Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Of course http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bambino!. Unfortunately, they pretty much changed the storyline like in most manga adaptions.
    Sucks, doesnt it? Thou at least it was on the better side of dramas.

Nobunaga also a manga adapation but havent read the material just decided to watch it for the Shida Mirai and Jin-like story.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i happened to enjoy Go, the japanese period drama about the wife of Tokugawa Hideyori.

maybe i should watch another Taiga drama to take a break from the Korean ones.

i'm dropping Arang after the fifth episode. too many traditional references for me, it gets in the way with my viewing experience. :/

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    i'm dropping Arang after the fifth episode. too many traditional references for me, it gets in the way with my viewing experience. :/
    Oh? And here I am thinking to add Arang to my to-watch list. Is the history and culture explanation too much and boring? I'm not good with those things so...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Oh? And here I am thinking to add Arang to my to-watch list. Is the history and culture explanation too much and boring? I'm not good with those things so...
    Well, it wasn´t a problem for me and i know nothing about Korean history but i guess it depends on the person who is watching,

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i happened to enjoy Go, the japanese period drama about the wife of Tokugawa Hideyori.

maybe i should watch another Taiga drama to take a break from the Korean ones.

if you want taiga this may work for you thou just starting out so....

not a favorite of mine but haruka looks good on it. (at least on the poster)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not the biggest fan of the genre but i would still recommend this http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Atsu-hime to anyone

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I read about that Tenshoin (atsu-hime) in wiki but I thought her life wasn't interesting enough for a Taiga? lol. But maybe they dramatized it to make it good.

there was one "Ryomaden" that apparently was so popular and successful as a drama (2010)- when I looked it up it was about the end of Tokugawa era (into Meiji restoration period- and industrialization, more like) and it's about the founder of Mitsubishi...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I read about that Tenshoin (atsu-hime) in wiki but I thought her life wasn't interesting enough for a Taiga? lol. But maybe they dramatized it to make it good.

there was one "Ryomaden" that apparently was so popular and successful as a drama (2010)- when I looked it up it was about the end of Tokugawa era (into Meiji restoration period- and industrialization, more like) and it's about the founder of Mitsubishi...
    It´s the best taiga i have watched till now, so i would recommend giving it a try, maybe you´ll like it. It´s pretty much the role that took Aoi Miyazaki from being another cute, little up-and-coming actress to being one of the most wanted actresses in the business.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, will give it a try

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling for all Jo Jung Suk-oppa fans...!!! You don't know Jo Jung Suk? For those who watched King2Hearts, you can't possibly forget the best hero of the story.

Read this article and scroll to the last part of the article.

And with IU! And as lead characters for both of them. Looking forward to it.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling for all Jo Jung Suk-oppa fans...!!! You don't know Jo Jung Suk? For those who watched King2Hearts, you can't possibly forget the best hero of the story.

Read this article and scroll to the last part of the article.

And with IU! And as lead characters for both of them. Looking forward to it.
    Hmm, he is 13 years older than her, don´t know whether i like them together.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

P-chan, your avatar is Ueno Juri... from what drama/film is that?

I miss her already! >.<

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, he is 13 years older than her, don´t know whether i like them together.
    Lately I'm watching drama in which the lead actors are so much different in age. Like in King2Hearts, then Faith, and now 7th Grade Civil Servant. Mostly the females are the older ones. So I find Jung Suk-oppa being older so much more than IU is interesting, LOL~ Since I like their act from previous series, I wonder if it'd be good when they're put together.

P-chan, your avatar is Ueno Juri... from what drama/film is that?

I miss her already! >.<
    I just found it from Google so I have no idea if it's from a film, a drama, or just a photoshoot session, sorry.

It doesn't seem like she has anything running at the moment? Latest I watched her in Sunao ni Narenakute, and her last play was in Gou.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately I'm watching drama in which the lead actors are so much different in age. Like in King2Hearts, then Faith, and now 7th Grade Civil Servant. Mostly the females are the older ones. So I find Jung Suk-oppa being older so much more than IU is interesting, LOL~ Since I like their act from previous series, I wonder if it'd be good when they're put together.

I just found it from Google so I have no idea if it's from a film, a drama, or just a photoshoot session, sorry.

It doesn't seem like she has anything running at the moment? Latest I watched her in Sunao ni Narenakute, and her last play was in Gou.
    To be honest, i don´t know IU since i am not really interested in K-Pop but is she by chance the one who played a fat girl who got really thin in Dream High?

I don´t really like that the main leads (actors) in some dramas are so different in age, especially if they are playing characters who are supposed to be the same age. On the other hand, dramas with main leads (characters) in which the woman is older are quite interesting, though rare. This one is a good example http://asianwiki.com/Dalja%27s_Spring

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, i don´t know IU since i am not really interested in K-Pop but is she by chance the one who played a fat girl who got really thin in Dream High?
    Yeah, that's her. Kim Pil Suk in Dream High. Since I saw here there, I was more aware of her career as a singer, and liked her better as a singer than actress, lol. But I guess I'll still give it a try.

I don´t really like that the main leads (actors) in some dramas are so different in age, especially if they are playing characters who are supposed to be the same age. On the other hand, dramas with main leads (characters) in which the woman is older are quite interesting, though rare. This one is a good example http://asianwiki.com/Dalja%27s_Spring
    I don't know if I've watched a series in which the lead actor is way older than the lead actress because I didn't really check on their background when watching a drama. I wouldn't know Jung Suk-oppa is that much older than IU if you didn't tell me about it, haha~ But since you said so, I was reminded of those three titles in which the lead actresses are older. The chemistry so far is good, so I'm wondering how it works if it's the other way around.

New Reply
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast