Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gokukoku no Brynhildr

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Episodes: 13
    Aired: Apr 6, 2014 to ?
    Producers: VAP, Arms
    Genres: Mystery, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Seinen

Synopsis
    When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital.

Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kurohaneko!

And even though she insists on never having met Murakami before, the girl has superhuman strength and seems to even be able to predict the future!

How will Murakami's life change now that he has been saved by this mysterious girl that claims to be a magician?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Episode 1:

An up-tempo first episode. The fact that Murakami did not forget his childhood love is touching, considering all that happened when he was a little kid. Maybe Kuroha has seen what the future is herself, rather than foreseeing it. Can't know what it's about before she explains the drug and the surgery that gave her powers. A little bit disappointed that she didn't have the moles, but for some reason, did not expect her to have them, either.

Overall, a very good start.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued by the mystery behind everything. And plots involving some sort of ESP and forecast of future deaths tend to draw me in. Very good start indeed--probably running currently in the middle of my pack of shows at the moment, but I'm certainly looking forward to the next episode.

I'm really interested in Kuroha's past and why she's so much like Kuroneko but... not her. Or maybe she is her altered in some way or another and the moles were removed for some reason. I'd be interested to see how this is resolved later, if it is at all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I do get the feeling that those Aliens are not just there for the lulz.
    It was good start. Neko-chan really is a very cute female lead and I can totally see why he would like her. I wonder if we get an explanation about her origins in this one season. If not I just read the Manga.
    But as I said solid start. Being able to see the future + "magic" caused by science. Looking forward to see where this is going.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Himeragi, is that you? LOL
    Anyway this is definitely a must-watch and Neko is freaking adorable and I have the feeling that she will be a very badass character with her powers.
    The first episode was a good one and I'm already waiting for the next one.
    To conclude, I don't want to look like a pervert (.......well, I admit that I am, but in this case I'm saying it seriously), but the fact that Neko's moles aren't visibles, couldn't be linked with her growth? I mean...she's grown a lot....there. LOL

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Average first episode. The main character seems unstable since he doesn't believe that Kuroneko died until now. Deny the death after 10 years is strange; of course, everybody gets sad with something like that, but after some time, there is no other choice but accept. 10 years long denial phase is strange, indeed.
    Besides this, nothing was very well explained, waiting for clearer explanations on the next episode.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I do get the feeling that those Aliens are not just there for the lulz.
    It was good start. Neko-chan really is a very cute female lead and I can totally see why he would like her. I wonder if we get an explanation about her origins in this one season. If not I just read the Manga.
    But as I said solid start. Being able to see the future + "magic" caused by science. Looking forward to see where this is going.
    I've read the first couple of manga volumes. A basic explanation should come pretty soon, when the other characters are added.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The second episode was pretty interesting. The way they exterminate witches is pretty brutal, and I hope Kuroha doesn't suffer that same fate. Overall, it was lighthearted, but I get the feeling things are going to turn dark pretty soon, and the last minute seems to have hinted at that. It doesn't seem like witches live very long, either.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

What a cold blooded scientist (?) group. They seem to treat the witch girls like they are.. objects. I wonder why they feel they need to kill anyone who has come to know about their powers. It's not like those people could go ahead and tell the rest of the world about all that and get other people to believe them. At best, they'd be treated as people who have gone crazy.

Kuroha kanji reading scene and then the scene with cake were fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    What a cold blooded scientist (?) group. They seem to treat the witch girls like they are.. objects. I wonder why they feel they need to kill anyone who has come to know about their powers. It's not like those people could go ahead and tell the rest of the world about all that and get other people to believe them. At best, they'd be treated as people who have gone crazy.

Kuroha kanji reading scene and then the scene with cake were fun.
    What about the scene in which she was singing and was heard by the MC? LOL
    Either way yes, it was a funny episode because of the comedy, but also a dark one with the witch being killed like that.
    I do wonder what's going on in this city.....
    Looking forward to the next episode.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    What about the scene in which she was singing and was heard by the MC? LOL
    Yeah, forgot the cutest scene. Cheered me up after I felt bitter about the dream he saw.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This show is pretty good with keeping the balance between the cruel darkness of the with project or the Kuronekos death and very cute scenes like Kuroha humming that song and Kana wanting the cake.
    I really wanna know where this leads to.
    Especially the dubstep opening, which I find really, really cool for some reason, shows some interesting scenes. Either the girls are "healthy" and the world is destroyed or they are pretty much dead and the world is fine. I have a bad feeling... Especially after reading the very first page of the Manga...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I'm watching this, the more I'm somewhat reminded of Elfen Lied, which isn't shocking since both are created by the same mangaka, and both are animated by the same studio. If I'm getting these same vibes, a similar feeling of lightheartedness at times, but also darkness. I heard that things are going to turn bloody and dark pretty quickly.

If I recall correctly, Elfen Lied also had an atyipcal OP for the time it was released. I'm quite liking Gokukoku's OP also.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    The more I'm watching this, the more I'm somewhat reminded of Elfen Lied, which isn't shocking since both are created by the same mangaka, and both are animated by the same studio. If I'm getting these same vibes, a similar feeling of lightheartedness at times, but also darkness. I heard that things are going to turn bloody and dark pretty quickly.

If I recall correctly, Elfen Lied also had an atyipcal OP for the time it was released. I'm quite liking Gokukoku's OP also.
    Yeah this basically screams Elfen Lied. Kinda lighthearted with foreshadowing darkness, until shit hits the fan. Elfen Lied felt a bit darker in general, right from the beginning, but besides that it gives me the same vibe. The start is a bit slow to me, but the mysteries are there to unfold and giving how much I enjoyed Elfen Lied I'm more than willing to patiently wait. Shame there's no way the anime will cover everything, the manga's simply too long for that.

And yes, similar style for the OP too. Both are really nice in their own way, but I prefer the song from Brynhildr. Oh well, I wonder if we will get the same amount of gore.... like it or not, that's one of the things that made Elfen Lied stand out.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode was strange, but this second was a bit better. Sounds hard being a witch and there are many things we don't know yet.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast