Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    hmm I'm trying to look for streaming links. The one I usually go to has broken links
    Have you tried dramacrazy, I’m watching it there and the links I’m using work just fine.

This K-drama is really addictive; I have watched more than half the series by now! Every episode adds something new to the story so it never gets boring. The acting is great! I now completely understand why LSG, SMA and NMW, all of them received awards; they’re all doing a very good job in this K-drama. I also understand why LSG and SMA received the best couple award, their chemistry is wonderful! Plus, the love story of the character they are playing in this series is so sweet!

Now about the boys, while I find DW very adorable, funny, sweet and cute and I like him very much, I can’t help but every time DJ appears. He is a very interesting antagonist, yes I’m totally biased, but I think he is the most complex character in this series.

Now, the female antagonist,
    Spoiler show

Spoiler: for plot show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 29, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok will try your link tonight thanks!! ^o^

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I love DramaCrazy but when I went there for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho the links were broken so...

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

ah wait it's working now >.<

---------- Post added November 01, 2012 at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was October 30, 2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

I'm at episode 7 of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and...

It's really painful to watch this series... painful in the sense that, it's kind of killing you slowly while you watch a seemingly lighthearted story full of laughs here and there. But to see how honest the guy is about his feelings for another girl, and to see Mi Ho so innocent slowly learning about emotions and heartbreak... It's so sad

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

oh and by the way, I noticed a few cameos from other stars hehe. Which I found curious.

One was Park Shin-Hye of "Heartstrings" and "You're Beautiful"

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really painful to watch this series... painful in the sense that, it's kind of killing you slowly while you watch a seemingly lighthearted story full of laughs here and there. But to see how honest the guy is about his feelings for another girl, and to see Mi Ho so innocent slowly learning about emotions and heartbreak... It's so sad
    My girlfriend is a gumiho is a rollercoaster so get ready for some very funny, sweet and happy moments and also for some heartbreaking, painful and sad ones.

Two more episodes before I finish watching this K-drama, this series is so addictive!

DW might not be as handsome as DJ but he has stolen my heart.
    Spoiler show

Miho, she has become one of my favorite female characters from the Asian drama world…
    Spoiler show

Noona, the only redeeming quality about her was the fact that
    Spoiler show

I have no clue how this drama is going to end, all I know is that
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

is anyone following an ongoing drama May Queen? Its pretty good if i must say

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Will someone recommend me some great k-dramas that are on Netflix or Crunchyroll?
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    @MattC302
    i don't know netflix or crunchyroll, but you could try The Innocent Man, main cast is by Song Jong ki; the main character have to many misfortune and lot of bad thing happen to him.
    I have a friend who is really addicted to this series called The Innocent Man. From what she told me the plot is quite interesting. It seems to be rather dark, with theme revolving around revenge and romance. Nothing works from there, LOL~

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    This K-drama is really addictive; I have watched more than half the series by now! Every episode adds something new to the story so it never gets boring. The acting is great! I now completely understand why LSG, SMA and NMW, all of them received awards; they’re all doing a very good job in this K-drama. I also understand why LSG and SMA received the best couple award, their chemistry is wonderful! Plus, the love story of the character they are playing in this series is so sweet!
    I think I only saw Shin Min Ah in A Love to Kill and the plot of that series truly makes me confused to the core. I can only vouch for Seung Gi, I guess. Perhaps I can be counted as one of the Airen (a term to call the fans of Lee Seung Gi) as he is a great actor. I didn't check Gumiho even though I know Seung Gi played in it because I just didn't like the genre/plot, but from Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy and King2Hearts, he really did well on his characters. People may complain how he played similar character in all those drama, but he did great and matched it well.

If you haven't heard of it, Seung Gi is going to play in another drama soon. Looks like the drama will be a bit historical, with romance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    is anyone following an ongoing drama May Queen? Its pretty good if i must say
    No, I haven't, unfortunately. Not really into drama lately, though, LOL~ I feel like I've heard it somewhere, though.

As for me myself, I ended up checking out Reply 1997 or Answer to 1997. I didn't know it was a sitcom (meaning shorter than usual TV drama). It is such a dynamic series of life: from jokes to sad moments to broken hearts to many other things. The cast may not exceed physically but they played their characters well. I like it quite much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    ^ have you try this
    @MattC302
    i don't know netflix or crunchyroll, but you could try The Innocent Man, main cast is by Song Jong ki; the main character have to many misfortune and lot of bad thing happen to him.
    Thanks so much for the recommendation. Netflix has My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox, so I'll definitely give it a try.

I just recently got a Roku streaming device and with Netflix and Crunchyroll, there is a ton of Korean dramas available. I want to get into them, but it is hard to know where to start and to know what is good. Thanks so much.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I suddenly miss Japanese drama. There's a different feeling I get with Japanese drama- it's that they cut deep and swift, hahaha. with just 10 or 11 episodes of potency.

---------- Post added November 02, 2012 at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was November 01, 2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

waaaa destiny-chan, I thought I would finish the drama before you!

I watched and watched until 9 am in the morning I thought I was gonna die if my blood didn't start regenerating lol. My years are being sucked away by watching dramas up to so late in the morning!

Apparently My Girlfriend is a Gumiho is by the Hong Sisters, that's why there were ANJell cameos...

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Thanks so much for the recommendation. Netflix has My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox, so I'll definitely give it a try.
    Glad to hear you are going to give it a try. I enjoyed watching it very much. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. ^_^

P.S. Please do share your thoughts and comments about it.

waaaa destiny-chan, I thought I would finish the drama before you!

I watched and watched until 9 am in the morning I thought I was gonna die if my blood didn't start regenerating lol. My years are being sucked away by watching dramas up to so late in the morning!
    Poor baboysai-chan! And yeah, MGIG is very addictive, it is very difficult to stop once you start watching it.

I finished watching MGIG a couple of days ago, the last episode was very good, with the exception of a single thing; I liked the way things ended. The last episode was so good that it even made me cry
    Spoiler show
    Now the only thing I wasn’t very fond of was the way in which
    Spoiler show

Anyway, besides that point, I liked everything about the last episode. It was a very good episode and after watching it, I now feel very confident about recommending this K-drama to all my fellow drama fans.

P.S. Both DW and DJ stole my heart during this K-drama!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 04, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MGIG ending
    Spoiler show

I have now 3 JDramas up my list, since after MGIG I decided to check out the top 2011 JDramas and choose from there. I wanted the light-hearted ones though, since most of the good JDrama from the list apparently were the tear-jerking ones...

But that has been put on hold because... for some reason I'm watching the period drama "Gou- Himetachi no Sengoku" about Oda Nobunaga's niece that grows to become the wife of a Tokugawa and a mother of an empress...

---------- Post added November 07, 2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was November 05, 2012 at 12:46 PM ----------

oh by the way, another period drama of an alternate history, adapted from a famous manga (who also has already inspired a film in 2010) is Ooku: The Inner Chambers.

The movie covers only the first volume of the manga series, titled Ooku- The Lady Shogun and her Men. The Drama maybe covers more, but I cannot tell because it only began airing this October so there are only three eps so far.

You can now probably tell- the premise of the story is that an epidemic wipes out 75% of the male population and are being treated as a special gender, therefore women began to assume the more prominent roles and a complete role reversal takes place, that the shogun is female, and her concubines are male, kept deep in the castle where only she can enter.

The manga is great, and I want to watch this movie, and the drama after too.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MGIG ending
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there can't be another season... it's pretty rare to see sequels...

---------- Post added November 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was November 08, 2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

just finished my first taiga drama. hehe so fascinating to see kimonos and castles and lords and dainty ladies fluttering about

and wives and children being used politically without any flinch of emotions whatsoever.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone following FH2,Innocent man,missing you,5 fingers?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, not I. I'd been missing Japanese drama for quite a while so I'm in JDrama mode right now.

but all that's on hold because I have a lot of important things to do and once I start on a drama I can't do anything else but watch!

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

i tried to watch some other dramas , but it seems i just cant watch anything but K-related..Got too used to hearing korean i guess. Even though i did watch taiwanese skip beat, but then again it had donghae and shiwon

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get used to Taiwanese, though haha.

But I can adjust pretty well between Japanese and Korean.

New Reply
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast