Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Don't get me wrong either, but Nodame Cantabile is #1 my favorite drama all time.

I agree with the characterization, I think that's why I enjoyed the series a lot. I've seen some episodes of the anime and took a peek on the manga, and that's exactly how Nodame and Chiaki's characters and relationship are. I have few friends who couldn't enjoy the series because they thought things are too crazy (with all the effects and characters maybe), that's why I wrote those words above. But for me, I totally love Nodame and Chiaki. Not to mention all the classical pieces used in the series. <33333

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I also liked the Nodama drama but i still think the anime version is better. First of all, i like the interpretations of the classic pieces better (i am kind of choosy) but the most important thing about Nodama, namely the craziness and the gags, are delivered much better in the anime than in the drama. Still, there are many people, especially in Japan and Asia in general who do not watch anime, so the drama version is a good alternative.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot rate Gumiho as a very good drama,

but!!! there are some things about that drama that I will never forget, and for me, that's more than mediocre.

like...

The rain- >.> Mi ho is crying

and

Hoi Hoi!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Gumiho is recommendable only because of her, even though her acting was still a bit clumsy (she improved very much till Arang)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

although, I read on reviews that she was a very seasoned actress, and had to adjust to having a clumsy role (because, well, Gumiho was a clumsy role). I can't say anything to that because I have never seen her in any other shows except Gumiho at the time.

Anyway, while watching ep. 1 of Arang, I realized that the male lead was guy no. 2 in My Girl (2005?). hahahaha my my how he had grown. Then I wiki'd him apparently he just came back from boot camp, which is what probably changed him and gave him more manly features, rawr.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    although, I read on reviews that she was a very seasoned actress, and had to adjust to having a clumsy role (because, well, Gumiho was a clumsy role). I can't say anything to that because I have never seen her in any other shows except Gumiho at the time.

Anyway, while watching ep. 1 of Arang, I realized that the male lead was guy no. 2 in My Girl (2005?). hahahaha my my how he had grown. Then I wiki'd him apparently he just came back from boot camp, which is what probably changed him and gave him more manly features, rawr.
    I think she has 10 years of experience now but yeah, she was a bit clumsy. Her performance in her movies are better though. Still, with her it did not really bother me that much since she is very nice to look at. Normally, that would not be a big factor but Shin Min Ah is too gorgeous to ignore.
    Also, you are right, the guy is from My Girl.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Shin Min Ah is pretty. But there are times when I feel rather uncomfortable looking at her. Maybe her forehead...? I'm not sure.

Anyway, since we're talking about Min Ah, I remember the first series I saw her in: A Love to Kill. The series is kinda strange that I can't help having not-so-good first impression of Min Ah as well because of the character she played there, maybe. I saw her again in Gumiho, well, I think she did better there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I see. XD I always have a hard time understanding a fantasy drama, Gumiho included. The first few episodes were hard and slow for me, the latter part was better. And yeah, I watched Gumiho because of Seung Gi-oppa as well. <333 And Chun Hyang is just awesome.

Nodame Cantabile is more about music but it has romance and comedy as well. But it may come too strange for some people's taste.
    I've had a hard time understanding fantasy dramas as well...especially in Korean dramas
    yeah~ Gumiho was cute and all but i can't help the fact that it weirded me out and the same thing for Secret Garden
    I know a lot of people liked that drama but the whole body switching thing and Hyun Bin acting like a girl was...weird xP

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimcheee View Post
    I've had a hard time understanding fantasy dramas as well...especially in Korean dramas
    yeah~ Gumiho was cute and all but i can't help the fact that it weirded me out and the same thing for Secret Garden
    I know a lot of people liked that drama but the whole body switching thing and Hyun Bin acting like a girl was...weird xP
    Haha~ I admit that was also the reason why I didn't dare to touch Secret Garden. Even though Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won are there, some of my real life friends also recommended it, and in websites about K-drama I visited the series got quite a high rating. A ghost or a mystical creature may still be acceptable, but I never really liked the idea of body switching. ^^;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Haha~ I admit that was also the reason why I didn't dare to touch Secret Garden. Even though Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won are there, some of my real life friends also recommended it, and in websites about K-drama I visited the series got quite a high rating. A ghost or a mystical creature may still be acceptable, but I never really liked the idea of body switching. ^^;
    yeah~ my mom became a huge of Hyun Bin after watching Secret Garden and keeps telling me that it's a good drama
    at first, I just watched it cause I was a fan of Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won but the story line was just too weird

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of my friends also recommend Secret Garden,

but I'm not too much of a fan of supernatural stuff, and certainly not gender-benders.

although I watched Faith, Gumiho, and Queen In hyun's man (time travel) and enjoyed all. lol.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, i do not have a problem with supernatural or fantasy stuff as long as it is done well and i think Secret Garden did that. I admit that it is a bit cheesy (which Korean drama isn´t?) but it still has the best couple in K-Drama i have seen so far. Both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won (especially considering that most of the time, only idols are casted in romantic comedies) are superb actors, the story was good (the body switching was like a metaphor for sympathizing with the other) and the OST + cinematography makes this highly recommendable, definitely more than Faith or Gumiho (the latter only has Shin Min Ah as a plus).
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; January 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently decided to watch 2 shows about cooking, 1 dinner 2 nobunaga no chef. Dinner is more on the dramatic side of events and chef is comedy. But for some reason i just couldnt felt "connected" to either shows. I wasnt expecting anything from Dinner but; another Italian restaurant something to see after bambino just couldnt help it. maybe after a while i will return and see how they do.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

why, is there a bambino live action?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    why, is there a bambino live action?
    Of course http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bambino!. Unfortunately, they pretty much changed the storyline like in most manga adaptions.

New Reply
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast