Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zankyou no Terror

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Zankyou no Terror

Zankyou no Terror

Episodes: 11
    Aired: Jul 11, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, FUNimation EntertainmentL, MAPPA
    Genres: Psychological, Thriller

Synopsis
    In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zankyou no Terror

Just watched the first episode, this is pretty much what i wanted Space Dandy to be, which may sound stupid considering the different premises of the two but it is just that i expected a lot more of Dandy considering Watanabe was leading the project.
    This was an almost perfectly executed first episode, the pace befitting a 1-cour show, top-notch animation( Kaneko is a veteran, so no surprise there), while the directing is stylistically appealing. The premise is interesting and leaves open a lot of opportunities.
    The characters are ok for now, i like Nine whose demeanor is appropriate for the undertaking while also covering a softer side i guess, Twelve is more annoying and a bit mentally retarded (but for some reason, that type is really popular in anime).
    Lisa´s involvement may become interesting, i just hope she won´t try to become some kind of moral compass for the other two, that would be lame and disappointing.
    Definitely looking forward to the next episode and beyond that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Not fan of the OP and END, but the show itself is pretty neat.
    So we have two antiheroes as the protagonists of this story, who just want to see the world burn it seems.
    I wonder why they're doing this though.....has it something to do with the dream that one of them keeps having?
    Looking forward to the next episode.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks as if the OP and ED are trying to reflect the horror, mystery, and terror, but to me they failed and ended up as "strange" only to an unlikeable level. Doesn't matter, I'll just skip them.

Quite an interesting pilot episode. Yeah, it's rare to see main characters aiming to destroy the world instead of saving it. I'm curious if we will see the group expanded, since it will be hard to do it with only 2-3 people. And they also call themselves Nine and Twelve; I thought they had more friends out there with other numbers. XD But after the dream scene, probably the numbers came from there.

Let's see what other terror they are planning to do~

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrorsits MCs and a bullied girl, I don't understand her problem with her mother... Good start, nothing special but interesting, the art is excellent and I like the tracks so far, the VA are good too, I have the impression many female VAs sound like KanaHana recently, maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    It looks as if the OP and ED are trying to reflect the horror, mystery, and terror, but to me they failed and ended up as "strange" only to an unlikeable level. Doesn't matter, I'll just skip them.
    Same.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Better start than I expected, people usually hype up pretty mediocre properties associated with one of the staff member so I was cautiously expecting another terrible work, but was wholly surprised to see a pretty excellent story being told. I think one of the weak links in the story could prevent it from truly shining Lisa's personality is a problem especially to be an accomplice since weve had many characters of similar personalities in such a role that it just feels really unoriginal offering nothing new or interesting. And worst yet could become a stumbling block for the characters who one is trying to move on. Baffling decision by twelve to bring her along in order to help nine move on. Why are outgoing characters never in the accomplice role?

Aimer is the best part of the music force at work with yet another delightful song to tickle our ears with. I cant wait for the full single as well as any other songs associated with it.

Twelve gave best moments and put on the best performance.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ great bishounen material, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Terrorsits MCs and a bullied girl, I don't understand her problem with her mother... Good start, nothing special but interesting, the art is excellent and I like the tracks so far, the VA are good too, I have the impression many female VAs sound like KanaHana recently, maybe it's just me.
    Not too hard to figure out, by her wish that everything should just disappear. The problem with her mother is that she seems to know that Lisa has it hard (dunno if it's only bullying) and thus tries to keep constantly in check with her. Funnily enough the wrong approach a lot of times, as it probably makes Lisa feel even more miserable and reminds her of all the problems she's trying to ignore. That's why she threw away the Bentou her mother made for her, most likely. She seems pretty far down the line of being a seclusive and bitter outcast, so I imagine she's going to cooperate with them pretty easily, after some first doubts. If anything, I expect her to change dramatically, though I'm really curious to see how things are going to play out. Wouldn't be the first time a supposedly weak character manages to overgrow the strong ones

Looks like a potentially great show but too early to tell. And no, it's not just you

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

For those interested, I took another look at what her mother wrote:

"How is class?
    How is class?
    Soon time for lunch, right?
    Are you getting along well with your friends?
    Does the lunch taste good?
    Why did you leave so early today?
    It’s important to eat your breakfast, you know.
    Are you at school yet?
    Are you at school yet?"

The one later:

"Take care.
    Be careful out there.
    Did you eat your lunch?
    Did it taste good?
    Were you headed to the Tokyo Government Office today? (translator is not sure if "Government Office" is the correct term)
    When will you be finished there?
    When are you coming home?
    Will you be able to come home soon?"

So yep, sounds like your overprotective mother, probably because of past events.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OP and ED were very meh... Certainly not the kind of music I like.

Well apart from that... Teens destroying stuff for a reaosn we don't know yet.
    Lisa is afraid of hights or something and was bullied... Her mother spamming her 24/7 didn't help either.

Not sure what to think... Could be a second Coppelion or maybe even something good. Certainly not my favourite show so far.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting first episode. Although it had the cliche mysterious scene in the beginning before go to a school and transfer students, the main characters are intriguing and all his plan to blast that building is appearently meaningless until now, but they seemed having a very bad past and a reason to do this. Also, their actions were not normal for terrorists, save a person who knew everything they did and somewhat add her in their party suddenly... The word that describes this first episode is intriguing, indeed. That's good, I'm anxious to watch the next episode.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    ^ great bishounen material, no doubt.
    Personally I find him creepy with his smile.

Quote Quote:
    Not too hard to figure out, by her wish that everything should just disappear. The problem with her mother is that she seems to know that Lisa has it hard (dunno if it's only bullying) and thus tries to keep constantly in check with her. Funnily enough the wrong approach a lot of times, as it probably makes Lisa feel even more miserable and reminds her of all the problems she's trying to ignore. That's why she threw away the Bentou her mother made for her, most likely. She seems pretty far down the line of being a seclusive and bitter outcast, so I imagine she's going to cooperate with them pretty easily, after some first doubts. If anything, I expect her to change dramatically, though I'm really curious to see how things are going to play out. Wouldn't be the first time a supposedly weak character manages to overgrow the strong ones

Looks like a potentially great show but too early to tell. And no, it's not just you
    I see. Makes sense, just throw the phone instead of the bento then.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Personally I find him creepy with his smile.

I see. Makes sense, just throw the phone instead of the bento then.
    The fujoshi love frosty boys like him who have a soft heart inside, I can already see all the the fanpics of him paired up with that other bishounen coming.... but yeah, personally I find him to be rather creepy too. The whole show seems to have a pretty dark tone, but not like I mind.

I guess her keeping the phone symbolizes that she hasn't completely given up yet, or still feels connected to her mother (who obviously cares for her, just doing it the wrong way) despite the messages being unpleasant for her.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Terror story part and the two "detectives" were good. Characters were pretty meh. I liked none of them. Not that they were trying to be anything likable, but that wasn't the point. I'm hoping they don't try and make it as sound as if a terror act is justifiable by any sort of past events for "Nine" and "Twelve".

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    For those interested, I took another look at what her mother wrote:

Spoiler show
    My mother is over-protective, so, I'll have to disagree. That is beyond over-protection. It sounds almost like obsession. There is definitely something wrong, either with the girl or with the mother, or possibly with them both, mentally.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nine/Hisami is the type of character who appears friendly and unassuming but is actually pretty creepy. It seems as if their "terror" plot doesn't involve getting ordinary civilians involved and their target are buildings that are of significant to them- I could be wrong about this assumption, of course. I wonder if Nine and Twelve are working alone or whether they're part of a larger unit.

I guess Lisa will play the part of the audience where we'll learn more about Nine and Twelve, their goals, their origins, etc. through her point of view.

Minor notes: the OP had a cool animation sequence.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While pretty much of the series has a great quality to it, I'm not sure I want to follow a series with two terrorists as the MCs. It's simply disgusting to me. And I surely am not someone that support the american way of revenge after 9/11, but damn that ruthlessness combined with Hisamis fucked up smile. Lisa describes it as warm, I only see creepy. I hope both of them die a slow, slow death at the end of episode eleven.

Yeah the ending credits are bad, but that voice.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 15, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well, yeah. Honestly, I don't see how Lisa described it a warm smile. Not saying Nine is a psycho or anything judging by a single episode, but that definitely was a far cry from being a truly gentle smile.
    Perhaps Lisa is so fed up with what she has going for her in her own life that even that half-crazed smile was able to lit up a candle of hope in her heart. I guess that's how I'd explain the warmness part.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast