Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/3661/legal-high

The score is pretty good. I'm not sure about mixing law/legal aspects with comedy but it sounds pretty interesting. How is it so far?
    The first episode is a good start, but I couldn't give any further comment beyond that.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The score is pretty good. I'm not sure about mixing law/legal aspects with comedy but it sounds pretty interesting. How is it so far?
    well there was Hero by Kimura Takuya, where he was a weird quirky prosecutor who solved crimes much like Sherlock. And it was i think meant to be a comedy. And got popular enough to get a second season years after.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

if you dont mind the sameness in every epsiode and watch it just as a way to kill time and focus on acting, it is ok.I remember laughing a lot in some episodes. but if you like a solid story about law and great comedy this aint it....

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who is looking for something to watch, i highly recommend the movie "Masquerade" http://asianwiki.com/Masquerade_-_Korean_Movie.

I am not exaggerating here, Lee Byung-Hun gives an Oscar worthy performance.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still in the middle of Padam Padam- but I'm telling you guys. Jung Woo-sul is the best. I'd seen him in A Moment to Remember and I was a fan then. He's a really good actor- and his gaze can melt you into a puddle

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I'm still in the middle of Padam Padam- but I'm telling you guys. Jung Woo-sul is the best. I'd seen him in A Moment to Remember and I was a fan then. He's a really good actor- and his gaze can melt you into a puddle
    Hmm, then you are still at the good part of Padam Padam. I completely agree with you, Jung Woo Sung is an amazing actor. You never get the feeling that that person is not Kang Chil who went through all that shit and lost his faith in the good in people and the world in general. It´s not even the highly emotional scenes that impressed me so much, it is more the subtle things that convinced me. One example: The scene in which he and Ji-Na ride the train together but are disturbed by the fishselling ahjumma who insults Kang Chil right in front of him (I think it´s around minute 7 http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-dra...isode-5/194803). The forced smile he shows is so heart-aching. For me, the guy is definitely among the Top10 of Korean actors, including movie actors of course.

baboysai, when you finish Padam Padam, i also recommend the other 2 dramas where the writer and director of Padam Padam worked together, Worlds Within and especially That Winter, The Wind Blows

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finished Legal High, while it is nothing extraordinary, I need to admit it's really entertaining. It offers a good balance between courtroom drama and comedy, and the cast is just in harmony with each other. For a fan of legal tv show or comedy series in general, probably I'd say it's a pretty good series.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone who is looking for a new drama, i recommend Special Affairs Team TEN http://asianwiki.com/Special_Affairs_Team_TEN , incredible quality for a K-Drama

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I cried like a lot during that movie. >>; I second A Moment to Remember. It's one of my favorite movies.
    Last edited by Kyouria; February 26, 2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Grammar

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blades of Blood

That is the title of the latest addition to my Asian drama/movie list. It is an interesting movie, it starts a little slow but then it gets very interesting. The movie deals with the following topics: politics, betrayal, thirst for power, and love. My favorite character in this movie is the blind man, actor Hwang Jung-min is the one who plays said character and he does an amazing job. Cha Seung-won does an amazing job as well, both guys are absolutely great in this movie.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Padam padam. 9.5/10. Just for that teeny bit of loss of willpower in the 18-19th episode that I thought was out of character for the protagonist, who lived life fighting.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Padam padam. 9.5/10. Just for that teeny bit of loss of willpower in the 18-19th episode that I thought was out of character for the protagonist, who lived life fighting.
    Yep, besides the episode 17-19, it was just a dream of a drama. If you have time, i recommend start watching That Winter, The Wind Blows.

---------- Post added March 04, 2013 at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2013 at 05:38 PM ----------

I think i said this before, if you guys need something to watch, i can recommend 2 drama from 2007, first is Thank You, the most heartwarming drama i have ever watched, the second is Flowers of my Life, also very sad, funny (sometimes real dark humor) and heartwarming.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

-________________- watched the first ep of That Winter the wind blows, OMG I LOVE THE CAST @_@ Hello Kim Bum and Jung Eun ji <3

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

-________________- watched the first ep of That Winter the wind blows, OMG I LOVE THE CAST @_@ Hello Kim Bum and Jung Eun ji <3
    Come quick to join us at latest ep~ Better yet, drop by here and let's have fun!

Eun Ji's character sometimes annoys me, but I guess she acts out on what she feels so okay I'll forgive her.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watching xxxHolic ? (Japanese Drama)
    Wanted to hear some thoughts on it.

New Reply
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast