Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

wwwwwhat???

you never heard of Engine??

look at all the big stars its got? Kimura Takuya, Ueno Juri, Koyuki (Last Samurai, Kimi wa Petto), Toda Erika...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

From what I see you two are huge fans of romance drama?
    Yes, I’m a big fan of it. I’m a romantic person so I do enjoy (love) watching series with romance as part of them, especially if romance is a big part of them.

@baboysai: My Boss My Hero…that series was great!!

Btw, I’m almost all caught up with Faith and I must say that this K-drama gets better and better by the episode. I’m enjoying watching it a lot!

---------- Post added September 28, 2012 at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was August 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM ----------

I’m currently watching Ouran, the live-action, and I’m enjoying watching it a lot!

It is one of the best drama adaption I have ever watched, it is very faithful to the original material which is something I greatly appreciate in a drama adaption. Plus, the acting is great, especially Tamaki. Tamaki is not a very easy character to portray and the actor whose name I don’t remember, he is amazing as Tamaki!! All the other actors do an awesome job as well.

Watching this J-drama not only makes want for another season of it but for another season of the anime as well.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Ouran had a live action... does it finish up like the manga? because the anime finished in the middle of when the manga was serialized.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I didn't know Ouran had a live action... does it finish up like the manga? because the anime finished in the middle of when the manga was serialized.
    It doesn't go all the way, but it has already had a movie continuation (coming out on DVD sometimes soon I think) and I'm hoping it ends with the manga's ending, but then who knows.

The drama finishes with Haruhi being all dokidoki for the first time while dancing with Tamaki.

ex oriente lux

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe they're planning a second season then?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Yes, I’m a big fan of it. I’m a romantic person so I do enjoy (love) watching series with romance as part of them, especially if romance is a big part of them.
    Then I'll recommend King 2 Hearts to you. And baboysai-chan too. Well, it is quite a dark humor series. The plot takes in view of tension between North and South Korea, and about how two representative of both countries are trying to make things peaceful despite attacks from various sides. Of course, in relation with some romance too. Nice basic plot, great actors, amazing soundtracks (this series won an award as drama with best soundtrack). There are humor, romance, action, it's just so complete, hohohoho~

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's a classic setting?

Anyway, have you guys ever watched Japanese period dramas? coz, at one point Kimura Takuya starred in one, and I think last year or this year Ueno Juri also has one...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's a classic setting?

Anyway, have you guys ever watched Japanese period dramas? coz, at one point Kimura Takuya starred in one, and I think last year or this year Ueno Juri also has one...
    Classic? No, it's set in a modern world, with technologies like the latest Samsung Galaxy and guns. <3

Japanese drama, I haven't watched a lot and not updated to their news... I haven't been able to find an interesting summary of a J-drama so far, seriously. K-drama do better in that area.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, not sure if its the right place to post but here it goes remove it if its wrong place

Just done watching "To the beautiful you"

Details:
    Title: 아름다운 그대에게 / Areumdawun Geodaeege
    Also known as: To the Beautiful You / Hana Kimi / For You in Full Blossom
    Genre: Romance, comedy, youth
    Episodes: 16

Synopsis:

The series centers on Goo Jae Hee, a Korean girl who lives in the United States. One day, she sees a track and field competition on TV, and becomes attracted to one of the high jump competitors, Kang Tae Joon. She begins to idolize the young athlete and eventually transfers to Korea to attend the same school that Tae Joon attends after he suffers an accident that could potentially end his career. There is a catch, however: Tae Joon attends an all-boys high school and Jae Hee must disguise herself as a boy to enter.
    Cast

Choi Seol Ri as Goo Jae Hee
    Min Ho as Kang Tae Joon
    Lee Hyun Woo as Cha Eun Kyul
    Kim Ji Won as Seol Han Na
    Suh Joon Young as Ha Seung Ri
    Kang Ha Neul as Joo Ji Chul
    Hwang Kwang Hee as Song Jong Min

My thoughts.Well dorama was a bit clicheish, but at the same time it brings something new.Kinda refreshing.If you listen to some Kpop you will recognize main leads are from SHinee and F(x).So I reccomend if you guys have nothing to watch right now

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

so it's a korean version of Hana Kimi? how do you compare it with the manga/j-dorama and taiwanese ones?

I've tried watching the j drama but didn't like it too much :/ And the Taiwanese one aired on TV and I didn't find the cast attractive so I didn't watch that hahahaha.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

so it's a korean version of Hana Kimi? how do you compare it with the manga/j-dorama and taiwanese ones?

I've tried watching the j drama but didn't like it too much :/ And the Taiwanese one aired on TV and I didn't find the cast attractive so I didn't watch that hahahaha.
    i mean its hard for me to tell since i didnt watch other adaptations, but i think actors r doing a great job and its worth the watch

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my friends who are a hard-core Korean drama fans really liked To the Beautiful You. They have never checked Hana Kimi, though. And I don't know how much it stays true to the original story, so can't say much there. But it seems to have quite a fan base for having tons of interesting, handsome actors.

On another note, any of you watching "Reply Me 1997"? Lots of my friends are going crazy over it, I'm the edge of trying it but still tempted with lots of anime to watch too so I'm still weighing my options.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my friends who are a hard-core Korean drama fans really liked To the Beautiful You. They have never checked Hana Kimi, though. And I don't know how much it stays true to the original story, so can't say much there. But it seems to have quite a fan base for having tons of interesting, handsome actors.

On another note, any of you watching "Reply Me 1997"? Lots of my friends are going crazy over it, I'm the edge of trying it but still tempted with lots of anime to watch too so I'm still weighing my options.

this drama was okayish, but sooooooo similiar to A.N.Jell like omg. I basically was watching it because of the cast

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know what you mean by A.N.Jell, hahaha~ Looks like it is a heavy romantic drama. Probably I can give it a try for a bit.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know what you mean by A.N.Jell, hahaha~ Looks like it is a heavy romantic drama. Probably I can give it a try for a bit.
    really? haha thats my very first drama..where it all started basically.Here A.N.Jell also some good cast i suppose

New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast