Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

NO

I thought my days of ImgonnawatchadramaallnightbcuzIjusthaveto are not going to come back

What if I ruin my future by being sleepy tomorrow

Phio-chan this is your fault

....Watching King 2 Hearts

Spoiler show

ex oriente lux

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    NO

I thought my days of ImgonnawatchadramaallnightbcuzIjusthaveto are not going to come back

Spoiler show
    ur so late on this one

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I watched first two episodes like...... well, A LOT months ago I think, after p-chan watched it.... I just picked it up again tonight

T_T

ex oriente lux

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

currently watching "Kaseifu no Mita" (The Housekeeper Mita).

dafuq with dysfunctional families... Japanese dramas tend to be quite heavy >.<

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I can't get used to Taiwanese, though haha.
    I don't know, I can be wrong very much, but there is this special feeling, this spark, you feel when you find your K-drama or J-drama. But I haven't been able to find that with C-drama. I mean, there are good ones, yes, but they never got me hooked like K/J-drama did. I can't really explain why. XD

NO

Spoiler show
    ARE. YOU. SERIOUS.

But better late than never, Dallie-chan. No one -- and I mean like, literally, no one, lol -- ever managed to drop K2H after getting to the awesome part.

And yes, as heartbreaking as it could be. Fate is cruel, but at least she managed to see the light beyond despair. I cried super hard on episode 19, to the point that my mom laughed at me because I never cried so badly watching a drama series (after Endless Love which is literally made to make you cry a ton).

Spoiler show

P.S.: Dorakun why did you like Dallie's post? Did you watch K2H too?!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

should I.... watch K 2 H then?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

should I.... watch K 2 H then?
    I don't need to say a word about it.

If you liked the way Lee Seung Gi played his character in Gumiho and Brilliant Legacy, you will probably like him here as well. King 2 Hearts has comedy, romance, action, and the tension as well. Personally I loved the drama, but that's also because I like Seung Gi as an actor as well.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah it's Lee Seung Gi. Okay, I'll watch it this week. I'm almost done with Kaseifu no Mita, and I could sure use some comedy...

---------- Post added November 27, 2012 at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was November 24, 2012 at 02:19 PM ----------

KING 2 HEARS I'M WATCHING THE 11TH EPISODE AFTER WORK!!!

RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO WORK WITH 4 HOURS OF SLEEP THANKS TO YOU

CURSES!

---------- Post added November 29, 2012 at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was November 27, 2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

I just finished King 2 Hearts...

Sadly disappointing for me. I enjoyed it for the first 12 episodes, maybe. But it dragged on, and got too over the top.

It would have been nice if they kept it simple, really. I could have been satisfied with the simple plot of
    Spoiler show

To be fair, I did like Lee Seung Gi here. I appreciate him even more now. And this guy is cute

I did like their execution a bit, and it's always interesting to see Royal practices and formalities. That alone could have provided enough material, really. And I loved also the Queen Mother, she was perfect for the role.

But I would just rate this 5.5/10, sadly.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL~

I just finished King 2 Hearts...

Sadly disappointing for me. I enjoyed it for the first 12 episodes, maybe. But it dragged on, and got too over the top.

It would have been nice if they kept it simple, really. I could have been satisfied with the simple plot of
    Spoiler show
    The drama was intended to be a dark humor series. It might rub people off the wrong way especially when they relate to the North Korea. I like that part of the story. The whole plot is actually about the relationship of two countries. Had it been made like Goong, I guess it would decrease the excitement a bit. I appreciate K2H for taking a different path compared to other drama. Or I'm just too biased, LOL~

Spoiler show

He's so cute indeed. I like the Imperial Guards generally. They are handsome, yes. And of course at the top of them, the super awesome King.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah at first I thought the North Korea part was, woah... treading on thin ice. But I liked the initial plot of having a North Korean (military girl, no less) marry the prince. That was really original, and a lot of humor going around that. A lot of boundaries being pushed, and the humor was fun for me, but I wouldn't know if it would be okay for others- I mean, I can take sarcasm or racist jokes extremely well so that's fine, I don't know if others would react to that the same way I do (i.e. Koreans). That's why I wondered if North Koreans could really watch this show lol.

By far I thought that was the boldest Korean series I've seen, so many international whatnots involved, etc. etc. I just really felt that part about John Mayer was stretched too much. Or, poor execution of it anyway. I've been watching TV dramas for a long time now, so I know how to take these shows at face value (i.e. not questioning the laws of physics, or common sense, or shallow plot devices) but I thought this was just too much haha.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really loved K2H, really a lot, although the whole theme of terrorism and John Mayer being there and them being unable to do anything was sooo frustrating

oh yeah, can we talk how awesome Jae Shin x Shi Kyung are?

AND HOW UNFAIR

!!!!!!!

rly my favorite character......

ex oriente lux

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really ready to move on to the next dramedy please

I think I'll try 11 nin mo iru. Not sure if it's comedy, since the top 2011 japanese dramas were, well, really heavy according to reviews...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah at first I thought the North Korea part was, woah... treading on thin ice. But I liked the initial plot of having a North Korean (military girl, no less) marry the prince. That was really original, and a lot of humor going around that. A lot of boundaries being pushed, and the humor was fun for me, but I wouldn't know if it would be okay for others- I mean, I can take sarcasm or racist jokes extremely well so that's fine, I don't know if others would react to that the same way I do (i.e. Koreans). That's why I wondered if North Koreans could really watch this show lol.
    From my friends who are crazier about the series than me, they said that the rating wasn't so high compared to other drama, say, romance or comedy ones. Indeed as you say it is rather hard for Koreans to accept probably. For me it is easier since I'm someone neutral outside the 'fighting' countries, LOL~ But the idea is very appreciated.

There was a time when I was wondering how Ha Ji Won actually learned the accent of the North.

By far I thought that was the boldest Korean series I've seen, so many international whatnots involved, etc. etc. I just really felt that part about John Mayer was stretched too much. Or, poor execution of it anyway. I've been watching TV dramas for a long time now, so I know how to take these shows at face value (i.e. not questioning the laws of physics, or common sense, or shallow plot devices) but I thought this was just too much haha.
    I see~ Well, we didn't get to see much of his past indeed, outside his history. That's why his motive of trying to be a king and did all those bad things is unclear and makes him slightly more annoying than having depth.

I really loved K2H, really a lot, although the whole theme of terrorism and John Mayer being there and them being unable to do anything was sooo frustrating

oh yeah, can we talk how awesome Jae Shin x Shi Kyung are?

AND HOW UNFAIR

!!!!!!!

rly my favorite character......
    Very unfair, LOL~ My first couple obviously will still be Jae Ha x Hang Ah, but Jae Shin x Si Gyeong story is just heartbreaking. That ending really made me surprised.

Rather off-topic but the soundtrack for the couple (Jae Shin's First Love) truly matches them.

I'm really ready to move on to the next dramedy please

I think I'll try 11 nin mo iru. Not sure if it's comedy, since the top 2011 japanese dramas were, well, really heavy according to reviews...
    Noo, I don't want to move on.

I haven't checked new drama after watching Reply 1997, busy with tons other things. So unfortunate.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

HOW COME NOBODY EVER MENTIONED THIS GUY???

He got really famous here in the Philippines when Boys Over Flowers aired a few years ago. I didn't care then, really. Since I am such a fan (and it has nostalgic effects for me) of Meteor Garden and Jerry Yan that I couldn't get myself to love Matsumoto Jun and Hana Yori Dango. So I thought, what's the point of watching Boys over Flowers?

I DIDN'T. still. So even if "Jun Pyo" became a household name, I didn't know who the heck this guy was.

After looking for some good 2011 reviews, I got to the conclusion that CITY HUNTER was a good choice to watch, and I remembered my friends talking about this kdrama (it was also aired in our local channel). And there he was, (this was maybe 2 weeks ago when I first laid eyes on this beautiful creature), oozing with masculinity. OMG WHERE DID THIS MAN COME FROM????

okay so I haven't finished City hunter yet because as I started reading more reviews (this time of 2012), another series of his caught my attention. FAITH ~the Heavenly Doctor~

Overall 8/10 series. One of the few new Kdramas that I watched ALL HOURS of. I usually tend to skip many dramas through the action (like in K2Hearts where I got bored with the Jon Mayer thing and skipped over it many times) but this one was just too unpredictable! I loved the story, and the characters (though some editing delivery fell short, at times just, wrong). Just the right action, drama, romance, AND bromance.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Er.. Because Min Ho's charm is already widely known throughout the world. To not know Min Ho is like.. not knowing the world of K-drama itself.

Just kidding. But yes, he is handsome. Although I don't like his hair as Jun Pyo, him playing in City Hunter was just splendid. I knew he was handsome, but looking at him in City Hunter literally made me melt. I'll have to try Faith when I can. Oh, life...

New Reply
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast