched Queen In Hyun's man, Rooftop prince (which also cracked me up the first half of the series), and City Hunter.

On my list, actually, of top priority- is Gaksital, but I'm leaving it for later because i'm assuming it's a heavy drama that I'll need to be prepared for emotional investment haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kimcheee View Post
    any good korean dramas lately?
    i know a lot of people are watching "Missing You" and "Alice in Cheondangdong" but i don't know if they're good
    any opinions regarding the 2 dramas above or any recommendations?
    what mood are you in for right now? comedy? heavy drama? high school stuff? romance?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I think I read good reviews about a lot of your recs, including Salaryman and Tree with Deep Roots.

Already watched Queen In Hyun's man, Rooftop prince (which also cracked me up the first half of the series), and City Hunter.

On my list, actually, of top priority- is Gaksital,
    but I'm leaving it for later because i'm assuming it's a heavy drama that I'll need to be prepared for emotional investment haha.
    Well, it is a drama in which the female audience can really drool over the main guy but if you ask me, it was rather shitty. Extremely overacted, bad plot and weird fighting scenes summarize the drama pretty well, nothing for me (you can say it´s a high budget idol drama). Salaryman was just crazy, Tree.... has the best plot + acting of all the titles, Padam Padam is a new wind in drama land and Arang was very cute and funny.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On my list, actually, of top priority- is Gaksital, but I'm leaving it for later because i'm assuming it's a heavy drama that I'll need to be prepared for emotional investment haha.

what mood are you in for right now? comedy? heavy drama? high school stuff? romance?
    I'm in the mood for some romantic comedy...any suggestions?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Rom com? then Reply 199 (Alt. title- Answer Me 1997) is the right one for you!

Super light, funny, endearing.

I think MiyamotoMusashi you would like this series too.

I wonder why you didn't like Gaksital, as I look at it it's not even something just for eyecandy (no Lee Min Ho in it, so...) now it makes me even more curious. But I'm going to watch Arang first.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why you didn't like Gaksital, as I look at it it's not even something just for eyecandy (no Lee Min Ho in it, so...) now it makes me even more curious. But I'm going to watch Arang first.
    i watched that drama when it came out but i didn't really like it =/
    i watched arang too since Lee Jun Ki was in it ^0^

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it´s not like the female audience only likes Lee Min Ho . This guy is the main and this guy is the second main guy. Well, the reasons why i do not like Gaksital are already stated above, it´s a rather overrated drama in my opinion but i do not want to keep you from watching it and make an opinion yourself.
    Answer 1997 sounds very good but the thing that kept me from watching it till now is the fact that it apparently has many references to the 90s Korean pop culture which i would not understand at all.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i watched that drama when it came out but i didn't really like it =/
    Gaksital or Reply 1997?

Answer 1997 sounds very good but the thing that kept me from watching it till now is the fact that it apparently has many references to the 90s Korean pop culture which i would not understand at all.
    yeah well I'm sure if the viewer was familiar with the references then the drama would have been an 11.5/10. I'm no korean, and I did miss the references, but I still enjoyed the series so much despite that. It has a solid story anyway that it could sell even without the references.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the mood for some romantic comedy...any suggestions?
    Rpmantic comedy... Would you mind some fantasy? I recently watched My Girlfriend is Gumiho and it fits those categories. Although it's not a superb drama, I think it's quite good despite all the fantasy thing. If you dislike fantasy, I think Delighful Girl Chun Hyang can be included as a romantic comedy as well. Now I recommend that one: fresh, funny, lovely.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaksital or Reply 1997?

yeah well I'm sure if the viewer was familiar with the references then the drama would have been an 11.5/10. I'm no korean, and I did miss the references, but I still enjoyed the series so much despite that. It has a solid story anyway that it could sell even without the references.
    Reply 1997...the storyline was cute and all but it was one of those dramas where i was like...ehh...

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Rpmantic comedy... Would you mind some fantasy? I recently watched My Girlfriend is Gumiho and it fits those categories. Although it's not a superb drama, I think it's quite good despite all the fantasy thing. If you dislike fantasy, I think Delighful Girl Chun Hyang can be included as a romantic comedy as well. Now I recommend that one: fresh, funny, lovely.
    I watched My Girlfriend is a Gumiho when it came out and it was cute but it was kind of weird xD
    I started watching it cause Lee Seung Gi was in it ^^

Delightful Girl Chun Hyang...I watched as well

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched My Girlfriend is a Gumiho when it came out and it was cute but it was kind of weird xD
    I started watching it cause Lee Seung Gi was in it ^^

Delightful Girl Chun Hyang...I watched as well
    I see. XD I always have a hard time understanding a fantasy drama, Gumiho included. The first few episodes were hard and slow for me, the latter part was better. And yeah, I watched Gumiho because of Seung Gi-oppa as well. <333 And Chun Hyang is just awesome.

Nodame Cantabile is more about music but it has romance and comedy as well. But it may come too strange for some people's taste.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh but Nodame Cantabile will be always part of my TOP 3 drama of all time!

It's unique because of its characters, plus Ueno Juri and Hiroshi Tamaki caught the characterization perfectly. I like their style of growing in love, where they kept their individuality, and brought out the best in each other.

New Reply
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast